Panasonic KX TG4023 1.9 GHz Single Line Cordless Phone Reviews

Panasonic KX TG4023 1.9 GHz Single Line Cordless Phone

Panasonic KX TG4023 1.9 GHz 1-Line 3 Cordless Phone Set: Sticking With A Winner!!

May 22, 2012 (Updated May 22, 2012)

Pros:The phones sound good and keep a good signal

Cons:nothing to note

The Bottom Line: I liked my older Panasonic Cordless Phone set so we went for them again. I am happy I stuck with them. I can recommend the Panasonic KX TG4023Cordless Phone set.

My wife and I purchased a panasonic cordless phone set years back and had been very happy with it. Unfortunately two lost phones (don't ask) and one left out in the rain left us with two options. No phones at all using our wireless phones only or purchasing another Panasonic wireless phone set. We opted for the Panasonic KX TG4023 1.9 GHz 1-Line with 3 Cordless Phones.

Panasonic KX TG4023 1.9 GHz 1-Line 3 Cordless Phone

This set has three phones one for the base and two satellite phones. Others can be added up to six handsets. The system can be used as an intercom between handsets and up to 4-way conferencing.

The built-in is an answering system that has a fixed stock message or can be customized with your own voice and message. It stores 18 minutes of listening to my mother-in-law calling to say she called.

Important in our home with six to eight grand children running around is the Locator Button. Our newest grandson loves to take phones and remotes and place them in drawers and trash cans. Luckily we haven't found one in the toilet bowl. ...yet!

More basics is that the base unit and or charger units can be mounted to a wall. All of our have table-top on my desk so no problem. There's also one belt clip that comes in the box.

The phones came with Ni-MH batteries that according to instructions should be used having advantages over Ni-Cd batteries offering "
high resistance to memory effect."

The three phones share one phonebook of up to 50 names and numbers. It also has quick dial settings that can be exploited.

In my home I set the ringer level at the highest because I have trouble hearing.

The numbers are easy enough to see without my taking out my specs. Though the numbers don't have backlighting, something I like, the window lights up whenever a button is pressed offering legible numbers on it and I like I can see who is calling.

Two Big Features That Are New To Us

This set looks and worked very much like our last set that worked well and was easy to set up and use. It also had a couple of features that were a step beyond my older set. The Panosonic KX TG40234 has what they call DECT 6.0 PLUS Technology. I don't understand exactly how it works but it gives, according to the box top info,  80x increase in signal correction resolution.

I do have to admit that real use shows me I can walk another fifteen or so feet from our house and it still works. That's good for us giving a signal to the very rear border of our back yard that is some 100 feet from the  base unit.

The newer unit also has Intelligent Eco Mode that reduces power consumption when the handset is close to the base unit for extended talk time. The text tells me I should be getting 13 hours battery life when in Eco mode. On the phones face are the words Eco. When I get too far from the base, it shuts off. Fortunately it works at all pints in the family room where my desk is. The room measures some 14 x 24' My wife doesn't get the Eco feature when sitting in her lounge chair outside some 50' away but it does show a signal in the kitchen that is about  ten-twenty feet away with a wall partially blocking straight access. I suppose that show a woman's place is in the kitchen. I am very fortunate that my wife doesn't read my reviews.

pops Last Thoughts

The set up was easy simply changing out the cords I had and using the same 110 outlets and phone line.  I placed the AAA batteries in the phones and charged them overnight. (it calls for seven hours) All is well!

I also happen to like that I can retrieve messages from any of the phones and not just the base. That makes life easy when I'm lounging in my bedroom upstairs with the base unit down.

I am happy with this Panasonic set as I was with our last one. This is close in look and features as my old set. It's good to see a winner continue and perhaps bring on an extra new feature or two like this one has.

The phone is loud enough to hear and clear enough for me to understand words on the line. My wife thinks the voices sound too muffled. I don't get static or interferance on the line at all and I live very close to an electrical switching station, a water tower with all kinds of wires and devices hanging on it  and electric railroad tracks.

