Pampered Chef Small Micro-Cooker 2776 Reviews

Pampered Chef Small Micro-Cooker 2776

A basic Micro-Cooker

Jun 19, 2006 (Updated Jun 21, 2006)

Pros:Light and easy to clean.

Cons:Not easy to allign closure of the handle.

The Bottom Line: For microwave usage only.

I was first invited to a Pampered Chef demostration party over a year ago. I usually try not to show an interest in these parties, but sometimes you just can't say no.

I was very fortunate at the last “show” I was at. After playing the few games they do to warm up the party, I was the winner of the big prize. I won $50 in Pampered Chef products. I was the last person to fill out the form of what items I wanted. Although I had this prize to spend, I couldn’t decide what I wanted or needed.

What is Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef was founded in 1980 by Doris Christopher. There are many items that will help you enjoy cooking, preparing and entertaing with these tools. International locations are at US, UK and Deutschland. Their products consist of stoneware, kitchenware, bakeware and cookware. I was a consultant for Tupperware when my children were small, so I know they are done more so for a get together and to receive some free stuff. For me it was a something to do in the evening where I did not have to get a baby-sitter and I earned a few dollars.

Preparing and serving any food with Pampered Chef products gives the hostess bragging rights. I’ve noticed many conversation in which everyone gives their total of these products they currently have and what they want to add to their collection.

These are NOT sold in stores but may be purchased at a “home show” or at their website. You can also purchase Gift Certificates starting at $20 to give as gifts. I think that is a nice shower or engagement gift.

Their website has all their products with prices listed so you check out a product before buying it. They also have a wedding registry, product use and care section.

As you can see on their website or from other’s experiences, their products are not cheap but they can help you finesse your cooking experience. This cooker has a 1 year guarantee. It should not be used for popcorn. It is dishwasher safe, but check the instructions since I only wash it by hand.

My collection

Of the items I have, I seem to only use the Bar Cutting Board which is 6 X 8 inches ($6.50) and this Small Micro Cooker ($6.00). My Double Boiler ($28.50) is still in the box awaiting someone to give it to for a gift since I have not had a need to use this product. Sometimes I purchase items with intentions of using them or because they look good and never get to use them.

Micro Cooker

(Update)
...This is a 4 cup pan made of some type of plastic. As stated on "Bottom Line", it is only used in a microwave.
(end Update)

This Small Micro Cooker has come in handy when I’m cooking a small amount of frozen vegetables to serve up to 2 or the whole 10oz package of frozen vegetables. It’s just the right size when cooking for under 3 people. For more servings, I would recommend the next size which has a 2 quart capacity.

Since it’s microwaveable, it’s light and has a sturdy handle. The lid, which serves two purposes, is a bit tricky to lock and unlock. The handle has to align and lock. You have to be sure it’s locked before attempting to use the lid to strain your food with the tiny venting holes. Also, the lid prevents splatters from occurring.

Because all vegetables require different times for cooking, I usually glance at the box and use the time listed. This pan is great when you are attending other things and eliminates overcooking your vegetables. Adding water is not necessary.

The Small Micro Cooker comes in handy when heating up soups and melting butter.

I’ve enjoyed using the pan. It is easy to keep clean and doesn’t’ take much storage space. This items does not seem overpriced for the quality and versatility.

I would give this product a rating of 5, but because of the handle locking difficulty, I can only give it 4.

For more information and to locate a consultant near you, visit their website.

Pampered Chef Family Heritage Stoneware Mini Fluted Pan

Pampered Chef Family Heritage Stoneware Mini Fluted Pan

BRAND NEW IN ORIGINAL BOX Pampered Chef Family Heritage Stoneware Mini Fluted Pan by The Pampered Chef Includes Use and Care/Recipe information in Eng...

Pampered Chef Microwave Rice Cooker Plus 2779 Black 3 Qt With Box

Pampered Chef Microwave Rice Cooker Plus 2779 Black 3 Qt With Box

Brand new All Sales are Final We Combine Shipping

Pampered Chef Outdoor Party Sticks

Pampered Chef Outdoor Party Sticks

This is a brand new set of outdoors party sticks by pampered chef in plastic. These sticks holds wine bottles and glasses for summer fun. ENJOY!!!!! P...

Pampered Chef Small Flexible Cutting Boards--new

Pampered Chef Small Flexible Cutting Boards--new

You are purchasing new Pampered Chef small flexible cutting boards. Please note that these are the small boards, not the full-size boards. If you want...

Pampered Chef simple Additions Small Bowl Caddy - Brand

Pampered Chef simple Additions Small Bowl Caddy - Brand

This Pampered Chef Small Bowl Caddy was only out of the box for the purpose of photographing for this listing, and is brand new, never used. It includ...

Pampered Chef Bread Tube Flower Original Box

Pampered Chef Bread Tube Flower Original Box

Pampered Chef Bread Tube Flower NEW Original Box You are bidding on what is now called 1565 Scalloped Bread Tube. This one is from 1996. New in origin...

Pampered Chef Dots Metal Pedestal Cake Stand HC, Fine China Dinnerware - Multicolor Dots On Edge

Pampered Chef - Pampered Chef Dots Metal Pedestal Cake Stand HC - Multicolor Dots On Edge
Replacements, Ltd.

Pampered Chef Small Bowl Caddy Set

Pampered Chef Small Bowl Caddy Set

Pampered Chef Simple Additions #1944 Small Square Bowl CaddySet. New in box with original packaging.Thank you for looking!

Pampered Chef Caddy For simple Additions Small 4 1/2 Bowls

Pampered Chef Caddy For simple Additions Small 4 1/2 Bowls

Pampered Chef Caddy for Simple Additions Small 4 1/2 Bowls click picture to enlarge click picture to enlarge Pampered Chef Caddy for Simple Additions ...

Pampered Chef Baking Mold Come To The Table Heart

Pampered Chef Baking Mold Come To The Table Heart

DESCRIPTION* PAMPERED CHEF BAKING MOLD COME TO THE TABLE HEART! This Mold is made of a Tan Clay and has the Impression of Leaves Decorating the Edge o...