Patanol 0.1% 1 X 5ml Bottle

Patanol for Itchy Eyes

May 6, 2008

Pros:Used to work great, don't sting my eyes, sterile drops

Cons:They aren't working for me this year

The Bottom Line: I used to get relief from Patanol, but am not finding that the case today. It has done little for my itchy eyes. They might work for you.

My Dr. tells me it's been a bad start to the allergy season here in Alaska. We have a lot of dust, now that the snow has melted, partly from the roads being sanded during the icy winter.

When my eyes start itching, there isn't much that will help, other than eye drops that contain an antihistamine. I found Visine a few years ago, and they do make a formula containing an antihistamine, but my Dr. prescribed me Patanol last summer, and the bottle is still good, it doesn't expire until 2009. I just took some to relieve my right eye, which is driving me crazy with the itching sensation.

Description

Patanol comes in a tiny white bottle with a blue and green label. It only measures 2 1/4" tall, and only contains 5ml of Olopatadine Hydrochloride, in a 0.1% solution.

The cap has a safety seal which needs to be peeled away before you can unscrew it. The contents are sterile.

There are no directions printed on the bottle, it refers you to the enclosed insert. It's common use is as an antihistamine to prevent itching of the eyes due to allergies.

Thoughts

I have had real problems with Visine A stinging my eyes when I apply it, so I love that Patanol is very gentle and causes no stinging, even when my eyes are irritated.

I hate eye drops, but my husband taught me the easiest way to apply them, and now it's no big deal. I tip my head back with my eyes closed. Then I drop the medicine into the little pouch at the corner of my eye, and when I open my eyes the drops gently slide into place.

The insert says to remove excess drops with a tissue, you should be careful not to touch the eyes with your hands. If you do get any of the Patanol drops on your hands, you are directed to wash them.

To prevent contamination, you need to take care not to touch the tip of the bottle to your eye area, or any other surface for that matter. It should be stored at room temperature, and I usually have a bottle in my purse, in the motorhome, in my golf bag, and in both the upstairs and downstairs bathrooms.

Our health insurance pays for a 3 month supply of any prescription medication for only $12.00, and that amounts to a lot of bottles of Patanol. I usually clear out the stock at my pharmacy! They sure are handy to have in numerous places though, I never know when I'll need them.

Aside from the fact that the Patanol drops don't sting, they really aren't much more effective than my Visine A drops (with the antihistamine), except Visine A costs $7 a bottle, and I can get the Patanol much much cheaper.

I used Patanol all last summer with pretty good results, but it doesn't seem to be as effective today, and my bottle hasn't expired. I applied this to my right eye about 30 minutes ago, right after I got back from walking my daycare children to their bus stop, and my right eye still itches!

I am going to call my Dr. and ask her to perscribe another brand of antihistamine eye drops and see if they work any better. I don't know why these have worked in the past, but aren't working now. This leaves me in a quandry about how to rate these. I have had good results with them, but now they aren't helping me when I need it the most. I think I will rate them 3 stars, right in the middle. If your insurance covers Patanol, it might not cost you much to find out if these work for you. Ask you Dr. about Patanol when you visit him with your allergy problems.

5 Glass Perfume & Oil Bottles Roll-on 30ml / 1oz Great For Travel Lk

5 Glass Perfume & Oil Bottles Roll-on 30ml / 1oz Great For Travel Lk

5 NEW GLASS PERFUME OIL BOTTLES ROLL-ON 30ml / 1oz GREAT FOR TRAVEL l@@k !!! THIS AUCTION IS FOR 5 BOTTLES WITH ROLLERS CAPS CHECK OUT MY STORE FOR LA...
Hugo By Hugo Boss Men 5.0 5 Oz / 150 Ml Edt Spray Tester Bottle With Cap

Hugo By Hugo Boss Men 5.0 5 Oz / 150 Ml Edt Spray Tester Bottle With Cap

HUGO BY HUGO BOSS NEW TESTER BOTTLE / NEVER USED GENDER : MAN FULL SIZE : 5 OZ / 150 ML EAU DE TOILETTE SPRAY BRAND NEW : IN TESTER BOX / WITH CAP PRI...

on natural arousal oil for her 5ml bottle

on natural arousal oil for her 5ml bottle

The On Natural Arousal Oil for Her is best when used alone, or with others. A couple drops in the morning, and you'll be thinking about tonight all da...
Boss Bottled by Hugo Boss 100ml/3.4oz Boss Bottled Eau De Toilette Spray for Men

Free Shipping worldwide. Recommended Retail: US$75.00 - Boss Bottled Eau De Toilette Spray-100ml/3.3oz - perfume / fragrance for men
StrawberryNET.com

BOSS Bottled | 1.6 fl. oz. (50 mL) Eau de Toilette - Assorted Pre-Pack

BOSS Bottled | 1.6 fl. oz. (50 mL) Eau de Toilette - Assorted Pre-Pack

HUGO BOSS - 'BOSS Bottled' | 1.6 fl. oz. (50 mL) Eau de Toilette - BOSS Bottled has an initial fresh and fruity impression balanced with warm and flow...
HUGO BOSS

I-bond Bottle - 4ml Bottle - Qty : 1

I-bond Bottle - 4ml Bottle - Qty : 1

Please visit our store to combine on shipping! e b a y 's #1 S e l l e r o f D e n t a l S u p p l i e s !Up for sale :BRAND NEW !I-Bond bottle - 4ml ...

Boss Bottled by Hugo Boss 50ml/1.7oz Boss Bottled Eau De Toilette Spray for Men

Boss Bottled by Hugo Boss 50ml/1.7oz Boss Bottled Eau De Toilette Spray for Men

Free Shipping worldwide. Recommended Retail: US$60.00 - Boss Bottled Eau De Toilette Spray-50ml/1.7oz - perfume / fragrance for men
StrawberryNET.com

Dynamic Carbon Sealer In The 100 Ml Bottle

Dynamic Carbon Sealer In The 100 Ml Bottle

Dynamic Carbon sealer in the 100 ml bottle The description of this item has been automatically translated. If you have any questions, please feel free...

Lolita Lempicka Mens Cologne 5 Ml Bottle

Lolita Lempicka Mens Cologne 5 Ml Bottle

Lolita Lempicka MENS Cologne 5 mL bottle NEW Please be advised that under no conditions do we ever sell fakes, knockoffs or imitations. All of our ite...

BOSS Bottled Unlimited | 1.6 fl. oz. (50 mL) Eau de Toilette - Assorted Pre-Pack

HUGO BOSS - 'BOSS Bottled Unlimited' | 1.6 fl. oz. (50 mL) Eau de Toilette - Presenting BOSS Bottle Unlimited, this enduring fragrance serves as a mot...
HUGO BOSS