Pert Shampoo Plus Conditioner

Pert Shampoo Plus What ??

Oct 3, 2001 (Updated Oct 4, 2001)

Pros:The 2 in 1 is a great idea.

Cons:It doesn't condition my hair.

The Bottom Line: I can't recommend Pert Shampoo Plus Conditioner. It doesn't do what it is supposed to do, in my opinion.

I am going to start right off the bat by reviewing Pert Shampoo Plus Conditioner like this: I don’t like it. Now if you would like to keep reading, please do since I have probably spent an hour writing it. I won’t tell you why I don't like it, though, until later.

About the product:

•It comes in a 15-ounce plastic bottle that you can’t see through, but the bottle is an ugly shade of green.

•It has a flip top cap, which is easy to use.

•This is for normal hair and although I do color it, other than this summer, it is in great condition. Even my hairdresser comments that my hair normally is really healthy. There is a point to this statement to which I am getting.

•It purports to “naturally nourish and restore hair to improve shine.”

•It is “designed for today’s active people to look great without a lot of fuss.” (Whatever that means!)

Who is it for?

•This is interesting. In spite of the fact we are told that there is a Pert Shampoo Plus for every kind of hair: Permed or Color Treated, Fine, Dry/Damaged, Oily, Dandruff Control, and Tear Free for kids, it specifically says that it “is gentle enough to use every day, even on permed and color treated hair.” So why make a special type for permed and color treated hair?

•In one easy step, Pert Shampoo Plus cleans normal hair and leaves it so soft, full of body and manageable you won’t need a separate conditioner (Note: on the bottle those 6 words are underlined.)

What is it like?

•You really only need a little bit of Pert Shampoo Plus and it does lather up nicely.

•It is on the thicker side but I wouldn’t call it a thick shampoo.

•It also rinses well. There is no residue in my hair and I feel no build up from it. Note: This product is in my closet along with many others. It has been awhile since I used it. (Except I used it again the other day just to confirm what I was going to write.)

•I don’t like the smell. I have really gotten used to the herbal or fruity smells that are fun and nice to put on my hair. This smells like what I would expect a dandruff shampoo to smell like only it isn’t the dandruff formula.

How to use it:

•We are told to wet hair (Has anyone actually ever put shampoo on dry hair?); rinse thoroughly and repeat if desired. Does that mean it doesn’t clean well on the first round?

About the company:

•If you have questions or comments you can call the 1-800 number on the bottle.

•Pert Plus is made by Proctor and Gamble and the bottle is made with 25% of it coming from post-consumer recycled plastic. In fact I can recycle this number 2 in my town.

• http://www.pertplus.com/ is the website. There is some interesting information about pH levels and also about SLS/SLES or ALS/ALES which stands for Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate (ALS) and Ammonium Laureth Sulfate (ALES)

When the question is posed at the site about these ingredients, they respond,
"Ah, you must have been zapped by the cyberspace rumor mill! We typically use Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate (ALS) and Ammonium Laureth Sulfate (ALES) as the cleaning and lathering agents in our shampoos but Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS) and Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES) are also common ingredients. We’re not aware of any harmful effects associated with the use of ALS/ALES or SLS/SLES in consumer products. These supposed safety concerns stem from some misquoted research and have no scientific basis."

Other ingredients:

Water, glycol distearate, ammonium xylenesulfonate, fragrance, cocamide mea, tricetylmonium chloride, xanthan gum, cetyl alchohol, stearyl alcohol, sodium chloride, methyl-chloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone, sodium citrate, citric acid, d&C green no. 8, d& C yellow no. 10 and fd&C blue no.1.

My thoughts:

•For $4.19 this might not be a bad buy. It cleanses my hair, lathers up nicely and rinses out well. The convenience of one bottle is nice. However, I don’t like it and won’t recommend it. For $2.00 I can buy 2 bottles of Suave which smell really nice.

•Most importantly I want to put this in from the website in case anyone thinks this product is not right for my color-treated hair making that the reason I don’t like it:

“Washing hair—even if it’s permed or color-treated—and changing minds is what we’re all about! Permed or color-treated hair tends to be more prone to dryness and damage. The gentle conditioners in Pert actually help protect fragile hair and make it more manageable. Because all versions of Pert are designed to work across different hair types, including chemically-treated hair, we no longer need a Permed/Color-Treated version in the Pert lineup. Just choose the right Pert formula based on your hair needs—you can feel confident that it works great on your chemically-treated hair."

