Pedialyte Reviews

Pedialyte

Pedialyte or Generic?

Aug 13, 2001

Pros:Doctor Recommend, works better than soda or juice

Cons:Expensive

The Bottom Line: Great Product, just look for generic to save money!

Note: This is my first Epinion review - constructive comments are very welcome and appreciated.
------------------------------------------------------------

Pedialyte is a very useful tool in helping a child get well when they are sick. It is a great way to get all the good stuff a child needs when their body just can not tolerate much of anything.

I've used Pedialyte for years now, as I have a 4 year old and 18 month old child. But I have found a great secret to make this wonderful product affordable for most families that are strapped for cash - Buy Generic!

Yes, Generic, store-brand Pediatric Electrolyte is available at some stores near you! I buy mine at Wal-Mart. I also always buy the unflavored for my kids. Yes, juice is not the best thing for kids that are sick, but if you want to get this good stuff in them, you can use the unflavored as if it were water. Take it, mix in frozen concentrate of a juice, or simply water down further their favorite juice, and voila! Success at getting them to drink it!

If your child does like water, then just refrigerate, and have them drink it. It was one of the few things I could get into my son when he was 11 months old, and did not eat for 2 weeks due to a throat infection. Between this and nursing, he finally fought off the bug and took his first meal on his 1st birthday.

So for anyone looking for something to help you sick child, or to prepare before the next wave of illness hits, check your local stores! Generic may not have the name "Pedialyte", but check the ingredients. It works and saves you money!

Pedialyte Fruit, 1-L bottle

Pedialyte Fruit, 1-L bottle

Unlike sports drinks, juice, or soda, Pedialyte contains just enough sugar in balance with sodium to promote absorption and help replenish more of wha...

Pedialyte Ready-To-Feed, Retail 1 L Bottle, Strawberry

Pedialyte Ready-To-Feed, Retail 1 L Bottle, Strawberry

Pedialyte ready-to-feed, retail 1 liter bottle, strawberry flavored. Sold by each bottle. 100 calories per each liter bottle.

Pedialyte Powder Packs Variety, 8.5g packs, 8 count

Pedialyte Powder Packs Variety, 8.5g packs, 8 count

Unlike sports drinks, juice, or soda, Pedialyte Powder Packets contain just enough sugar in balance with sodium to promote absorption and help repleni...

Pedialyte Grape Flavor 33.8 Ounce

Pedialyte Grape Flavor 33.8 Ounce

Pedialyte is designed to quickly replace fluids and electrolytes lost during diarrhea and vomiting, preventing dehydration and speeding recovery. This...
Toys R Us

Pedialyte Ready-To-Feed, Retail 1 L Bottle, Bubble Gum

Pedialyte Ready-To-Feed, Retail 1 L Bottle, Bubble Gum

Pedialyte ready-to-feed, retail 1 liter bottle, bubble gum flavored. Sold by each bottle. 100 calories per each liter bottle.

Pedialyte Freezer Pops Oral Electrolyte Solution 48 Total Exp 6/2015

Pedialyte Freezer Pops Oral Electrolyte Solution 48 Total Exp 6/2015

Pedialyte Freezer Pops Oral Electrolyte Solution 48 Total EXP 6/2015 All items ship within 24 hours Please email us with any questions!

Pedialyte Unflavored 2 oz. Bottle, Institutional

Pedialyte Unflavored 2 oz. Bottle, Institutional

Pedialyte unflavored. 2 ounce bottles. Sold by the case of 48.