Panasonic MC-UG471 Upright Cleaner Reviews

Panasonic MC-UG471 Upright Cleaner

Free Shipping Sears
Free Shipping Home Depot
Free Shipping Home Depot

Nice quiet vacuum for price..cool tool for upholstery !

Nov 19, 2009 (Updated Nov 22, 2009)

Pros:low profile for storage, quiet,great power paw tool, works well

Cons:Prob' not for high pile carpet, very plastic feel durability questionable, ext' hoses short

The Bottom Line:

Nice for the price Id recc'd it for low pile carpet.

I own the 12 amp mcug471 panny" 25' corded vacuum. I like it, that said if youre like me and scaling down from a vacuum shops $3-400 dollar higher grade model this one will seem cheap and not as powerful. I know duh! LOL

I previously owned a simplicity 7250 (made by panasonic) it was awesome I swear it cleaned the under side of the rug from top LOL. But its old and needs a thorough maintenance upgrade and its too costly for its age. (at least for now in this economy)

I thought Id try this one because I wanted a panny' since they run quieter then most store bought vacs', I live in an apartment and tend to need to use it late (my neighbors say they never hear it!). This mcug471 is very quiet in fact quieter then my better one I retired, you can have a conversation without yelling.

Its very plastic compared to the durable plastic the higher grade models are made of, I think if I bump it around too much Its a goner as the wheels are mounted in cheapo plastic or appear to be as well as the rest of it. ( the higher price ones can be fixed completey all over).
Cleaning bare floors needs done w/ tools and can make me bend over more then old vacuum, but since I can use my old tools from old vac this works okay for me.

That said it does a nice job, I have low shag rug from eighties and carpet runners which it transitions too very easily unless you have fringes but theyd all choke that up.

ITs not heavy to me because my higher grade panny' was really heavy..they prob' are heavier then most tho' which is why the thing is quieter then the high pitch the really cheapos have.

The cord winder is awesome, I hope its durable and doesnt wear on cord, I really like the auto wind up function.
The tools are great especially the power paw thing...its a small tool with its own rotating brush you put on tube to do couch or other and its suction is great! The only other tools are a small brush and one ext pipe.

Its an easy vac to use and store, and I like the hepa filter.
My old panny bags fit and tools (if I use the extended hose I have from my old panny I have to put it in the hole where you connect the hose on the vacc of this one) I clean car this way.

The hose on this vacuum is very flexible, not cheap or stiff, will wear well I think, my expensive old one had a stiffer hose that wore.
I like the grip area on back to lift it with, helps not wear on handle.
Time will tell on wear of this unit but it is really nice for the price. I cant be sure how it would do on higher pile rugs, I think Id rather one with manual adjust vac height if I had thicker carpets.

It comes with one bag installed (mine did anyway) PLEASE check to be sure the bag is fully seated on connection inside..the factory had mine lose at bottom of bag and dirt was flying everywhere inside. Discovered it after I purchased high filter bags and installed them.
NOTE: Installing bags is a little tricky, you really have to be sure its seated at bottom of connection the way its made makes it hard but if youre aware of it its not a big deal to do.

If you cant spend a ton on a vacuum (300 and up in specialty shops) then this one is a good medium, I do recc'd it.

VACUUM USES THE FOLLOWING BAGS BELTS: ub8 belts, and style u bags (u3/6). For more info please click the "view details tab" on product here at epinions :O)

Panasonic's MC-UG471 12 Amp Upright Vacuum with Cord Reel features a 15 inch cleaning path and on-board tools. The unit automatically adjusts to the p...
Shop for Appliances at The Home Depot. The Panasonic 12 Amp Upright Vacuum Cleaner features a motor protection system that channels dust and dirt part...
Home Depot
Shop for Appliances at The Home Depot. For powerful household cleaning, turn to this 12 amp upright vacuum cleaner by Panasonic. A press of the foot p...
Home Depot
Easy, Quick Storage with Cord Reel A single touch activates the cord rewind mechanism, making storage easy and convenient. Automatic ...
United Vacuum
Panasonic MCUG471 Features: -Upright vacuum from Panasonic with 6-stage cleaning system; quiet mode available.-HEPA exhaust filter removes air impurit...
Wayfair
1-20 of 38 best deals 1 2   Next >> Why are these stores listed?