This product does not condition my hair. Period. I won’t ever buy it again; I won’t recommend it. Granted my hair is thick. Perhaps if you have baby fine hair or a crew cut this would be fine. I can’t run a comb through my hair after using it. I need to use a conditioner on top of this product, which is supposed to not be necessary. That is the point of the 2 in 1 product.

If you have any questions feel free to leave a comment or e-mail me.

(6) Pert Plus 3 In 1 Shampoo+conditioner + Body Wash 13.5 Oz

(6) Pert Plus 3 In 1 Shampoo+conditioner + Body Wash 13.5 Oz

HEALTH AND BEAUTY AND MORE FOR LESS LOT OF 6 PERT PLUS 3 IN 1 SHAMPOO +CONDITIONER + B ODY WASH 13.5 OZ 6 BOTTLES EACH 13.5 OZ Product Features Pert P...

Pert Plus Fresh 2 In 1 Shampoo Plus Conditioner With Refreshing Menthol, 25.4 oz

This perfect combination of shampoo plus conditioner contains menthol for a refreshing experience. It rinses clean, so there's never any build-up, and...

Pert Plus Medium Conditioning Formula 2 in 1 1.7-ounce Shampoo & Conditioner

Pert Plus Medium Conditioning Formula 2 in 1 1.7-ounce Shampoo & Conditioner

This perfect combination of shampoo plus medium conditioner is just right for normal hair. It rinses clean, so there's never any build-up and it's gen...
Pert Plus 2 In 1 Shampoo And Conditioner For Normal Hair - 2 Bottles

Pert Plus 2 In 1 Shampoo And Conditioner For Normal Hair - 2 Bottles

Pert Plus 2 in 1 Shampoo and Conditioner Classic Clean for Normal Hair Two (2) 31.8 Ounce bottles Be sure to check out my other items for sale Thanks ...

Pert Plus 2-in-1 Shampoo + Conditioner, Classic Clean For Normal Hair, 40 Oz (p.

Pert Plus 2-in-1 Shampoo + Conditioner, Classic Clean for Normal Hair, 40 Oz (Pack of 2)Features Details Package Dimensions Height: 2.70 inches Length...

Pert Plus So Fine 2 In 1 Shampoo & Conditioner 3 Bottles Hair Care Fine Oily

Pert Plus So Fine 2 In 1 Shampoo & Conditioner 3 Bottles Hair Care Fine Oily

New from a smoke free home PERT PLUS SO FINE For fine or oily hair You will get 3 bottles Each bottle is 13.5 Fl Oz 2 in 1 Shampoo Plus Conditioner Cr...

Pert Plus Happy Medium 2 In 1 Shampoo & Conditioner 3 Bottles Hair Care Normal

Pert Plus Happy Medium 2 In 1 Shampoo & Conditioner 3 Bottles Hair Care Normal

New from a smoke free home PERT PLUS HAPPY MEDIUM For normal hair You will get 3 bottles Each bottle is 13.5 Fl Oz 2 in 1 Shampoo Plus Conditioner Cra...

Pert Plus Classic Clean Shampoo Plus Conditioner 1.7 Fl Oz Travel Size 2 Pk

Pert Plus Classic Clean Shampoo Plus Conditioner 1.7 Fl Oz Travel Size 2 Pk

PERT PLUS CLASSIC CLEAN SHAMPOO PLUS CONDITIONER 1.7 Fl Oz TRAVEL SIZE 2 pk

Pert Plus 2 In 1 Shampoo Plus Conditioner Medium Normal Hair 16.9 Oz X4

Pert Plus 2 In 1 Shampoo Plus Conditioner Medium Normal Hair 16.9 Oz X4

Pert Plus 2 in 1 Shampoo Plus Conditioner Medium Conditioning Formula for Normal Hair Lot of 4 ~ 16.9 oz. in each (You will receive FOUR 16.9 oz. bott...

Pert Plus For Men Light Conditioning Formula 2 In 1 Shampoo Plus Conditioner

Pert Plus For Men Light Conditioning Formula 2 In 1 Shampoo Plus Conditioner

International Shipping Available P E R T PLUS Light conditioning formula 2 in 1 Shampoo Plus Conditioner FOR FINE OR OILY HAIR 13.5 FL.OZ/400 ML each ...