Pantene Pro V Restoratives Frizz Control Anti Humidity Hair Spray

Pro-V Restorative Frizz Control Anti-Humidity hairspray… thumbs up… it works!

Mar 28, 2006 (Updated Mar 29, 2006)

Pros:Controls frizz and keeps hair feeling natural with a healthy shine and long lasting hold

Cons:Not strong enough for complicated hair styles, but great for everyday use!

The Bottom Line: I can’t believe I have found a product that actually works on my frizz-prone hair, and better than those very expensive serums! I highly recommend this hairspray.

I live in Houston and that means humid conditions prevail as soon as the temperatures rise. I have very porous hair that acts like a sponge and holds moisture: the result, I can look like Medusa on a very humid day! It’s very challenging to keep my hair looking presentable when the weather warms up, and as a result, it’s always tied back.

Disclaimer: before trying this product, I did not own any hair sprays because I have never liked them as I thought they left my hair sticky and made it difficult to brush out.

The discovery:

Last week, while walking down the hair products isle at my local HEB supermarket, I noticed the Pantene section promoting the new “Restoratives” line. I liked the packaging and colors and the products have an expensive appearance. I perused the different products in the line but the hairspray caught my attention as it promised to keep my hair “stunning-looking even in high humidity.” Having spent oodles of money on anti-frizz serums that only weigh my hair down and make it look oily, I was willing to give this hair spray a try. I did test it at the store for fragrance and stickiness and it passed. Now, it was to be determined whether or not it worked as promised. At $4.99, it was worth the try!

Product Claims:

• Anti-humidity formula helps lock in hairstyle and keeps hair bouncy, smooth and frizz-free even in high humidity.
• Helps keep hair feeling natural with a healthy shine and long lasting hold

The challenge and results:

I put this hairspray to the test on two very challenging occasions and it delivered as promised!

First test: Woke up to an overcast day. Temperatures rose to the high 70’s, overcast day and humidity was around 75%. Washed hair with my usual product and dried as usual with a blow-drier, but did not dry it 100%, meaning my hair was still slightly damp (those living in humid environments know this could spell disaster). Followed the directions: “held can 8-10 inches (20-25 cm) and spray evenly on hair.” It dried instantly and hair was not stiff!

Went out to run my errands, went in and out of stores, in and out of an air-conditioned car and after five hours I returned home. As soon as I walked in the door, I ran to the mirror to see how my hair held up. My hair looked nice and had not frizzed-up and brushed it without any difficulty. I also noticed I could run my fingers through my hair and it felt soft!

Second test: It’s raining! What great day to test a hairspray; humidity is 100%! Right after styling my hair and spraying it with this product, went out and walked the dog for about 10 minutes. I carried a golf umbrella, so, my hair did not get wet, but did get pushed around by the wind. Came back inside, rushed to the mirror and my goodness, my hair had only a hint of frizz and it amazingly held up well. After brushing my hair and re-spraying a tad, it went back to looking smooth! It rained the entire day! Hair held up well and did not frizz!

In summary: Pro-V Restorative Frizz Control, anti-humidity hairspray works as promised! It provides an unusually light and flexible hold, with barely a hint of stickiness and stiffness. This spray may be perfect for those who like natural-looking hairstyles and want a weightless finishing product that will resist high-humidity conditions. Those of you demanding a firm hold should try a different product, as this spray does not lock your hair in place, unless you spray several layers.

Product Details:

• Aerosol can: 234g (8.25oz), $4.99.

Warnings:

As with any product containing alcohol, one should never use this product while smoking or standing near a flame. Keep from spraying the product into the eyes and avoid excessive inhalation of product.

Product Availability:

In Texas, this product is available at Walmart, HEB and CVS drugstores. By going to their website, www.pantene.com, I noticed the product is currently available in the US and Canada.

2x Pantene Pro-v Restoratives Frizz Control Hairspray Flexible Hold 8.25 Oz Each

You're buying a Lot of 2 Pantene PRO-V Restoratives Frizz Control Hairspray Flexible hold 8.25 oz each

Lot Of (3) Pantene Pro-v Products: Restorative Fizz Control Balm & Curls Mousse

Lot Of (3) Pantene Pro-v Products: Restorative Fizz Control Balm & Curls Mousse

NEW: Lot of (3) Pantene Pro-V products (2) Pro-V Restorative Frizz Control Ultra Smoothing Balm (3.5 oz)(1) Pro-V Style Curls Mousse (6.6 oz)All of my...

Pantene Shampoo/conditioner Samples (agedefy, Pro-v Texturize, Pro-v Restorative

Pantene samples:Pro-V AgeDefy Shampoo and Rejuvenating Hydration Masque .33 fl oz each Pro-V Restoratives Frizz Control shampoo and conditioner .34 fl...

Pantene Pro-v Anti-frizz Curl Creme 5.1 Fl Oz (pack Of 3)

Pantene Pro-v Anti-frizz Curl Creme 5.1 Fl Oz (pack Of 3)

New on eBay I apprecite your business :-) NEW Pantene Pro-V Anti-Frizz Curl Creme 5.1 Fl Oz (Pack of 3) Buy it now price $31.63 $42.95 Description Tak...

Pantene Pro-v Shampoo Anti-frizz Lot Of 6 X 12.6 Oz

Pantene Pro-v Shampoo Anti-frizz Lot Of 6 X 12.6 Oz

PANTENE PRO-V ANTI-FRIZZ SHAMPOO, ALL DAY FRIZZ CONTROL YOU WILL GET 6 BOTTLES AS PICTURED 6 x 12.6 OZ MADE IN US

Pantene Pro-v Shampoo Anti-frizz 12.6 Oz All Day Frizz Control

Pantene Pro-v Shampoo Anti-frizz 12.6 Oz All Day Frizz Control

You're buying 1 PANTENE PRO-V SHAMPOO ANTI-FRIZZ 12.6 oz all day frizz control

Pantene Pro-v Anti Frizz Curl Creme 151 Ml 5.1 Fl Oz

Pantene Pro-v Anti Frizz Curl Creme 151 Ml 5.1 Fl Oz

Pantene Pro-V Anti Frizz Curl Creme 151 ML 5.1 FL OZ Description:Pantene Pro-V Anti Frizz Curl Creme Quantity: 1 Bottle, 151 mL., 5.1 Fl. Oz. Each You...

Hair Treatments - Pantene - Pro-v Restoratives Time Renewal Replenishing Mask

Hair Treatments - Pantene - Pro-v Restoratives Time Renewal Replenishing Mask

Pantene Pro-V Restoratives Time Renewal Mask 7.6 oz + Sample Conditioner Brand New and Sealed Restore vitality and undo up to two years of damage to y...

Pantene Pro-v Smooth Shampoo & Conditioner Lot Fights Frizz Full Size

Pantene Pro-v Smooth Shampoo & Conditioner Lot Fights Frizz Full Size

New Pantene Pro-V SMOOTH Shampoo Conditioner Lot. Fights Frizz. Lot includes:(3) Shampoo 12.6 Fluid Ounce Each (1) Conditioner 12.6 Fluid Ounce Item w...

2 Pantene Pro-v Smooth & Sleek 2in1 Shampoo & Conditioner Tames Frizz 12.6 Oz

2 Pantene Pro-v Smooth & Sleek 2in1 Shampoo & Conditioner Tames Frizz 12.6 Oz

TO NETREBAUA STORE!!! YOU ARE PURCHASING :2 bottles Pantene pro-v smooth and sleek with argan oil from morocco 2in1 shampoo and conditioner tames friz...