Panasonic KX-TG4011 1.9 GHz 1-Line Cordless Phone Reviews

Panasonic KX-TG4011 1.9 GHz 1-Line Cordless Phone

Panasonic KX-TG4011 1.9 GHz Cordless Phone - Can You Hear Me Now? - Buy It

Sep 19, 2011 (Updated Sep 19, 2011)

Pros:Trusted brand name, Clear sound, large easy to see display, All the necessary functions.

Cons:No lighted handset keypad as the Panasonic website states.

The Bottom Line: The Panasonic KX-TG4011 1.9 GHz Cordless Phone is a great choice.  Super clear calls, extended range, DECT 6.0 technolgy for decreasing interference.  And I found it for $19.99.

We picked up the Panasonic KX-TG4011 1.9 GHz Cordless Phone when one of our old handsets would no longer stay powered up.  We were specifically looking for a handset that had all the basic features of today's phones but at a reasonable price since it would be in an area of the home where it would get only occasional use.

Unlike many of the Panasonic sister phone systems, this particular model is a handset only phone.  There is no call answering capabilities with the KX-TG4011 unit.  Panasonic does make models such as the KX-TG4021 or KX-TG4071, which are similar units with voice answering capability should you need that option.  This model is however, expandable should you have the need to add additional phone in the space.  This phone system can be expanded with up to 6 handsets.  Expanding the system means that only the base unit needs a connection to your home's phone line.  The remaining satellite phones need only an AC power connection.  This is nice for areas that may have never been wired for phone or where homeowners prefer to eliminate unsightly extra wires.

While the base uses AC power, the handsets are energized with two rechargeable AAA Ni-MH batteries..Panasonic has included the batteries with each phone handset for your convenience.

In doing a little homework, it appears there have been some advances since our last phone purchase.  This model uses DECT 6.0 Plus technology.  From my reading, sound quality and range of phones with this technology are noticeably improved.  More importantly, the 1.9 GHz frequency as it was explained to me, will not conflict with many of the common wireless devices such as our home's router or wirless wireless keyboard.  I was also told microwave ovens or other household items will not interfere with the phone.  Armed with this information before my search, and finding this one on sale, I had to bring it home to test out all the claims that were being made.

Range on this phone is beyond what I could ever have expected.  Not only can I take the handset to any level or the far end of our home but I've taken it outside nearly 100 yards beyond that point before the call will begin to break up.  Some of the claims such as interfering with routers or other devices are hard to prove but one is not.   In the past, our current phones would experience severe interference while in use anywhere in the kitchen while the microwave was in use.  Calls are completely unaffected by our home's microwave with the newer technology of this model.

The phone has the ability to store up to 50 names and numbers into it's shared phone-book.  I did have the advantage of using another Panasonic phone in the past, yet I still do feel adding and deleting contacts and phone numbers is fairly intuitive.  Once you have added a contact to your phone, they are there for each of the handsets which you may have expanded onto your phone system.  I like the fact that retrieving a contact list on the phone is acheived with a one button operation.  We're well on our way to loading up the directory so you might be concerned that accessing a particular contact might be an issue.  Once you have accessed the phone list, Panasonic has sped up the search with the ability to move through the list by selecting the first letter using the phone dial number system making fairly simple to locate your desired contact and phone number.

Panasonic added the Intelligent ECO Mode feature that lowers power consumption when you're on the handset in proximity to the base unit. This reduces the power consumption which, in turn, increases talk time and extends battery life between charges.  We have only had this phone for a few months but we have never experienced a problem with short talk time due to low batteries even though it does get left off the charger base at times.

The Panasonic KX-TG4011 1.9 GHz Cordless Phone has up to a 4-way conference capability.  This is nice for us with four grown adult children in different parts of the country.  This allows both my wife and myself to share a conversation with our kids.  That being said, the phone also has what is called a privacy mode which you can set at the handset to block the phone conferencing.  Not a feature we need here but those with young children or teens, the feature allows parents the ability to respect their deserving kid's privacy.

The KX-TG4011 is equipped with all the necessary buttons to work with your phone company's Call Waiting and Caller ID features.  Like most other phones on the market, Panasonic has given you the Flash key button to move between calls with your phone company's wall waiting function.  The Caller ID name and number displays clearly and without issue.  Each three-line entry includes the date, name of the caller and the third line is populated with the calling number.

The phone has a bright, easy to read monochrome LCD screen that works well in either dark or bright sunny conditions. The amber back-lighting as a background to the clear 3-line display make reading the screen easy, even in the darkest of rooms. While the screen is covered with a shiny acrylic cover that does occasionally cause some glare, it is generally easy avoid by a slight turn away from the brightest of directions. I do offer one note for those doing their advanced purchase homework. The Panasonic site states that this model has a "Lighted Handset Keypad", mine does not. It do not believe mine to be a flawed unit as it appears it never did light up. For what I paid and the fact this option was not particularly important, I hung on to the phone.

In the few months we have owned this phone, the need has already arose to use the built-in handset locator.  By simply touching the Locator button at the phone's base, a tone is sent to the handset to aid in locating the device.  The tone is emitted for one minute which should allow enough time to do the handset/Easter egg hunt for the missing device.

Every feature I was looking for and then some were available on this phone.  Since I found the Panasonic KX-TG4011 1.9 GHz Cordless Phone at Best Buy as an open item for $19.99 and we've had great luck with our other Panasonic phones, my choice was simple.  For those looking for a basic phone with all the most popular functions such as call-waiting, built-in phone directory, caller ID and the option of expanding additional phones, this is a great choice.  The great range, clear sound and fair price all offered by the trusted Panasonic brand make the KX-TG4011 a full five-star Epinions option.  I have to offer up a solid "Buy" rating as well.

Panasonic KX-TG4011N uses Dect 6.0 Plus technology that provides exceptional sound quality and range. This Panasonic cordless phone provides a digital...

1 handset Dect Plus technology takes the superb sound quality and outstanding range to a whole new level Intelligent Eco Mode lowers the power consump...
The Panasonic KX-TG4011N Wireless Phone is an expandable digital cordless phone. The Panasonic KX-TG4011N features DECT 6.0 Plus technology giving int...
Panasonic 6.0+, CID, HSSP
Sophie Systems
Panasonic KX-TG4011N DECT 6.0 PLUS Expandable Digital Cordless Phone, Champagne Gold, 1 Handset
Panasonic KX-TG4011N Expandable Digital Cordless Phone with (1) Handset
Features: Size: 1 Handset Speakerphone Caller ID Alarm Clock Size: 1 Handset From the Manufacturer .gray {color:#666;} div.aplusBody { color:#333; fon...