Pioneer DEH-P770MP CD Player/MP3 In Dash Receiver Reviews

Pioneer DEH-P770MP CD Player/MP3 In Dash Receiver

Great Radio for XM Rdy!

Jul 30, 2006

• Sound Quality:

Pros:Sound Quality, Functionality, MP3 player

Cons:Brightness gets a bit to bright sometimes

The Bottom Line: Great quality, MP3 player, XM Rdy (For XM Radio), Great tuner, did I say great quality?

I purchased this radio about 6 months ago. Some of the first things I noticed:

1. Very bright display, it was hard to get used to at night. The bright blue is very easy to see during the day, and of course easier at night. The only problem is it is to bright!

I did find that you can turn the radio off, hold the little knob (the 7 way directoin control + volume) in for 3 seconds, and you will get a menu. In this menu, you can make the radio dim a bit when you turn your head lights on. If nothing else, you can also turn the overall brightness down, in which helped a lot!

2. The sound controls are fairly hard to get great audio, although with a little time, and a lot of patience, I did figure it all out.

3. The preset radio settings are actually nice for once. Usually, I do not like the "Super Bass" "Powerful" or all of them predefined settings, but this one is actually nice.

I did purchase the XM things to make this radio receive XM Radio. I love XM Radio, although I think the display for the songs are not to great. I like a smaller display so i can see the song title and artist on the same screen. Kind of like the Delphi tuner did (The one with the orange display). You can make it scroll, but it only does the song name or the artist. Either way, it's an easy fix, just bry pressing "display again".

The MP3 playing capibilities makes it very very nice as well!! You can put your mp3's in folders, and make play lists so you can have just your rap songs play, or rock songs, or country songs. I can fit about 7 or 8 full cd's on 1 mp3 disc, so playing this back without having to switch cd's is very nice.

Overall, Sound quality, functionality is very nice...Display is a bit to big though.

SquareTrade AP6.0 saitronix Store PIONEER 0307 WIRE HARNESS DEH-P670MP DEH-P6700MP DEHP7700MP DEHP770MP Click to see supersized image Click to see sup...

NEW.Original OEM Plastic Knob. Non retail packaging.The knob includes the foam cushion and includes the small metal ring.Listing is for ONE piece This...