Philips Norelco 8240XL Cordless Rechargeable  Men's Electric Shaver Reviews

Fast and Easy

Sep 29, 2011

• Battery Life:
  • Effectiveness:

Pros:Quiet, Sleek, Easy to Use

Cons:Dies without warning, expensive

The Bottom Line: I would Recommend this shaver to anyone because of its ease of use and effective shave.

I have been using the Philips 8240XL for about 6 months now and I am very pleased with it. It has saved me multiple times right before dates or other formal events. It provides a nice close shave that doesn’t cut your skin.
Durability
This shaver is very durable and well built. I have dropped it a few times and it still works great.
Design
The design of the Philips 8240XL is very sleek, but is quite simple. It is silver in color with two black ribbed finger grips. It fits perfectly in your hand and doesn’t slip out. It weighs about one pound and is almost six inches long.
The Blades
This shaver comes with 3 rotary heads that always provides a close cut even on the jaw line. There is a retractable trimmer that works great for the neck and sideburns.
Cost
I would say the price is one of the biggest cons of this razor. It cost me about $89 dollars at Costco compared to the other razors that were for sale that were 50$-80$.
Upkeep
This shaver is quite easy to clean because of the removable head and the brush that comes with it. I usually just run the head under the sink and rub the hair off with the brush.

Recommended: Yes!
Noise Level: Pretty Quiet, compared to others

Noise Level: More quiet than most

Philips Norelco Speed-XL 8240 Men's Shaving System Brand new, but the box is slightly damaged (near the top, see pics)Free Shipping! (US only) Thank y...