Pelican International Coleman Scanoe DLX Ram XX 16.3 S16M010 Reviews

Pelican International Coleman Scanoe DLX Ram XX 16.3 S16M010

Coleman Scanoe

Jun 24, 2003

Pros:functional and durable Fun, fast with motor Huge range with 2 gallon tank

Cons:no center seat kinda heavy You need two to get it on the car

The Bottom Line: Great product! This may be the perfect boat for you. You might need to have a boat registration with motor, but it's cheap.

I've had this Scanoe for about ten years. I use a 5hp Sears Gamefisher motor with it, and this works great! Fully loaded, you can either padle or motor along efficiently with good stability. If it's just you and the motor, it almost gets on plane! That's why they limit you to a 5hp, I guess.

I've used it on very small, shallow streams and rivers, medium rivers with small rapids, and large lakes with a lot of boat traffic. It performed well in all situations, and as long as you head into the waves, even a good size boat wake is no problem.

With a load limit of almost 800lbs, I've had 3 people, 2 dogs, camping gear, the motor, fishing tackle and a bunch of other stuff in it.

I do with it had a (removable) center seat, but other than that it is great. Also, in ten years, I have never tipped it over or fallen out of it. And if I had, the bow and stern have large Styrofoam blocks which prevent it from sinking.

Finally, the range you can get with the use of an outboard is fantastic. I can't even guess at how many miles you can easily cover, but even on long camping trips that were very off the beaten path, I've never used up all the gas.

Coleman Scanoe Canoe

Coleman Scanoe Canoe

The Coleman Scanoe has a built-in benefit of a motor-transom that is ideally suited for an electric trolling motor. Three comfortably molded seats aid...
Dick's Sporting Goods

Pelican Pursuit 80 DLX kayak - Blue/ White (8')

Pelican Pursuit 80 DLX kayak - Blue/ White (8')

Find boats, kayaks, canoes at Target.com! A fun, beginner-friendly boat with a nice collection of comfort features such as adjustable padded backrest ...