Panasonic NN-T795SF 1250 Watts Microwave Oven Reviews

Panasonic NN-T795SF 1250 Watts Microwave Oven

Nicely Wrapped Microwave

Nov 28, 2007

Pros:Nice Looking, Full Feature, Fairly Quiet

Cons:Poor Sensor Reheat Performance, Flimsy Door Release Button, not Stainless Fingerprints resistant

The Bottom Line: This is a nice looking full featured Microwave from Panasonic though I would recommend you go with the next model up. Having said that, this this a good buy.

Following a very pleasant experience with my previous Panasonic Microwave Oven, I decided to try their newer model. I decided to go with the NN-T795 which is a Stainless Steel 1200W 1.6 cu ft.

THE UNIT:

The oven in itself has a very nice looking dark facing which makes the touchpad buttons basically disappear within this stainless steel frame where you will find, on the lower left corner, the small Door Release Button. All in all, a very nice looking unit on your countertop.

The only drawback is the stainless steel which is not like some of their other models (the Panasonic Genius® Prestige) where the have Stainless fingerprint resistant front. Trust me you will see your fingerprints on this one.

THE SETUP:

You must be wondering why I would like to discuss the setup of a Microwave oven. There is a good reason. When you follow the instructions in the user manual, it says to plug it and then follow the “Welcome to Panasonic … “which then brings you to setup the clock. The issue here is that once you’ve setup the clock there is NO way to change the language or the metric measurements UNLESS you unplug the unit and start over again. Took me a while to figure that one out because it’s not clearly stated in the manual and, in my mind, the “Function Feature” section should be sequenced before the “Setting the Clock” section in the manual for that reason. I know it is a small thing but still annoying.

THE FUNCTIONS:

What you get is:

POPCORN: Gives you the option of the standard 3 sizes, namely 3.5, 3.0 and 1.75 oz which will then calculate the time automatically. If for any reasons you want to increase or decrease the time, you can do so by simply pressing the More/Less key. As expected, the microwave works very well in popping the popcorns and I’ve tried several sizes.

SENSOR REHEAT: Allows you to reheat food without setting time. This is accomplished by sensing the Steam from the food to determine when it is warm enough. I must say that with the NN-T795 I get very disappointing results compared to the Panasonic NN-P794SF. If I try to reheat a bowl of soup, for example Chicken Noodle Soup, and just press Sensor Reheat without selecting More/Less, the soup will be cool and far from being warm. If I press More, I see very little difference in all honesty. I have to run Senor Reheat twice before it gets my soup warm. The same applies to left over Chinese food, pasta, etc … Mind you it is still convenient but even after I have called Panasonic, they said it was reheat as designed.

SENSOR COOK: Will let you cook food that you select from a list called “Sensor Cook Chart” without setting time. Works the same principal as the Sensor Reheat described previously. To be honest it worked ok as a reheat which I know is not the intention here but from my test I found out that it makes the food hot which meets my expectations. Now I’m sure it cooks it a bit more at the same time, but I have found it to alter the taste or consistency of my meals. What I’ve tested is soup, sauces, pasta meals, stews, left over take out Chinese food and a few other items.

MENU DIAL: In order to change the time and weight, you do not use a keypad with this model, you simply push the Dial Knob so that it pops out and then you turn it until the desired time/weight depending on what you are setting. Works fine to be honest but is it really necessary? I am still wondering. I mean it’s not like it’s very difficult to press numbers on a keypad though in this case you don’t really need to have the lights on since by turning the knob you see the info scrolling in the Display Window. Having said that, it works fine though a bit sensitive. However, you can use the “Quick Time” feature to set up your cooking time.

QUICK TIME: This feature allows you to set or add cooking time in 1 minute increments up to 10 minutes. Each press of the Quick Min button increments the cooking time and then you press start. That simple.

KEEP WARM: Will keep your food warm for up to 30 minutes after cooking. After pressing Keep Warm, you just set the Time using the Dial and the press Start. The oven will turn on and off keeping your food warm until the set time. Only works when you setup your cooking manually because will not work in conjunction with any of the Auto Features.

INVERTER TURBO DEFROST: Lets you automatically defrost foods by entering weight. This is a feature I use quite often since I live alone so I do have to keep my ground beef or chicken breast in the freezer which I divide individually or my ½ lb weight making it easy to just pop in and defrost. The defrost time based on the entered weight works well by making your food manageable to crumble or slice depending on your need in your recipe. It is important to know that you will notice some cooked spot on your meet but should not be an issue for any of your recipes.

TIMER FEATURE: Gives you the capabilities of an additional Kitchen Timer and full functionalities of Delay Start and Stand Time. I must admit these are not features that I use simply because I never know when I’ll be home and there not point in me pre-cooking/heating my food and then having it stay there in case I’m late.

BOTTOM LINE:

The Panasonic NNT795 is a very nice looking oven with all of the necessary bells and whistles of a well featured Microwave Oven. The shortcomings that I’ve discussed can be easily overcome but still, sometimes you wonder why some basic things that worked well on previous models become less efficient on more recent ones. Makes me wonder.

Office Depot

Panasonic NN-SN651W Microwave Oven - Panasonic - NN-SN651W

Panasonic NN-SN651W Microwave Oven - Panasonic - NN-SN651W

Panasonic - NN-SN651W Panasonic NN-SN651W Microwave Oven Single - 1.20 ft?- White

Panasonic NN-SN651W NN-SN651W - microwave oven - freestanding - white

Panasonic NN-SN651W - Microwave oven - freestanding - 1.2 cu. ft - 1200 W - white
MacMall

PCM

Panasonic Nn-sn651b Microwave Oven - Single - 1.20 Ft³ - Black

Panasonic Nn-sn651b Microwave Oven - Single - 1.20 Ft³ - Black

Office Depot

Panasonic 1.2 Cu.Ft. Black Counter Microwave Oven, NN-SN651B

Panasonic 1.2 Cu.Ft. Black Counter Microwave Oven, NN-SN651B

Find microwave ovens at Target.com! Inverter technology is what makes this oven cook. It perfects the art of cooking with microwave ovens, delivering ...

Panasonic NN-SE982S Luxury Full-Size 2.2 cu. ft. Genius Prestige Countertop / Built-in Microwave Oven with Inverter Technology, Stainless

Panasonic - Luxury Full-Size 2.2 cu. ft. Genius Prestige Countertop / Built-in Microwave Oven with Inverter Technology, Stainless

Brand New Panasonic NN-SN651W Microwave Oven