Pepsi Cola - 24/ 24 oz. bottles (Pepsi) Reviews

Pepsi Cola - 24/ 24 oz. bottles (Pepsi)

Pepsi Cola 24 oz Bottles

Oct 16, 2011

Pros:Good flavor, less expensive than many other drinks

Cons:Empty calories, high sugar content, no nutritional value

The Bottom Line: Pepsi is good in moderation, but you know what they say about too much of a good thing. Of all carbonated beverages, this is my top choice.

My name is Kelly, and I am a Pepsiholic. I have been addicted to Pepsi for more years than I care to mention. That is my choice though, and despite the empty calories and lack of health benefits, I choose to continue drinking my Pepsi. Although I used to drink Pepsi in much larger quantities, I still enjoy it in moderation nearly every day.

There may be little difference in the price between Pepsi and Coke, but there is a big difference in flavor. Pepsi is my number one choice where Coke is last on my list, preceded even by many of the generic brands.

Pepsi is a brown carbonated beverage containing lots of sugar and caffeine. It tastes great and is refreshing whether on a hot day, after a long day of work, a quick pick-me-up, or any other time of the day. It does contain caffeine though, so if this tends to keep you awake, you might not to drink too much late at night. Personally, it doesn't bother me, so I drink it any time of day or night.

You can drink Pepsi either with or without ice. It is best served ice cold, although it isn't bad at room temperature either. I prefer an ice cold Pepsi without ice. It is especially refreshing on a hot day. My sister prefers hers at room temperature. Only you can decide which is best for you.

The main ingredient in Pepsi is carbonated water, followed by high fructose corn syrup, caramel color, sugar, phosphoric acid, caffeine, citric acid, and natural flavors. A serving size of Pepsi is eight ounces which has 100 calories. It has 20 mg of sodium and 28 grams of carbs.

That being said, I will admit that there is absolutely no nutritional value to this drink. It is delicious though and no worse for me than many of the other full flavored carbonated beverages out there.

Diet products are also an option if you are worried about the high sugar content. I tried this route several years ago even though I didn't like the taste as well. This is when I discovered that I couldn't tolerate the NutraSweet in most of the diet products. I quickly switched back to regular Pepsi, and have been drinking it ever since.

Pepsi comes in a  plastic bottle with a red, white and blue label. Like other carbonated beverages, there is a 10 cent deposit on the bottles in Michigan. I believe it is recyclable in other areas as well.

Pepsi is readily available at convenience stores, supermarkets, bars, restaurants, vending machines and more. Even the hospital vending machine tempts me with a Pepsi during my visits there. Some sizes are more common than others so you may not always be able to find the size you want, but you can find one or another in most locations.

Although Pepsi comes in a variety of shapes and sizes of containers, I prefer my Pepsi from a bottle because it has a tinny taste when drinking it from a can. Fountain Pepsi is preferable to the cans, but often has less carbonation than the bottles. Two litters of Pepsi are usually much less expensive so these are fine for larger groups, but they lose carbonation and become flat before I finish an entire 2 liter bottle. The smaller bottles are a much better choice for me.

Depending on what is on sale, I generally buy either the 16.9, 20 or 24 ounce bottles of Pepsi. The 16.9 ounce bottles come in 8 packs, unlike Coke's 6 packs. Both the 20 and 24 ounce bottles come in 6 packs, but for the same price as the 8 pack, you save a few pennies by getting a few extra ounces for the same price so I buy these quite often.

I usually buy a case or two of Pepsi at a time when they go on sale because they can get rather expensive at full price. Even at full price though, they are less expensive than most of the more healthy drinks available. When money is tight I sometimes end up drinking more Pepsi than I should because of this.

Pepsi - the bold, refreshing, robust cola. Great for c-stores and vending.