Panasonic LUMIX DMC-FZ100 14.1 MP Digital Camera - Black Reviews

Rated Show

• Battery Life:
  • Photo Quality:
  • Shutter Lag

Pros:Leica 12x zoom cannot be beat; great color; fast burst mode; ease of use.

Cons:Very limited manual control.

This camera is just terrific. I take it with me everywhere and have gotten a lot of great shots with it. It is easy to use, controls are logical and easy to reach, and images are super sharp with great color. I was worried about the measly 2 megapixels--maybe that is an issue, I just haven't run into it yet. The test 8x10s I've printed at home look fine. I especially enjoy the burst mode. Not-so-good things are not bad at all: shutter does lag, and you have almost no manual control of camera functions (though there is an exposure bracket function). You have to expect some limitations for a camera with this lens at this price--I have found all limitations extremely workable. Highly recommend this camera to the serious amateur photographer who is finally ready to go digital. Or to the frivolous amateur who just wants a good camera at the ready. Or anyone. I'll keep mine forever, even after I upgrade to that FZ10 or 20.

This Camera is a Good Choice if You Want Something... Flexible Enough for Enthusiasts

0.20x and 3.7x Lens Bundle for Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ100 DMC-FZ40 DMC-FZ45 This Kit Includes the Following Brand New Items: Opteka HD 0.20X Profession...