Pampered Chef Spoon Rest 1678 Reviews

Pampered Chef Spoon Rest 1678

My Spoons Are Lovin Their Rest

Jan 11, 2007

Pros:Easy to clean, Space efficient, Attractive, Spoon handles stay cool

Cons:A little difficult to get used to at first

The Bottom Line: Perhaps a silly purchase, these spoon rests actually help organize and control the clutter and mess while cooking big meals.

Imagine being a hard working kitchen spoon, stirring, scraping, dipping into a hot working environment, never being able to take a lunch break, let alone a morning break. When the oven is hot most spoons get to rest on top of the hot stove. In my house there is often two busy cooks and we just don’t let the spoons rest for long times. Where is OSHA when these workers need protection? There is nothing safe for the hard working spoon, until now.

The spoons demand a voice, they demand to be heard, they demand a wonderful Pampered Chef Spoon Rest. Yes they want to be pampered and have a relaxing place to rest and keep an eye on the activities.

Perhaps you might think the Pampered Chef Spoon Rest is just another worthless spoon rest, but it’s not. It came to us from a party. So, in a way, it’s a party animal.

When the kitchen is busy, this spoon rest takes up less space on the stove top. The spoons rest upright.

A ceramic drip dish or small bowl catches liquids from ladles, spoon spatulas, rubber spatulas, blending spoons, slotted spoons, big spoons, small spoons, all kinds of spoons. Long handles stay out of the way. The spoon rest can oversee the action from the back of the stove or from along the counter next to the stove. It doesn’t get in the way.

Two of us cook and when one of us gets done and relinquishes the stove over to other, we simply lift the ceramic drip dish out of the chrome-plated steel stand to rinse. The white stoneware bowl is easy to clean. It can shower in the dishwasher but I find it’s much easier to rinse or wash in the sink.

The spoons are happy. Their handles don’t get hot from the heat of the oven or the surrounding burners.

Several months ago we were talked into attending a Pampered Chef party at one of my husband's colleague's house. There were as many guys at the party as women. The party was fun, the margaritas were great, and we all bought something (the guys and the gals). I’m sure that was the plan. The spoon rest caught my attention, and at $10 I figured it wasn’t a big loss if I didn’t like it.

It was difficult giving up my traditional spoon rest. I couldn’t figure out how to assemble the stand, although the directions were pretty clear. I just needed to read them rather than puzzling out the assembly. The first time I tried using it the spoon kept knocking over, but finally it dawned on me that the spoon rest needed to go more toward the back of the stove or along the side—out of the line of fire and heavy action. I don't recommend picking it up by the steel stand and moving the entire unit with a spoon resting on it unless you are also holding the spoon, at least not until you've practiced this maneuver a few times first. Once the period of adjustment ended, I found a lot of loving spoonfuls in the kitchen. The steel stand actually cradles the spoon in an upright position. The joy of cooking and stirring returned to my stove tops. No longer do I hear hints of strikes or spoon rebellions.

The Pampered Chef Spoon Rest will probably get a companion for those days when we are both cooking at the same time. Although I know it's possible to call up the representative or order through a catalogue, the party was more fun.

My wood spatulas love to spoon with the steel stand. They are definitely an odd couple, but somehow they get the job done. The stove and counter stays clean, the clean up following the meal preparations is simple, and the spoon rest remains on the stove looking sleek and attractive, until it's time to start the action once again. It waits quietly in the kitchen for the next kitchen party.

Pampered Chef Family Heritage Stoneware Mini Fluted Pan

Pampered Chef Family Heritage Stoneware Mini Fluted Pan

BRAND NEW IN ORIGINAL BOX Pampered Chef Family Heritage Stoneware Mini Fluted Pan by The Pampered Chef Includes Use and Care/Recipe information in Eng...

The Pampered Chef 8-inch Mini Baker

The Pampered Chef 8-inch Mini Baker

THE PAMPERED CHEF 8-INCH MINI BAKER This item is very nice it looks to be brand new, I believe this was never used.It also comes with the paperwork in...
CHEFS Ceramic Spoon Rest

CHEFS Ceramic Spoon Rest

Find kitchen storage racks, holders and dispensers at Target.com! Chefs ceramic spoon rest

CHEFS Stainless-Steel Spatula Spoon Rest - stainless-steel

CHEFS Stainless-Steel Spatula Spoon Rest - stainless-steel

Utensils & Sets - With the larger size and interior ridges, this stainless-steel spoon rest accommodates two cooking utensils and drains excess liquid...
CHEFS Catalog

Pampered Chef Simple Additions 7 Square Vegetable Bowl, Fine China Dinnerware - Plain, White, Serve Ware

Pampered Chef - Pampered Chef Simple Additions 7 Square Vegetable Bowl - Plain, White, Serve Ware
Replacements, Ltd.

Pampered Chef Bread Tube Flower 1550-6

Pampered Chef Bread Tube Flower 1550-6

Pampered Chef Bread Tube This is a new, in the box, Bread Tube from Pampered Chef. This tube is flower shaped. The item is #1550-6/96. Still in the pl...

Pampered Chef Outdoor Party Sticks

Pampered Chef Outdoor Party Sticks

This is a brand new set of outdoors party sticks by pampered chef in plastic. These sticks holds wine bottles and glasses for summer fun. ENJOY!!!!! P...

The Pampered Chef Measure All Cup #2225

The Pampered Chef Measure All Cup #2225

The Pampered Chef Measure All Cup #2225 - Unique inner cup pushes ingredients out and self cleans outer sleeve.
Pampered Chef Bountiful Heart 6 Stoneware Mold W/instructions -

Pampered Chef Bountiful Heart 6 Stoneware Mold W/instructions -

Pampered Chef ***BOUNTIFUL HEART*** 6 Stoneware Mold w/Instructions NIB! NEW! Pampered Chef ***BOUNTIFUL HEART*** Large Stoneware Cookie Mold NIB This...