Sanford Papermate Stick Pens Pen

PaperMate Stick Pens - "Ink on Demand"

Mar 8, 2007 (Updated Mar 9, 2007)

Pros:Affordable, Reliable, Slim Barrel Design

Cons:Basic PaperMate Stick Pens do not come with comfort grips.

The Bottom Line: The PaperMate Stick Pens are quality pens for an inexpensive price.

How many times have you been in the midst of writing something very important and your pen decides it just doesn't want to write anymore? I have had this happen to me on numerous occasions in the past. PaperMate Stick Pens have proven to be reliable pens for me. Eventually all pens will run out of ink and need to be refilled or replaced, but PaperMate Stick Pens seem to always give me ink on demand.

Price, Packaging and Locating

You can expect to pay less than $1.25 for a pack of 10 pens. The 10 pens will be packaged in sealed plastic. You can locate PaperMate Stick Pens in drug stores and grocery stores but you will find them at a lower price if you shop for them at a variety retail store such as Wal-mart or Target. Larger quantity packages are also available at office supply stores.

Pen Details

The PaperMate Stick Pens are ball point pens that come in fine or medium point. The package will clearly state if the pens in question are fine or medium point. Since these pens are the ball point style the ink will not thin out while writing. Instead the ink tends to stay the same consistency while writing. The ink flow is steady as it transfers to your paper from the rotating ball. I am not fond of fine point pens, so I purchased the medium point blue pens. Writing with the medium ball point PaperMate Stick Pens gives you a bold blue color, even on glossy surfaces. Thanks to fellow epinionator nc10 I checked this out using a 4x6 sheet of HP photo paper and it worked like a champ!

The PaperMate Stick Pens are available in black, blue and red. The barrels of the pen are the same color as the ink they write.

The design of the barrel is slim and fits comfortably in your hand. Unfortunately the basic PaperMate Stick Pens do not have the comfort grip. I personally don't care for the comfort grip, but I am sure there are many that do.

The PaperMate Stick Pens are disposable and cannot be refilled with ink. However, they are inexpensive enough that this doesn't present a problem.

How long can a PaperMate Pen Write Before Running Out of Ink?

Just as with any pen, the amount of ink in PaperMate Pens is never the exact same. www.PaperMate.com states "The amount of ink in each pen can vary. Some Paper Mate ballpoint pens can write up to 1.5 miles worth of writing!" That is a lot of ink!

Final Thought

Anyone that would be satisfied with a simple standard ball point pen that is reliable would benefit from PaperMate Stick Pens.

**This review was moved to the appropriate destination on March 9, 2007. I have written over 300 epinions and never thought to look in the details section to make sure that I had the right product. I just read the product title. Special thanks to fellow epinionator dlstewart for pointing out this oversight to me.**

Papermate Point Guard Purple Flair Porous Point Stick Pens (Pack of 12)

Papermate Point Guard Purple Flair Porous Point Stick Pens (Pack of 12)

This Papermate Point Guard tip prevents fraying and extends your pen's writing life. This quick-drying, water-based ink rarely smears, making this pen...
10-pack Papermate Write Bros Pens 73737 -sanford

Sanford 60709 Rollerball Pen, Extra-large Grip, 0.7mm, Blue Ink, 12 Pens/dozen

Sanford 60709 Rollerball Pen, Extra-large Grip, 0.7mm, Blue Ink, 12 Pens/dozen

Sanford 60709 Rollerball Pen, Extra-Large Grip, 0.7mm, Blue Ink, 12 Pens/Dozen SAN60709 Rollerball pen offers a textured, extra-large grip for writing...

Papermate Flair Porous Point Stick Pens, Assorted Ink, Medium Point, Dozen, St -

Papermate Flair Porous Point Stick Pens, Assorted Ink, Medium Point, Dozen, ST - SPECIFICATIONS Sold by the Set 12 Color Set Felt Tip Medium Point ADD...

5-pack Papermate Mechanical Pencils 3037631pp -sanford

Papermate Green Nylon Fiber Tip Pen Marker - 864-44 - - 12 Count In Box

Papermate Green Nylon Fiber Tip Pen Marker - 864-44 - - 12 Count In Box

PAPERMATE Green Nylon Fiber Tip Pen - 864-44 - Porous Ink PMOP - 12 Count in Box New in box Fast Free Shipping
Sanford Design Kneaded Pencil/Art/Chalk Art Eraser, Rubber

Sanford Design Kneaded Pencil/Art/Chalk Art Eraser, Rubber

Versatile kneaded eraser molds into any shape. Works great on pencil, charcoal and chalk. Also for shading and blending. Eraser Type: Art; Global Prod...

Sanford(R) Design(R) Kneaded Eraser, Large

Sanford(R) Design(R) Kneaded Eraser, Large

For highlighting or erasing graphite, charcoal, pastels or crayons Kneads into any shape for best results. Individually wrapped. Conforms to ASTM D-42...
Office Depot

Papermate Black Liquid Flair Porous Point Stick Pens (Pack of 12)

Papermate Black Liquid Flair Porous Point Stick Pens (Pack of 12)

These top-notch medium-point pens mimic the smooth writing performance of a fountain pen. The unique liquid ink system in these pens provides even flo...
Pencil No. 2 0.7mm Papermate

Pencil No. 2 0.7mm Papermate

Find writing instruments and accessories at Target.com! Pencil no. 2 0.7mm papermate