Petsafe Petsafe Deluxe Little Dog Remote Trainer Reviews

Petsafe Petsafe Deluxe Little Dog Remote Trainer

3 consumer reviews
Average Product Rating: OK

Not safe for my dog.

Mar 21, 2009 (Updated Mar 22, 2009)

Pros:This is an excellent idea for training.

Cons:I did not know that the colar would harm my pet.

The Bottom Line: If you have a small dog I think it is best not to use these kind of devices on them.  Save your money and do it the old fashioned way.

A few months ago I purchased a couple of different training collars for my dogs.  I had to purchase two different types of collars because of the weight limitations of my dogs.  Innotek provides a collar for the larger dogs above 40 pounds and PetSafe provides the collars for dogs under 40 pounds.  Both of these collars will cost you between 70 and $100.  When we purchased the one from Innotek, things went very smoothly and the results were immediate.  But, when we put the collar made by PetSafe on our little miniature schnauzer, the only thing that happened was that she got really ticked off and went and hid underneath the dining room table.  It took a little while for her to come around from under the diningroom table and not be mad at us for sticking the collar on her.

Description
There are basically two separate pieces to this whole unit and that is the waterproof transmitter and the waterproof receiver that is attached to a nylon adjustable coll has a range of up to 100 yards.  The receiver has an on/off switch with a low battery indicator light.  On the transmitter there are 10 different levels of stimulation that you can apply and a button that you can hit for a tone option.  There is also a stimulation only button, so if your dog does not like the stimulation you can use the tone as a means to train your dog.  But, in our case she got mad at us no matter which one we did.

Experience
This is very easy to use and very easy to get started, the first thing that you need to do is to make sure that you calibrate the transmitter and receiver together.  Once you have installed the batteries and on this the colar should be good to go. We tried this collar for a few days and found out that it is not working as good as the collar for the larger dogs.  Not only did it get our dog mad at us but we did notice that it was a leaving a couple of little red marks on her neck.  So after a few days of using this we found out that it was not worth all of this trouble and getting our dog mad at us.  Plus, the fact that it looked as if we were hurting the dog even on the lowest setting it was leaving red marks on our dog's neck.  We took it off for a couple of days until the red marks were gone and tried putting it back on again and we followed the directions just like it says to make sure that you have a snug fit.  But, as soon as we put it back on her neck we got the same reaction and the same red marks reappeared.

Warranty
All of the parts of this system are covered under the conditions of the warranty.  Unless the collar and the transmitter are misused or lost or handled improperly you should I have to worry about the warranty you can even take this back to the place of purchase if it does not work properly for you.

Conclusion
I cannot highly recommend this training collar because of the possibility of damage to a little dogs neck.  When it comes to my dogs it really matters that I am not causing any kind of harm to my pets they are just like my kids.

PET SAFE TRAINING COLLAR BRAND NEW IN BOX!! SPECIAL OVERSTOCK PRICE!! For Pets Under 40 Pounds. 10 Levels Of Stimulation Correction Plus Tone-Only But...