Philosophy Lemon Custard Body Souffle Reviews

Philosophy Lemon Custard Body Souffle

Lemon Meringue Pie For Your Body!: Philosophy Lemon Custard Body Souffle

Aug 20, 2005

Pros:Moisturizes well; moisture and scent last; smells delicious

Cons:A bit pricey

The Bottom Line: Treat yourself to this great quality, creamy lemon body moisturizer today!

I've been watching QVC for 18 years now, not just for the shopping but also because it's entertaining. And when you mix in my favorite thing, beauty products, look out - I will watch the beauty hours on QVC pretty much without even blinking! Recently one of my favorite beauty brands, Philosophy, was on for a few hours and I found a few things I had to have! One of the things I just had to try was this Lemon Custard Body Souffle.

Product Details:

Philosophy Lemon Custard Body Souffle is a body cream product that comes in a 7.5 oz. tub. The tub is just over 3.5" in width, just over 2" high and is made from clear plastic with a black plastic screw-on lid.

This product currently comes in just the 7.5 oz. size.

The souffle itself is a thick, glossy cream and is the same consistency as Philosophy's other souffles. The color of the souffle is a soft, lemon yellow.

From QVC.com: Love lemon custard? Enjoy this skin-friendly version from philosophy. Light and fluffy, the antioxidant-enriched body souffle helps firm, tone, and moisturize as it leaves behind a sweet scent.

Philosophy also claims on the packaging that this product is designed to help firm, tone and moisturize and is an antioxidant-enriched formula for smoother, younger-looking skin.

Ingredients (taken from packaging):

Water, shea butter, pentylene glycol, fragrance, dipalmitoyl hydroxyproline, caprylic/capric triglyceride, hydroxyethyl acrylate/sodium acryloyldimethyl taurate copolymer, squalane, propylene glycol, polysorbate 60, hydroxyethylcellulose, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethiconol, tocopheryl acetate, potassium ascorbyl tocopheryl phosphate, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, tetrasodium EDTA, yellow 5.

My Experience:

I'm a sucker for body cream and souffle products, so there was a good chance right off the bat that I was going to like Philosophy Lemon Custard Body Souffle. The thicker and richer a body cream is, the more I'm going to like it. And, as I stated earlier, the Philosophy Lemon Custard Body Souffle is a thick, glossy cream that has a luxurious feel.

I like to apply my body souffles lavishly, to make sure I get enough moisture on my skin, especially in the winter. I usually scoop out enough for each arm and apply it lavishly, getting more out of the tub if I need more, then move to the next arm, and so on and so forth. With Philosophy Lemon Custard Body Souffle, I don't need a lot. A little goes a long way, but I still like to slather on quite a bit. It absorbs very nicely and doesn't leave a greasy residue on my skin.

The scent of this souffle is heavenly. It's a creamy lemon scent and smells just like lemon meringue pie. It's delicious! This scent lasts for a few hours on my skin.

At the end of the day, my skin is still moisturized but at times, when the weather is more dry, my skin will need a bit of a boost and I will sometimes put a bit more on. Overall, though, this souffle has great moisturizing properties. I think it will be a good body cream for winter, but when my skin gets really dry, I will probably switch to a body butter type of product.

Overall, Philosophy Lemon Custard Body Souffle is a great quality body moisturizer for both normal and dry skin types. If you like creamy lemon scents, I recommend it despite the somewhat high price tag of $25.

When I ordered this product from QVC, it came with a card that said that Philosophy will soon offer these souffles in the following scents: Crumb Berry Pie, Chocolate Dipped Strawberries, Melting Milk Chocolate, Lavender Poundcake, Sugar Cookie and Toasted Coconut Marshmallow.

Price and Purchasing Information:

So far, I have seen this product for sale only at QVC.com or by calling QVC at 1-800-345-1515. I have not yet seen it at Philosophy.com. The price is $25.00.

Philosophy Raspberry Glazed Almond Glazed Lemon Custard Body Souffle 8 Oz Pick 1

Philosophy Glazed Body Souffle you pick 8 oz Philosophy NEW RELEASE!!!Scented Body Souffle 8 oz jars You select your favori tes f rom drop-down menu a...

Lot 2 Philosophy Muffin Man Lemon Custard Body Souffle Lotion Rare

Lot 2 Philosophy Muffin Man Lemon Custard Body Souffle Lotion Rare

2 rare in box body souffles. 3.5 oz each. These have a shimmery look to them.

philosophy lemon custard duo

philosophy lemon custard duo

What is it: philosophy's lemon custard duo includes a shampoo, shower gel, and bubble bath and a body souffle.
QVC

Philosophy Body Souffle Set Lemon Coconut Chocolate Travel Bag Black Patent

Philosophy Body Souffle Set Lemon Coconut Chocolate Travel Bag Black Patent

PHILOSOPHY BODY SOUFFL SET with TRAVEL CASE Luscious light fluffy antioxidant-enriched moisturizing cream in yummy scents!Assortment of 4 generously...

Philosophy Lemon Custard Bath And Body Wash 16 Oz Sealed And Unopened

Philosophy Lemon Custard Bath And Body Wash 16 Oz Sealed And Unopened

This is a 16 ounce bottle of Philosophy lemon custard bath and body gel. It is a shampoo, shower gel and bubble bath. It is sealed and NEW and smells ...

Philosophy Handmade Lemon Custard Hand Cream Lotion 1oz/30ml

Philosophy Handmade Lemon Custard Hand Cream Lotion 1oz/30ml

Philosophy lemon custard hand cream in 1oz/30 ml brand new and sealed Indulge, moisturize, and soften hands with this ultra-rich, emollient, lemon cus...

Philosophy Lemon Custard Shampoo Shower Gel & Bubble Bath 6oz

Philosophy Lemon Custard Shampoo Shower Gel & Bubble Bath 6oz

NO RETURNS!!New Sealed Philosophy Lemon Custard 3in1 Shampoo shower gel and bubble bath 6oz

Philosophy Lemon Custard Shampoo, Shower Gel & Bubble Bath 16oz

Philosophy Lemon Custard Shampoo, Shower Gel & Bubble Bath 16oz

No returns!New and sealed Philosophy Lemon custard Shampoo Shower gel And bubble bath 16oz