Pioneer DEH-3400 CD Player In Dash Receiver Reviews

Pioneer DEH-3400 CD Player In Dash Receiver

4 consumer reviews
Average Product Rating: Excellent

Good headunit for the money.

Aug 1, 2003

• Sound Quality:

Pros:Great CD playback (so skipping, plays scratched CDs). Many equalizer features.

Cons:Only one set of RCA preouts.

The Bottom Line: A good entry level headunit, has alot of features, but lack of more then one set of rca preouts makes system upgrading more challenging.

I bought this headunit about nine months ago for $90. It has treated me very well ever since. I had one problem though: twice when I was just listening to music it shut off, I am not sure if this is a problem with the wiring or the headunit, but it has only done it once so it doesn't really worry me. I think to fix the problem I will just re-insulate all of the connections. The headunit gives alot of clear power to the speakers, but the one drawback of this value priced reciever is that it only has one set of rca preouts. This is a good headunit for a entry level system, or just a factory upgrade, but it you are serious about car audio I would recommend getting a headunit with more preouts. The buttons on the unit are easy to use both night and day except for the button to flip down the face is not illuminated. The rotary volume knob is also very convenient.

purchased, never installed or used.