Pastamore Ristorante & Market

Great place if you crave more pasta

Mar 20, 2005 (Updated Mar 20, 2005)

• Food and Presentation:
  • Ambiance and Decor:
  • Quality of Service:

Pros:Marketplace is quick; Inside has a large dinner choice. Come hungry.

Cons:Too busy, a little expensive

The Bottom Line: Far more than just spaghetti at this Italian restaurant and market.

Pastamore is an Italian restaurant located in Orlando within Citywalk. Pastamamore shares the same parking garage as Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure so parking is $8 during the day and free after 6PM. They do not validate. Pastamore is one of the first restaurants on the left when entering Citywalk. There are two parts to Pastamore, the deli market in front and the sit down restaurant is in back. The restaurant doesn’t open until 5PM and has a very different menu than the market side.

I love to eat at their marketplace because they make a delicious Italian sandwich and my favorite pasta salad. Most of the items including sandwiches are already made to reduce the wait. My favorite drink is the Raspberry Cream Soda. They also have a good pizza by the slice which is what the kids usually pick. There is a large selection of bakery selections which look heavenly if you’re just looking for a treat.

There isn’t many places sit if you choose the marketfront. There are just a few seats inside and several round tables with umbrellas on the sidewalk.

This restaurant offers entirely different food. It is usually pretty busy especially on the weekends so you may want to make a reservation.

You can start off with an appetizer such as calamari, mussels, Robusto, and more. Robusto: Grilled Portobello mushrooms, Eggplant Caponata, grilled Ricotta Salata, Bruscetta toasts, and Tomato Caprese for $10

There are several $6 salads to choose from such as Italian, beefsteak tomato, spinach and Caesar or $4 for a bowl of salad.

Main courses range in price from $10-$20 with the majority in the $12 range and are served with a loaf of homemade bread and a salad. I had Risotto wich was Italian Arborio Rice cooked with mushrooms, asparagus, garlic, Parmesan cheese and white wine, served with demi-glace sauce for $13.95. It was a very large serving and tastd okay but I would not order it again.

My husband had the Veal which was breaded and fried and topped with marinar sauce served over spaghetti for $18. He complained the whole time saying that it tasted like it was microwaved. The longer it sat the tougher it got.

There are a lot of choices on the menu such as your traditional pasta meals to more complicated such as Garlic Boursin Steak for $20, White Water Clams for $16, and Wood Oven roasted Chicken for $14.

This is suitable for anyone including families. It is a nice sit-down Italian restaurant but casual attire is acceptable because of the location. Our children were treated well and I believe there was a children’s menu however our kids shared a $7 cheese pizza off of the main menu. They are wood oven pizzas which I tend to really enjoy. The choices are White, Margarita, Italian Meat, and Deluxe.

Pastamore Deluxe: An individual Cheese Pizza topped with grilled chicken, Italian sausage, bell peppers, Calamata olives, broccoli & red onion $9.

They also serve beer and wine and an assortment of drinks. I had some sort of flavored water which was really good.

Our waiter was very nice and took the time talk to us and answer our questions about the menu. He was so busy that night that he didn’t have time to give us the attention that we normally get elsewhere which is one of the reasons we prefer not to eat at busy restaurants.

The restaurant was packed and fairly noisy due to the amount of people and activity. It had a nice restaurant appearance to it and was very clean.

Overall it was a nice experience and better than traditional Italian restaurants and I was especially pleased with the extended menu choices. The marketplace on the front of the restaurant remains my favorite Italian lunch place for a sandwich and pasta. My husband also gets cravings for the meatball sub they have.

Company Information
1000 Universal Studios Plaza
Orlando, FL 32835
Marketplace opens for breakfast 8AM-2AM
Hours for Restaurant 5PM-Midnight
Phone: 407-363-8000
They accept Cash, Visa, Master Card, Discover, and American Express.

Kid Friendliness: Yes
Vegetarian Friendly: Yes
Notes, Tips or Menu Recommendations Italain combo, meatball sub
Best Suited For: Trendy Crowd

New York Ristorante Market Box

New York Ristorante Market Box

Give a menu of gourmet delights directly from New York City's most favorite and famous Italian ristorantes ready to take diners from appetizer and sal...
Ristorante Framed Wall Art - 27Hx27W, Matted Espresso

Ristorante Framed Wall Art - 27Hx27W, Matted Espresso

Ristorante Framed Wall Art - Create The Perfect Setting With Stylish Art Prints - Enjoy Beautiful European-Style Architecture From Your Own Home Decor...
Home Decorators Collection

Ristorante Paradiso eBook

Ristorante Paradiso eBook

Buy Ristorante Paradiso by Natsume Ono and Read this Book on Kobo's Free Apps. Discover Kobo's Vast Collection of Ebooks Today - Over 3 Million Title...
Kobo eBooks

Ristorante Paradiso Complete Series

Ristorante Paradiso Complete Series

This charming release from the slice-of-life anime series RISTORANTE PARADISO includes all 11 episodes of the show, following the story of a young wom...

Ristorante Paradiso: Complete Series (dvd, 2012, 3-disc Set) R1 Anime

Ristorante Paradiso: Complete Series (dvd, 2012, 3-disc Set) R1 Anime

Ristorante Paradiso: Complete Series (dvd, 2012, 3-disc Set)

Ristorante Paradiso: Complete Series (dvd, 2012, 3-disc Set)