Pillsbury Soft White Dinner Rolls 12oz

Pillsbury® Soft White Dinner Rolls

Apr 10, 2008

Pros:cooking time less than 10 minutes, nice fresh rolls can be enjoyed for every meal

Cons:none noted

The Bottom Line: Putting the rolls into the oven with the meatloaf, or other food already cooking ensures that everything is ready at the same time

As a rule I find Pillsbury® Dinner Rolls in the frozen food aisle at our local Wal Mart. Cost varies and is rising as transportation costs increase. The package is easy to locate; Pillsbury® Soft White Dinner Rolls are packaged 10 in a bright blue plastic bag emblazoned with the Pillsbury® dough boy along with two of the rolls on the front of the bag. They are available at other brick and mortar sites in our town as well as in Tulsa and most of the larger stores in our area.

With no need to thaw the rolls or let them rise before baking and cooking time less than 10 minutes, nice fresh rolls can be enjoyed for every meal. Open the package, remove the number needed and put into a preheated oven. Return the balance to the freezer for another meal. I usually leave my left over frozen rolls in the original packaging and put the bag into a zip lock bag.

Rolls are baked on an ungreased cookie sheet. As a concession to busy evening cooking; varying cooking times and temperatures are given so that rolls can be placed in the oven along with other dishes also being prepared for the meal.

Today when so many people often have little time to prepare dinner, or to sit down with whole family at the same time; something special like hot rolls fills the house with a wonderful beckoning aroma. And, that scent lends a promise of something to heat up in the microwave for those who are not expected home until later in the evening.

=====================

A recipe for long hot summer evenings when food may be about the last thing you want to contemplate. These rolls and a good cold salad need little more than a nice bowl of icy applesauce to serve as a light supper.

Garlic, Cheese and Green Olive Rolls

Heat oven to 375°F.
BAKE 10 Pillsbury frozen soft white dinner rolls

As the rolls are baking prepare filling:

Ingredients:
6.5 oz garlic and herb cheese spread
1 T sundried tomatoes
Small jar green olives with pimento
Shredded cheese, cheddar, or salad mix
1/3 to ˝ Ragu C cheese sauce

medium bowl, mix cheeses, sundried tomatoes and olives
When baked; break open, add dollop of cheese mixture, wrap in foil squares, return to warm oven to let the cheeses warm and melt as you finish setting the table.
Serve with marinara sauce if you like it, I don’t care for it, Husband likes.

==========================

In the days when my sons were home and they and their friends were often found sitting down to supper with us; large pots of food and a big batch of freshly made bread was something I enjoyed preparing. Now that it is just husband and I, I have returned to teaching and, darn, we are no longer 18; big pots of anything is not something we contemplate with joy. Nor are vast batches of fresh made bread. No matter how lovely the aroma or delicious the taste; part of the batch is going to go moldy and end up on the front porch for the raccoons.

I really like Pillsbury® Soft White Dinner Rolls in their bright blue bag. I can remove as few or as many rolls as I need and put the rest back into the freezer. Within a short time the kitchen is scented with the fragrance of baking bread. Putting the rolls into the oven with the meatloaf, or other food already cooking ensures that everything is ready at the same time and there is no waiting for the bread to get baked and ready while the main dish cools on the counter.

==========================

Major Ingredients
enriched flour, water, high fructose corn syrup, soybean oil

Allergens, gluten, soy, milk, corn

Nutrition Facts
Total Carbohydrate 17 g
Sugars 3 g
Protein 3 g

=================================

Pillsbury® Soft White Dinner Rolls are a delicious addition to serve with a quick meal or with a Sunday sit down dinner after church.

It is astounding to me to learn that yeast-risen wheat breads have been around for centuries. The Egyptians are believed to have been the first to grind wheat flour and to have begun the bread baking process some 4000 years ago.

Fresh, tasty dinner rolls at sparkle to any meal, and Pillsbury® Oven Baked rolls assure a ready supply of just made bread. Baking the number needing, returning the balance to the freezer and freezer to oven to table in minutes are a wonderful help to busy working families. Happy to recommend.

General Mills began milling flour in 1869. Today, the easy preparation of Pillsbury products has made General Mills the market leader in the refrigerated dough category. It was in 2001 when General Mills acquired The Pillsbury Company to structure one of the world's larger food companies.

General Mills Sales Inc
General Offices
Minneapolis, MN

Website www.pillsbury.com
Address P.O. Box 9452
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55440
United States

Corning Pillsbury Doughboy Dinner Plate, Fine China Dinnerware - Pillsbury Doughboy Marching Band On Edge

Corning - Corning Pillsbury Doughboy Dinner Plate - Pillsbury Doughboy Marching Band On Edge
Replacements, Ltd.

Rare Pillsbury Dish Set With Matching Silverware Sets Lk

Rare Pillsbury Dish Set With Matching Silverware Sets Lk

Click here to get eBay selling tools at Auctiva.com RARE AND ONLY NEW SET ON EBAY THAT HAS THE MATCHING RARE PILLSBURY NEW SILVERWARE SETS:1.Pillsbury...

2 Pillsbury Bowl Scraper Tool Kitchen Utensil

2 Pillsbury Bowl Scraper Tool Kitchen Utensil

Brand New Pillsbury BOWL SCRAPER - 2Pack Top rack dishwasher safe Not for use in microwave Please wash before using Pillsbury and design are the trade...

Pillsbury Bread Machine Pan Seal Gasket Part 1500 Maker Replacement Breadmaker

Pillsbury Bread Machine Pan Seal Gasket Part 1500 Maker Replacement Breadmaker

Pillsbury Bread Machine Pan SEAL Gasket Part For model 1500 I will include instructions on how to replace it. It is fairly simple.Payment Terms Paypal...

Pillsbury Bread Machine Pan Seal Gasket Part 1010 Maker Replacement Breadmaker

Pillsbury Bread Machine Pan Seal Gasket Part 1010 Maker Replacement Breadmaker

Pillsbury Bread Machine Pan SEAL Gasket Part For model 1010 I will include instructions on how to replace it. It is fairly simple.Payment Terms Paypal...

Danbury Mint Pillsbury Doughboy Calendar No Box, Collectible - Perpetual Calendar,Months, Pillsbury

Danbury Mint - Danbury Mint Pillsbury Doughboy Calendar No Box - Perpetual Calendar,Months, Pillsbury
Replacements, Ltd.

Market Pantry Frozen Soft White Dinner Roll 12 oz

Market Pantry Frozen Soft White Dinner Roll 12 oz

Find bread and rolls at Target.com! Market pantry frozen soft white dinner roll 12 oz

Retro Pillsbury Funny Face Accent Pillow Doll Set

Retro Pillsbury Funny Face Accent Pillow Doll Set

From 1960-70s Pillsbury's marketing campaign.Pillsbury's marketing geniuses came up with these flavorful characters to accompany their brand of powder...
Set Of 2 Pillsbury Kitchen 2.5 Mesh Strainer Colander Blue White

Set Of 2 Pillsbury Kitchen 2.5 Mesh Strainer Colander Blue White

BRAND NEW Set of 2 Pillsbury Strainer White / Blue Key Features: TWO 2.5 strainers Color 1 Blue and 1 White. Brand New VISIT OUR EBAY STORE FOR MORE I...