Philips SPF3407/G7

I've been framed! Philips Brown Digital Photo Frame SPF3407/G7

Dec 10, 2009

Pros:nice looking frame, clear, crisp images

Cons:none really.

The Bottom Line: Easy to use and setup, and nice frame overall.

For several years now, I have wanted a digital photo frame for our living room. I'm not the type who likes 300 picture frames everywhere- I like maybe 4 tops. But, I wanted a way to display pics so I thought this would be a nice way to do it. I had given one as a gift several years ago and the person I gave it to liked it, so I figured it would be a good deal for me too. I shopped around on a few websites, and also a few stores, but I caught a bargain with the Philips 7 inch Brown Photo Frame, Model SPF3407/G7 at Wal Mart on sale for $57.

I really like the wood look to the frame, and this also comes in a black as well. The brown wood is a darker wood, plus it had a light beige mat that matched my living room wall. The actual photo viewing screen is 7 inches, but the whole thing is 11.25 x 2.25 x 9.125. There are no interchangeable mats or outer frames with this model. You need to have this located near an outlet so you can plug it up, and it has a nice long cord that goes into the side of the unit. To turn this on and off, there's just a switch on the side the plug is on. The other side there is a slot for a USB cord (not included) as well as a memory card slot.

This has a 128 MB internal built in memory, but you can also use a flash drive, memory stick or the following memory card formats : MMC, SD, MS Duo, or x-D. What I did was bought the frame its own memory card, I only paid $12 for a 2 GB SD card, and that will hold plenty of photos. If you're like me, you don't like to have anything but more recent photos on it anyway. The frame itself can hold 1,000 photos on its own, and comes with 12 pre loaded photos that are landmark photos. This also comes with a built in clock and calendar, which is pretty easy to set and you have several options as far as the format of the calendar and you can choose analog or a digital clock. This would be nice for a desk, but here at home I don't use the feature.

As far as setup, it comes with a quick start guide, and it's pretty easy to be up and running within minutes. The menu button and other function buttons are on the back of the frame, but they face upwards so you can see what you're doing when standing over the frame, and also the button's function name comes up on the screen of the frame while you're working on it, so you don't necessarily have to hover over the frame while adjusting.

You can choose to have the frame stay on one picture, have random images, run through all of the photos once, ore repeat all the photos. You also have control of how fast or slow they move, the transition between each photo (there are so many to choose from) also you can fix the color and contrast of your display. The color is very crisp on this model, and it even centers each photo itself so you don't have chopped off areas of your photo. It also automatically rotates pictures to fit the frame as well. I have mine setup to use all the different slideshow transitions and to randomly go through my pictures. It is really fun to watch the pictures go by, and when you're not using it you can just turn it off and it won't mess up any settings.

Overall, I have no complaints about this frame, it has been an excellent bargain, and it is so simple to setup. This would be a nice gift for anyone- even for those who don't have a computer like a grandparent you could just load pics from your own computer onto a memory card and change them whenever. This is a very nice looking frame as well, that matches my home décor. I would recommend this.

AC Adapter Power for Philips SPF3407D 67 SPF3407D G7 Digital Picture Photo Frame

AC Adapter for Philips 7D Brn SPF3407D G7 SPF3407D 67 Photo Frame Power Supply
Ac/dc Power Adapter Charger For Philips Spf3407/g7 Spf3407d/g7 Digit Photo Frame

For USA customers, we ship via USPS 1 st class mail with Tracking Number. Brand New AC Home Wall Power Adapter for Philips Digital Photo Frames/Docks ...

Needle Philips Ag3404 Ag3407 Ag3408 Ag3409 592-d7

Needle Philips Ag3404 Ag3407 Ag3408 Ag3409 592-d7

NOS AFTERMARKET DIAMOND REPLACEMENT NEEDLE FOR PHILIPS (NORELCO). REPLACES THE FOLLOWING NEEDLES: PHILIPS GP-404, PHILIPS GP-407, PHILIPS GP-408, PHIL...

Philips Spf3470t/g7 Phillips Spf3470 7- In Digital Picture Frame

Philips Spf3470t/g7 Phillips Spf3470 7- In Digital Picture Frame

TRANSLATE Arabic Chinese French German Greek Indonesian Italian Hindi Japanese Korean Swedish Portuguese Russian Spanish Philips SPF3470T/G7 Phillips ...