Philips Norelco 7310XL Cordless Rechargeable  Men's Electric Shaver Reviews

Philips Norelco 7310XL Cordless Rechargeable Men's Electric Shaver

Good shave, won't break the bank

Aug 14, 2011

• Battery Life:
  • Effectiveness:

Pros:Good shaves
Reasonable price
Workable trimmer
Easy clean
Cord/cordless operation

Cons:Long recharge time
No accessories

The Bottom Line: It's a really good bargain at around 40 bucks. Like the title says, good shave, won't break the bank.

If you want an inexpensive shaver that doesn't do much except give you a really good shave, the Philips Norelco 7310XL is your baby.

I've been using electric shavers for 45 years now, and I've been through quite a few of them. My last was a Norelco 5821XL that I'd used for 5 or more years. Past time to replace the heads, I found that replacing them would cost about the same as a complete new shaver. I found the 7310XL for $35 at Target.

As said earlier, it doesn't do much besides give you a good shave; but I must say that it's giving me the best shaves I've ever had from an electric. One pass in most areas, two in the problem areas. The flexible suspension lets the heads follow concave face and neck areas.

The pop-up trimmer works for light sideburn trimming but don't expect much more.

Clean-up is thorough and easy – just flip up the heads and run them under hot water for a few seconds.

Charging time is on the long side, about 8 hours. If you forget to recharge, just plug in the cord and run from AC power.

No bells and whistles. No hygiene system, no head heaters, no charging stand, no travel pouch, etc. The one included accessory is a cleaning brush.

Noise Level: More quiet than most

Remington R-9370 Titanium Microflex Ultra Cord/Cordless Men's Rotary Shaver Refurbished