-10%

Panasonic NN-SD797S 1250 Watts Microwave Oven

Free Shipping Panasonic

Great Microwave

Oct 8, 2009

Pros:Auto sensor re-heat
Inverter turbo defrost
Very easy, intuitive to use
Stylish look
Huge capacity

Cons:None so far

The Bottom Line: Definitely recommend it.  Defrosts and re-heats a lot faster than anything I have ever used.  Everyone in the family can use it without a problem.

I have only owned this microwave for a couple months, so I can only speak to how it has performed so far.  As of today, I love it.

It defrosts quicker and more evenly than my previous microwave.  For example, it doesn't cook the edges of frozen ground beef and leave the middle untouched like most microwaves.  Of course, you want to scrape off the defrosted parts as you go for best results, but I have never had the "cooked-edge" problems I had with my previous microwave.  I haven't directly compared the total time it takes to defrost meat vs. my old microwave, but it feels like it takes about half the time.  That's just an estimate, but it is directionally correct.  Same thing for re-heating food.  It seems like it re-heats food about twice as fast as my previous microwave.

It has a one-touch, auto re-heat feature that I love.  So, instead of guessing how long it takes to re-heat, this thing gauges the steam coming off of the food and stops it when it is hot.  There are several automated, one-touch features that make using it very easy.  Before I purchased it I was a little concerned about using a dial to enter the time, weight, and power level, thinking it would be a hassle.  But it actually seems easier than the usual touch-pad.

This microwave has a lot of functionality related to cooking food that I just don't use, so I don't know if it cooks food as well as the instructional video claims.  I only defrost and re-heat food in my microwave, and this microwave is exceptional for those purposes.  If you do any cooking in your microwave, you should go to the Panasonic website and watch the instructional sales video.  Seems like this microwave has a lot of innovative technology in it.

Like I said, I have only owned this microwave for a couple months, so I can't speak to long-term issues that might arise over time.  So far, so good.

I am extremely happy with this microwave and I would definitely recommend it.

enjoy faster cooking times with 1250 watts high power microwave inverter technology delivers a seamless stream of cooking power advanced inverter turb...
Panasonic
Quality products at affordable prices. Check out our feedbacks and buy with confidence! Panasonic NN-SD797S Genius Prestige 1.6 cuft 1250-Watt Sensor ...