They are handsome looking being a silver colour and fit well in the hand. I know we will use the "locator and we will be happy with the extended "reach" this system has. I also like the Eco system that works even further than I thought it might.

Though I don't have this set too long, it's system seems much like the older Panasonic set we had and that battery system was excellent and lasted for years without changing the triple A batteries that came with the set as this one did.

This is a relatively inexpensive system which, like our older Panasonic system, works just fine.

Our Older Panasonic four phone system

Panasonic KX-TG7745 1.9 GHz Five Handsets Single Line Cordless Phone

Panasonic KX-TG7745 1.9 GHz Five Handsets Single Line Cordless Phone

Panasonic KX-TG7745S, DECT 6.0 Plus Technology (1.9GHz) Interference-Free & Wide Range 30 more Battery life, Exclusive Panasonic Talking Features, Exp...
FactoryOutletStore

Panasonic KX-TG4500B 4-Line 5.8GHz Business Cordless Phone System

Panasonic KX-TG4500B 4-Line 5.8GHz Business Cordless Phone System

Panasonic KX-TG4500B (Base Only) Brand New Includes One Year Warranty, 5.8GHz Cordless Phone, 4-Line Operation, Caller ID / Call Waiting, Expandable U...
Panasonic Premium Store

Panasonic KX-TG4772B

Panasonic KX-TG4772B

Panasonic KX-TG4772B Brand New Includes One Year Warranty, New DECT 6.0 Plus Technology - Interference Free Communication - Increased Clarity / Enhanc...
101phones.com

Panasonic KX-TG4500B 4-Line 5.8GHz Cordless Phone

Panasonic KX-TG4500B 4-Line 5.8GHz Cordless Phone

Panasonic KX-TG4500B Brand New Includes One Year Warranty The Panasonic KX-TG4500B is a fully loaded, 4-line, cordless phone system. With features tha...
Panasonic Kx-tg6671b Dect 6.0 Wall 1.9ghz Corded / Cordless Phone Combo Retail

Panasonic Kx-tg6671b Dect 6.0 Wall 1.9ghz Corded / Cordless Phone Combo Retail

The Panasonic KX-TG6671B is a single line, corded/cordless telephone set with digital answering system ideal for use at home or at work. This corded a...

Panasonic KX-TG6645B 1.9 GHz Five Handsets Single Line Cordless Phone

Panasonic KX-TG6645B 1.9 GHz Five Handsets Single Line Cordless Phone

Panasonic KX-TG6645B, Range Boost, DECT 6.0 Plus Technology (1.9GHz) Interference-Free & Wide Range 30 more Battery life, Talking Caller ID, Expandabl...
FactoryOutletStore

Panasonic KX-TG4500B / KX TG4500B / KXTG4500B 4-line 5.8GHz Cordless Phone System ( Base Only )

Buy Panasonic KX-TG4500B &#47 KX TG4500B &#47 KXTG4500B 4-line 5.8GHz Cordless Phone System &#40 Base Only &#41 with fast shipping and top...
Newegg.com

Panasonic KX-TG4772B DECT 6.0 1.90 GHz Cordless Phone - Black

Panasonic KX-TG4772B DECT 6.0 1.90 GHz Cordless Phone - Black

Panasonic's Power Back-up phone is designed to enable consumers to make receive phone calls with the cordless handsets in case of a power outage.DECT ...
Office Depot

Panasonic Kx-tg4734 1.9 Ghz Dect 6.0 4 Handset Cordless Phone System Black

Panasonic Kx-tg4734 1.9 Ghz Dect 6.0 4 Handset Cordless Phone System Black

With a number of useful features, the easy-to-use Panasonic KX-TG4734B expandable digital cordless answering system is here to make life easy for you....

Panasonic KX-TG4773B Cid Tad 3.4LCD 2In1 3Hs

Panasonic KX-TG4773B Cid Tad 3.4LCD 2In1 3Hs

Panasonic KX TG4773B - Cordless phone - answering system with caller ID/call waiting - DECT 6.0 Plus - black + 3 additional handsets
PCM