Pioneer DEH-P770MP CD Player/MP3 In Dash Receiver Reviews

Pioneer DEH-P770MP CD Player/MP3 In Dash Receiver

Decent head unit

Mar 27, 2007

• Sound Quality:

Pros:Upper end receiver at a lower end receiver price.

Cons:Hard to set up initial settings, bright display at night.

The Bottom Line: For the price, this is a great head unit. Puts out plenty of power, has great HP/LP filters, and has nice fancy display.

I've had this head unit for about 2 years now.
At first I had to get used to Pioneer's "differnt" tuning features. Setting up the high pass, low pass filter settings are a little tricky at first. There are no simple general "bass" and "trebble" settings that I am used to from my older head units. Instead you mess with equalizers, filters, and adjust the amount of power sent to the individual speakers (woofers, etc). After getting over the initial long set up procedure, the unit is fairly easy to use.

The display can be super bright at night, but you can easily adjust this. Of course this can be a pain to do every time you drive at night.

I hate using the knob on the unit itself. The knob feels flimsy and you feel like you are going to break it every time you try to change tracks. However, if you do not mind using the remote control this is all bypassed. I use the remote frequently, so I do not have an issue with this. Also the remote is fairly easy to use and the battery is easy to find (Walgreens, Wal-Mart, etc.) and easy to replace.

The display graphics are neat, and you have many to choose from (8 or 9 diffent displays I believe).

SquareTrade AP6.0 saitronix Store PIONEER 0307 WIRE HARNESS DEH-P670MP DEH-P6700MP DEHP7700MP DEHP770MP Click to see supersized image Click to see sup...