Pampered Chef Family Heritage Stoneware Loaf Pan 1417 Reviews

Pampered Chef Family Heritage Stoneware Loaf Pan 1417

Pampered Chef Stoneware Loaf Pan - For Making Great Breads

Jul 24, 2002 (Updated Jul 24, 2002)

Pros:Hmmm

Cons:Hmmm

The Bottom Line: Since I did not have a great experience with it the first time, I will use it a few more times and give an update to my review.

My favorite season of the year is Winter. I love Winter for two reasons, the weather and homemade bread. I love to make homemade breads and bake them in my oven. There is nothing like the smell of cooking bread.

When I had a Pampered Chef cooking show, I earned points toward free products. The Pampered Chef Stoneware Loaf Pan was one of my choice. All my friends raved about their stoneware and how wonderful it was. So I thought, hey it is free why not get the loaf pan.

I could hardly wait for my new Pampered Chef Stoneware Loaf Pan to arrive. I was planning what my first bread would be while I was counting the days until my order came in.

My Pampered Chef Stoneware Loaf Pan arrived in a nice sturdy box for its protection. I immediately took it out of the box and read the directions, looked at the recipes that came with it and then I washed it. I took out the ingredients to make my first loaf of bread. I was really excited.

Preparing your Stoneware

Prior to your first use, Pampered Chef recommends cleaning your stoneware. Cleaning consists of rinsing the stone with warm water and drying it off. NEVER, use soap on your stoneware. Soap can ruin the taste of future foods cooked in/on the stoneware.

Next comes the Seasoning of the stoneware. To season your Stoneware, grease and/or flour your Stoneware according to package or recipe directions for the first several bakings. After these bakings, your Stoneware will begin to season and greasing may not be required.(from the Pampered Chef Website.

Seasoning your stoneware is an important part of owning your stoneware. After several uses and proper cleaning, your stoneware should be well seasoned and cooking spray or oil will not be required. A well seasoned piece of stoneware looks disgustingly dirty. The mock dirt is the oils that have been absorbed into the stone, and this is good.

My Mistake

I think I made a big mistake with my first batch of bread. It is a mistake that has caused me to dislike my loaf pan and put it back in its box in my cupboard. But, I have decided this winter I will try it again.

I believe the mistake I made was, spraying my loaf pan with a little bit of cooking spray on the bottom of the pan and not grease. I did sprinkle it with flour, as the Instruction Manual suggested but I believe the mistake was the oil/cooking spray.

My first attempt at making bread was very disappointing. It seemed to me that the bread took a lot longer to cook in the Pampered Chef Stoneware Loaf Pan than it did in my Pyrex glass loaf pan. After my bread was finally done, I took it out of the oven and waited for it to cool. Then I turned the loaf pan over and waited for my bread to pop out. I never did. I had to try hard to get it out of the pan and still the bread stuck to the loaf pan. I was very disappointed!

Handling and Cleaning your Stoneware

A few safeguards are expected when using and taking care of your stoneware.

Handling your stoneware - Stoneware is a natural clay product and needs special care.

When it gets hot, the pan can be extremely hot and it is suggested that you use a well insulted cooking mitt to avoid burns.

Never run a hot stone under cold water, this will result in breaking of the stone.

Never put a stone in the broiler or on the stove top. Direct heat is bad for the stone.

Cleaning your stoneware - As I said above, never use soap on your stone. When you clean your stone, make sure you wait until the stone has cooled. Use warm water to clean your stone. If you have a hard to clean food mess, included with your stoneware is a little square nylon scrubber. Pampered Chef suggest that you use their scrubber to clean hard to clean spots.

Never put your stoneware in the dishwasher.

Baking with your Stoneware

The Pampered Chef Stoneware Loaf Pan can be used in a convection oven, microwave, toaster oven, and regular oven. It is recommended that you do not put your stoneware in an oven that exceeds 450 degrees Fahrenheit.

I have only used my Pampered Chef Stoneware Loaf Pan to cook banana bread. I have other ideas for my loaf pan, but have not given them a try.

I plan on trying to cook:

White Bread
Meatloaf
Lemon Bread
Scalloped Potatoes

Guarantee All Pampered Chef products come with a guarantee. The Stoneware Loaf Pan comes with a three year guarantee.

Final Thoughts I don't think I will give up on my Stoneware Loaf Pan just yet. I will try it some more and hope for the best. If not, you may find it on Ebay. hehehe

I think as with all Stoneware from Pampered Chef you have to try it more than once. I don't think that a stone is very good until it has been seasoned well.

Pampered Chef Family Heritage Stoneware Mini Fluted Pan

Pampered Chef Family Heritage Stoneware Mini Fluted Pan

BRAND NEW IN ORIGINAL BOX Pampered Chef Family Heritage Stoneware Mini Fluted Pan by The Pampered Chef Includes Use and Care/Recipe information in Eng...

Pampered Chef Stoneware Gingerbread Home Town Train Mold Holiday Collectable

Pampered Chef Stoneware Gingerbread Home Town Train Mold Holiday Collectable

Pampered Chef Gingerbread Mold Home Town Train #1806 Family Heritage Stoneware Like new in box. Holiday collectable Gingerbread Home Town Train Stonew...

Pampered Chef Family Heritage Gingerbread Baking Mold School Post Office

Pampered Chef Family Heritage Gingerbread Baking Mold School Post Office

You are purchasing The Pampered Chef, from the Family Heritage Collection, One Stoneware Gingerbread Mold, School/Post Office, 1997, Baking Mold. Part...

Pampered Chef Bountiful Heart 6 Stoneware Mold W/instructions -

Pampered Chef Bountiful Heart 6 Stoneware Mold W/instructions -

Pampered Chef ***BOUNTIFUL HEART*** 6 Stoneware Mold w/Instructions NIB! NEW! Pampered Chef ***BOUNTIFUL HEART*** Large Stoneware Cookie Mold NIB This...

Pampered Chef Come To The Table Heart 6 Stoneware Mold W/booklet -

Pampered Chef Come To The Table Heart 6 Stoneware Mold W/booklet -

NEW! Pampered Chef***COME TO THE TABLE HEART*** 6 Stoneware Mold w/BOOKLET NIB! NEW! Pampered Chef ***COME TO THE TABLE HEART*** Large Stoneware Cooki...

Pampered Chef Stoneware Baking Bowl 1450 In Box

Pampered Chef Stoneware Baking Bowl 1450 In Box

Submitted for your consideration is Pampered Chef Stoneware Baking Bowl, #1450. New In Box. Please view all pictures and feel free to ask for more. Em...

Pampered Chef Patriotic Heart 6 Stoneware Mold W/instructions -

Pampered Chef Patriotic Heart 6 Stoneware Mold W/instructions -

NEW! Pampered Chef ***PATRIOTIC HEART*** 6 Stoneware Mold w/Instructions NIB! NEW! Pampered Chef ***PATRIOTIC HEART*** Large Stoneware Cookie Mold NIB...