Payless Car Rental

Epinions Product Rating: Disappointing

Atlanta Payless Car Rental-- WORST Car Rental Experience Ever!!

Nov 14, 2006

Pros:Finally got a car after 2 hours, Never have to go back to Payless

Cons:Horrible Customer Service, Unsatisfied Employees, Only two airport shuttles- both broken down, Slow Service

The Bottom Line: Don't waste your time and money at Payless Car Rental - We waited over 1.5 hours for the airport shuttle - Poor/Slow Customer Service - Unhappy Employess

My fiance and I traveled to Atlanta last weekend 11/10/06- 11/12/06. We rented a car from Payless Car Rental through Expedia.com. I definitely learned my lesson that you get (or don't get) what you pay for!

I arrived in Atlanta at 9:30 and had scheduled to rent my car at this time. After waiting 20 minutes for the Payless shuttle to pick us up from the baggage claim, I called to inquire about the status of the shuttle (Meanwhile, at least 5 shuttles from each reputable rental car company (Avis, Hertz, Thrify) had picked up and dropped off customers. The lady at Payless indicated the shuttle was on its way. 15 minutes later- no shuttle. Called back several times and was assured the shuttle would arrive. Finally 1.5 hours later (I am an idiot for not immediately renting from another agency) the lady informed both of their shuttles had broken down--- and once again assured me someone would be picking me up as soon as possible. 30 minutes later someone arrived at the airport to pick up me and my fiance.

Once at the rental agency, we learned that Payless did not value, or apparently understand, the concept of customer service. We expected to get at least an upgrade car rental for waiting two hours for the shuttle! But, as to be expected, they were out of upgraded cars- likely due to having to upgrade other customers for the same experience we had. So, we thought maybe we would get a free rental for at least one of the days-not a chance- we were only given a 10% discount which equaled a total of 3 dollars off for the entire weekend. We did not leave the rental agency until Noon!

On the way back to the airport on Sunday, our driver informed us that the manager was not the least bit interested in customer service, and the nice ladies working at the front (the one positive aspect) kept telling us how they could not wait to quit! Apparently, the higher ups don't have concern for their employees either.

If you would like to spend your next Atlanta vacation somewhere other than the shuttle pick up outside of baggage claim- take my advice, and don't rent from Payless Rental. There are too many other good companies to waste your time and money with this one.