Pillsbury Refrigerated Pie Crusts Reviews

Pillsbury Refrigerated Pie Crusts

ratings (1 Epinions review)

Pie Anyone? - Pillsbury Refrigerated Pie Crusts

Jan 9, 2012

Pros:easy to use, easy to store, less mess, quick to make, taste

Cons:not homemade

The Bottom Line: My family and I like the Pillsbury Refrigerated Pie Crusts and would recommend them to others. They are easy to make and I like the taste.

I do not bake a lot and I have never made a pie crust. I can count on one hand how many pies I have made in my life. I do however love chicken pot pie. Since I have never made a pie crust when I am ready to make my pot pies I go to the store and buy Pillsbury Refrigerated Pie Crusts.

Pillsbury Refrigerated Pie Crusts are in the refrigerated section with the canned biscuits and such. They come in a long red box with two pie crusts in each box. I like a top and bottom crust on my chicken pot pies so this is perfect. If for some reason you only want to use one pie crust, the pie crusts do freeze nicely. Each crust makes a nine inch pie. Each pie crust is rolled up and all you need to do is sit it out for about fifteen minutes to come to room temperature before you want to use it. Once your pie crust is at room temperature you unroll it and place it in your ungreased pie pan pressing the crust against the sides and bottom. You do need to be careful when unrolling as you can rip the dough. If you do you can reroll the dough.

When I make my chicken pot pies I just use the raw dough on the bottom, add the ingredients in the middle and top with the other raw pie crust, fluting the edges. The two times that I have used Pillsbury Refrigerated Pie Crusts for actual pudding pies, I had to bake the crust first. For this I just put the one pie crust in the pan and bake for about ten minutes at 450. Once the pie crust is cooked and cooled you can place the ingredients in the crust. When making chicken pot pie I just cook per the instructions on the recipe. You do not have to cook the crust first.

I usually only buy Pillsbury Refrigerated Pie Crusts when I need them but if you do need to freeze them, they do freeze nicely up to two months. I usually thaw them in the refrigerator overnight if they are frozen and then bring to room temperature when I am ready to use them.

There are 16 servings in a box of Pillsbury Refrigerated Pie Crusts. There are 100 calories in a serving, 50 of those coming from fat.  There are 6 g of total fat, 2.5 g saturated fat, .5 g monounsaturated fat, 2.5 g of trans fat, 0 g of cholesterol, 130 mg of sodium, 12 g total carbohydrate, 0 g of sugars and less than 1 g of protein.

The ingredients in Pillsbury Refrigerated Pie Crusts are enriched flour bleached (wheat flour, niacin, ferrous sulfate, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), partially hydrogenated lard with bha and bht added to protect flavor, wheat starch, water, contains 2% or less of: salt, rice flour, xanthan gum, potassium sorbate and sodium propionate (preservatives), citric add, yellow 5 and red 40. The nutritional information and ingredients came right from the box. These items are subject to change, so please read from the box before purchasing.

I am not a pie eater. I like pie filling but I don’t care for pie crust. When I make pies, I make them without the crusts.  I do like the Pillsbury Pie Crusts because they are light and flakey when cooked. I can eat them when I make chicken pot pie but am still not a real fan when they are used in pies. I just think pie crusts take away from the flavor of the pie.  If you think the Pillsbury Crusts are too thick you could always roll them thinner if you like but we think they are the perfect thickness.

The Pie Crusts can be found in the refrigerated section of most grocery stores. They normally run $2.99 at my store. They occasionally go on sale for $2.50 a box. There are often coupons in the paper for these crusts so if you match and sale with coupons you can get them for about a dollar a box. I bought a few on sale once and froze them but found that I didn’t use them before the two months so I ended up throwing them out. Now I just buy them when I need them.

My family and I like the Pillsbury Refrigerated Pie Crusts and would recommend them to others. They are easier to make them homemade pie crusts and I think they taste better.

Pie Crust Maker S/2

Pie Crust Maker S/2

Perfect Pie Crusts Every Time! Just slip pie dough into easy zippered see-thru pockets, roll dough to the edges and get professional quality, perfe...
Dream Products

Pie Crust Shield 4 Piece Adjustable Baking Ring - Kitchen Tools Gadget

Pie Crust Shield 4 Piece Adjustable Baking Ring - Kitchen Tools Gadget

DESCRIPTION Pie Crust Shields - Kitchen Tools Gadgets Throw those strips of aluminum foil out and use these handy pie crust shields! These shields are...

Pie Crust Shield

Pie Crust Shield

For homemade or frozen pies, even quiche! Fits 9 to 10 diameter pies. Heat-resistant to 450 degrees; microwave and dishwasher-safe.
Pie Crust Shield, Silicone, Allows Pie To Rise In Middle To Prevent Spillage

Pie Crust Shield, Silicone, Allows Pie To Rise In Middle To Prevent Spillage

Pie Crust Shield, Silicone Allows pie to rise in middle to prevent spillage Protects pie crust from burning Made of food grade silicone; won't stain o...

MacBeth-Evans - MacBeth-Evans Cremax-Pie-Crust-Princess Night Light HC - Cremax,Pie-Crust Border,Princess Design
Replacements, Ltd.

Silicone Pie Crust Shield Fits 9-10 Pies No More Burnt Crust Dishwasher Safe

Silicone Pie Crust Shield Fits 9-10 Pies No More Burnt Crust Dishwasher Safe

whse77c Store NEW - ADJUSTABLE FLEXIBLE SILICONE PIE CRUST SHIELD, FITS 9 to 10 PIES, PERFECT PIE CRUST EVERY TIME, NO MORE BURNT CRUST, EASY TO USE,...

Silicone Pie Crust Shield

Silicone Pie Crust Shield

Simple shield prevents the outer edge of your pie crusts from burning, while allowing the center of the pie to bake fully. Material: SiliconeCare: Dis...
Sur La Table

Pie Crust Shield 9.5 in. - 10 in.

Pie Crust Shield 9.5 in. - 10 in.

Mrs. Anderson's Baking Pie Crust Shield 9 1/2 - 10 Mrs. Anderson's Baking's Pie Crust Shield is a super pie crust saver for homemade and frozen pies. ...

MacBeth-Evans - MacBeth-Evans Cremax-Pie-Crust-Flora Dinner Plate - Cremax,Pie Crust,Floral On One Side
Replacements, Ltd.