-25%
Panasonic KX TGA101S 1.9 GHz 1-Line Cordless Expansion Handset Reviews

Panasonic KX TGA101S 1.9 GHz 1-Line Cordless Expansion Handset

+$9.95 shipping Office Depot

Great Panasonic phone for every room of the house...or outside

Jul 21, 2008

Pros:Lots of features and easy to use; 5 handsets that work together!

Cons:Can be scratched easily; one handset has lost full charge

The Bottom Line: Yes, I would recommend this phone, especially if you are able to find the 5 handset box. All phones work together, and you only have to learn one phone's features.

Normal user review of a phone with features galore. Since I'm a pretty average user, the phone has more options than I use. However, my husband has shown me many advantages to this phone. We bought it after my husband read some reviews about it, and I asked for more cordless handsets in the house. Our model came with 5 handsets, and we're glad that we have every one of them.

FEATURES:

SPEAKER PHONE FEATURE! This is by far one of it's best features. Our last phone's microphone didn't pick up our voices very well, and people noticed, or asked us to speak up. With this phone no one asks us to speak up AND I think they are surprised when we tell them that we are on speaker phone. I've used the speaker while cleaning my kitchen floor or sitting at the table eating or hanging out with my kids. I could continue on with my daily activities and not have to put the phone up to my ear and talk into it.

INTERCOM: My husband uses this feature quite a bit. The great thing about this is when there are two or more handsets. While working in the attic or basement my husband can call me on the main floor and ask me questions about whatever project he is working on. Before we used to use our cell phones for such an activity, but we don't have to now. (Each phone has a number in the upper right hand corner to tell you which phone you'd want to call.)

TALK BUTTON: One feature that I like quite a bit is that you have to press talk to actually dial a number. Because I have a two year old, she'll find one of these phones, punch in the numbers, and thankfully the phone does not dial anyone. When she finds the TALK button we're in trouble.

RANGE: I believe this phone has great range. I haven't driven down the street while talking yet, but I've taken it outside while I chase my kids up and down the sidewalk. The person on the other end has never told me that they can't hear me or that there is a problem.

MENU: To access the menu there is a button that provides the user with several options. The one we use the most often is the answering device.

ANSWERING DEVICE: The voice of the answering machine is pretty standard and very clear for the person calling. I like the fact that the each phone displays whether there is a NEW MESSAGE as well as the main base, which has a blinking light. Pretty standard features but what I like the most is that a message can be retrieved from any handset as well as the base. These can also be deleted from each handset. Also the message recording is very clear and understandable.

REDIAL BUTTON: The fact that this is a standard button is nice.

PHONEBOOK: I haven't taken the time to set up the phonebook, but I can see that this feature will be quick and easy for often-called numbers. Click on the button, then scroll to the number of the person to call.

BELT ATTACHMENT: One of the handsets has a belt attachment. This has become our "outside" phone. Whenever I take the kids outside I can attach it to my clothing. Unfortunately the handset face is now scratched after setting it on cement. This doesn't affect how it works, and so I now try to remember to set the phone on smooth surfaces.

DISPLAY OPTIONS: When my husband selected the date and time to display on the phone, I was excited. I don't wear a watch, and so it this has helped when I'm outside working in the garden or hanging out with kids. I just look at the display and there is the time. I also like the fact that there is a "time counter" to let you know how much time has passed since the start of a call.

CALL WAITING/CALLER ID: We don't pay for either service so I can't comment on these features, sorry.

CHARGING SYSTEM: It nice that each phone can attach to any base. Just click it in and wait for the yellow light and beep, this tells you that the phone is charging.

Sadly, I must say that one of the phones has lost its charge. Out of three battery bars, it only registers one bar and when placed on the charger it acts as if it's constantly charging. We've been able to use it. We're just not sure why this happened, maybe it was dropped.

Overall, we are very, very happy with this phone system!

PANASONIC KX-TGA101S DECT 6.0 Additional Handset for KX-TG10XX Series DECT 6.0 technology; Call Waiting/Caller ID; Additional handset for KX-TG1034S, ...
Full featured digital cordless handset for TG1032S and TG1033S phones Optional handset accommodates home/business expansion. The KX-TGA101S is an opti...
Office Depot

Add additional handsets (each handset sold separately) to your Expandable Digital Cordless DECT 6.0 Answering System. You can put one in the den, the ...
- Panasonic DECT 6.0 Accessory handset - For use with the KX-TG1032/1033/1034/1035 - DECT 6.0 technology (clear sound, long range, resistance to eaves...
PANASONIC KX-TGA101S DECT 6.0 SERIES CORDLESS PHONE SYSTEM WITH ANSWERING SYSTEM ACCESSORY HANDSET ADDITIONAL HANDSET FOR PANKXTG1034S, PANKXTG1033S &...
Panasonic Consumer DECT6.0 Accessory Handset KX-TGA101S
Panasonic KX-TGA101S DECT 6.0 Digital Cordless Handset for TG103x Series
Features: Caller ID Call Waiting Alarm Clock From the Manufacturer b>What are the benefits of Panasonic DECT 6.0 Phones? Engineered to work in the 1.9...
Panasonic KX-TGA101S DECT 6.0 Digital Cordless Handset for TG103x Series
PANASONIC KX-TGA101S DECT 6.0 Additional Handset for KX-TG10XX Series-by-PANASONIC
Panasonic KX-TGA101S Extra Handset with Charger for KX-TG1032S, KX-TG1033S, KX-TG1034S Cordless Phones, Silver...