Picture Word-Finds Magazine

Picture Word Finds from Kappa Puzzles

Jul 21, 2009

Pros:great puzzles, hidden pictures to make your lists, great bordom buster, inexpensive, 2 answer keys

Cons:availablity is a hit or miss, only 6 books a year

The Bottom Line: Picture Word Finds Books are my favorite Word Search Puzzle books. They are a lot of fun.

Got some time to spare? When I have some extra time to myself I will often grab a word search puzzle book and kick back. There is something so relaxing about doing these puzzles, and in these times everyone needs a little time to chill out. My most favorite word search puzzle books are the "Picture Word Finds" from Kappa Puzzles. If you enjoy doing word searches but find yourself getting a little bored with the ordinary puzzle, these are the books for you.

Picture Word Find Books from Kappa Puzzles

Picture Word Find Books are so much fun. If you like word find books, then you're in for a great treat. Each Picture Word Find book features about 45 puzzles. With each puzzle there is a picture but no word list. The pictures are actually where you come up with your word search list. Each picture is like a hidden object picture from children's Highlights magazine. For example you might find a cat, a radio, a baseball bat hidden in the leaves of a tree in your picture. Every picture has a different theme such as baseball, or a garden, the beach etc, but don't let that fool you into thinking that ALL of your search words will go along with the theme. Along with the puzzle and picture there is a small caption about the picture that gives you the number of words you are looking for as well as a few words to start you out. Below each puzzle is a space to write your word list as you go along. I always circle the item in the picture as well as writing the word at the bottom so not to confuse myself later.

At the back of the book there are actually two answer keys. The first answer key shows you the completed puzzle so you can compare your puzzle for the missing word you just can't find. The second answer key lists the words that you should have found in the puzzle in alphabetical order. I usually check these off as I finish each puzzle to make sure I've got them all. These are also great to refer to if you get stuck.

Picture Word Finds Puzzle books from Kappa Puzzles are available both by subscription and through select retailers. According to my latest copy of this book Kappa Puzzles offers a One Year Subscription which is 6 issues for $12.30. A two year subscription is $24. Prices are slightly higher for subscriptions of Canada residents. Unfortunately, it seems that there are only a few stores that sell these books in my local area. Krogers seems to be the best bet.  These books are shelved with other puzzle books and magazines or at the checkout aisles in the front of the store. When purchasing at the store the books are $2.50 in the USA and $2.95 in Canada. However you choose to purchase the Picture Word Find Books, they are worth the money and provide hours of relaxing entertainment.

I would definitely recommend Picture Word Find books. While I enjoy doing all types of Word Searches these really break the monotony of the regular word search puzzle. If not available in your area, try a subscription. Though the books are sometimes hard to find, they are definitely worth the effort and I enjoy each puzzle I do.

For more information about this Puzzle Book

visit

www.kappapuzzles.com

For information about subscriptions for Picture Word Finds Puzzle Books

please call

(815)734-1212

Superb Word Find Bonus Magazine - 1 year(s)

12 issues - Superb Word Find Bonus features 152 Word-Finds. Superb Word Find Bonus includes many favorites such as Word Twists, Angle-Finds, Word-Squa...

SpeedyMags.com

Variety Word-Find Collection Magazine - 2 year(s)

Variety Word-Find Collection Magazine - 2 year(s)

24 issues - Features a variety of word find puzzles.

Variety Word-Find Collection Magazine - 1 year(s)

12 issues - Features a variety of word find puzzles.

Variety Word-Find Collection Magazine - 1 year(s)

12 issues - Features a variety of word find puzzles.
SpeedyMags.com

Blue Ribbon Word Find Magazine - 2 year(s)

Blue Ribbon Word Find Magazine - 2 year(s)

24 issues - Classic brain teasers that will test your vocabulary.
SpeedyMags.com

Blue Ribbon Word Find Magazine - 1 year(s)

Blue Ribbon Word Find Magazine - 1 year(s)

12 issues - Classic brain teasers that will test your vocabulary.

Women's Health Magazine

Women's Health Magazine

Term: 10 issues - One Year SubscriptionYour Savings: 72% off the cover priceWomen's Health is for the woman who sees being healthy-physically and emot...

Official Variety Puzzle & Word Games Magazine - 1 year(s)

Official Variety Puzzle & Word Games Magazine - 1 year(s)

6 issues - Features picture maze, form-a-word, number places, hi-score, cryptoquizzes, anacrostics, tanglewords and much more.