Pfizer Efferdent Anti Bacterial Denture Cleanser Tablets 90 Each

Plop, Fizz, Clean Dentures! And other stuff!

Dec 2, 2007 (Updated Dec 6, 2007)

Pros:clean dentures and lots of other things

Cons:can’t think of any

The Bottom Line: Shiny clean dentures, toothbrush, and toilet bowl? Lots of uses for these little tablets

“Plop, Fizz, Clean Dentures! And other stuff!”

I started using denture cleansers back about twenty years ago, when I got my first partial plate. Now that I have full dentures, I use it almost every day. My dentist recommends brushing my dentures with toothpaste at least once a week, to make sure that nothing is stuck to them.

Once a day, I put my dentures into a cup and fill it with about a cup of warm water (not too hot) and add one Efferdent tablet. After about five minutes, I rinse my dentures with warm water and pop them into my mouth. This might happen in the morning, or I might wait until I’m ready to go out somewhere. I like to laze about the house without my teeth on. (And you were wondering why I’m single?)

What I like:

Efferdent denture cleanser tablets come in three varieties: original, plus mint and gold. They all work about the same, but I do enjoy the extra minty flavor of the plus mint kind. I like being able to leave my dentures in a cup to get clean, when I feel too lazy to brush them. I also like the fact that I can clean my toothbrush with it, which can reduce the growth of nasty germs on my toothbrush.

Efferdent tends to cost a little bit less than the other major brand of denture cleanser, Polident.

What I don’t like

Nope, can’t think of anything.

The Product

The tablets are wrapped in flat packs of six tablets, with perforations so you can tear off one at a time. The packet is wrapped in a sort of sandwich material with paper on the outside, metal foil under the paper and a layer of plastic on the inside. The product comes in boxes of 36, 78, and 108 tablets.

When you drop an Efferdent tablet into water, it fizzes up kind of like Alka Seltzer. Do not drink this stuff! It is not for human consumption.

From the web site:

· Kill 99.9% of germs that cause denture odor.
· Reduce plaque build-up and remove food particles that cause gum irritation.
· Dissolve tough stains in hard to reach places.
· Keeps dentures extra fresh and clean.

Directions

Use daily:

· Drop one tablet into enough very warm water (not hot) to cover denture or appliance.
· Place denture or appliance into effervescing solution, which will change, blue to green for EFFERDENT PLUS® Mint
· After 15 minutes remove and rinse denture or appliance thoroughly.
· For best results, brush dentures using the EFFERDENT PLUS® solution then rinse dentures again. Do not gargle or rinse mouth with solution.
o Dentures may be safely soaked in EFFERDENT PLUS® overnight.
o Clean with EFFERDENT PLUS® at least once a day.
o Can be used in any denture bath.

Warnings:

Keep out of reach of children. Do not put tablets or solution directly in mouth.

Mores Uses for Efferdent:

Unclog a sink.
Clean a vase.
Clean hubcaps.

Go figure.

According to "spudman" nagels, you can also use these tablets to clean your coffee pot.

Closing Thoughts

Efferent tablets clean your dentures for you, so you can go do something else. On the other hand, my dentist recommends that I brush my dentures with a toothbrush once in a while, just to make sure that they really are clean.

Thank you so much for reading my Epinion!

~~~

Please see my review of Polident:

Clean dentures, fresh breath!

~~~

Efferdent Anti-bacterial Denture Teeth Cleanser Effervescing Tablets & Partials

Efferdent Anti-bacterial Denture Teeth Cleanser Effervescing Tablets & Partials

Efferdent anti-bacterial Denture Teeth Cleanser Effervescing tablets Partials DESCRIPTION: Efferdent Anti-bacterial Denture Cleanser *****************...

Efferdent Anti-Bacterial Denture Cleanser 96 Tablets

Efferdent Anti-Bacterial Denture Cleanser 96 Tablets

CLEAN WITH EFFERDENT AT LEAST ONCE A DAY TO:Kill 99.9% of the bacteria that cause denture odor.Reduce plaque buildup and remove food particles that ca...
Vitacost.com

Efferdent Anti-bacterial Denture Cleanser 120 Tablets (pack Of 2)

Efferdent Anti-bacterial Denture Cleanser 120 Tablets (pack Of 2)

Brand New in Box Efferdent Efferdent Anti-bacterial Denture Cleanser 120 Tablets (Pack of 2) Description

Efferdent Anti-Bacterial Denture Cleanser Power Clean Crystals, Icy Mint 48 Each by Efferdent

New Anti-Bacterial Denture Cleanser* Removes the Toughest Stains* Kills 10X More Odor-Causing Bacteria*
Herbspro.com

Efferdent Anti-Bacterial Denture Cleanser Tablets, 90 count

Efferdent Anti-Bacterial Denture Cleanser Tablets, 90 count

Clean your dentures with Efferdent Anti-Bacterial Denture Cleanser at least once a day to: kill 99.9% of the bacteria that causes denture odor, reduce...

Efferdent Anti-bacterial Denture Cleanser, 240 Tablets

Efferdent Anti-bacterial Denture Cleanser, 240 Tablets

You are bidding on:J158832422 Efferdent Anti-Bacterial Denture Cleanser, 240 Tablets Be your effervescent self! Efferdent Anti-Bacterial Denture Clean...

Efferdent Anti-bacterial Denture Cleanser - {lot Of 2} 32 Tablets - New/sealed

Efferdent Anti-bacterial Denture Cleanser - {lot Of 2} 32 Tablets - New/sealed

Efferdent Anti-Bacterial Denture Cleanser Tablets LOT OF 16 ct packages- {36 tablets total}* Fights Odor * Removes Stains **NEW/SEALED PACKAGING**

Efferdent Anti Bacterial Denture Cleanser 240 Tablets

Efferdent Anti Bacterial Denture Cleanser 240 Tablets

Product Description Efferdent Anti Bacterial Denture Cleanser, Work on Dentures, Partials Retainers Kills 99.9% Odor Causing Bacteria 1 Box of 240 Tab...

32 Efferdent Anti-bacterial Denture Cleanser 16 Tablets Per Box-2 Boxes

32 Efferdent Anti-bacterial Denture Cleanser 16 Tablets Per Box-2 Boxes

32 Efferdent Anti-Bacterial Denture Cleanser 16 Tablets Per Box-2 Boxes NEW Click to Enlarge Click to Enlarge Please do not send a message thru Pay Pa...