Pioneer DEH-1300mp CD Player/MP3 In Dash Receiver Reviews

Pioneer DEH-1300mp CD Player/MP3 In Dash Receiver

The CD player that could

Jun 17, 2002 (Updated Jun 18, 2002)

• Sound Quality:

Pros:Great sound, and easy to install

Cons:You need a special adapter to use the radio in GM cars

The Bottom Line: This is a great player that will not take all your money from you. If you are looking for a great CD-player that is easy to install this is it.

Features
The Pioneer DEH-1300 CD Receiver is a pretty plain and basic CD receiver; it does not offer MP3 playback or CD controller support (you can’t add a CD changer). The CDs are front loading and the face plate does not move. The receiver does offer nice EQ settings and you are giving 6 presets and you can make your own. The unit powers the speakers with a non-mosfet top power rating of 45w/channel and it has one set of RCA outputs (for attaching an amp) running at 2V It also has a AM/FM radio but it needs an adapter to use it in a GM made car. (I have included the full specs from Pioneer’s website at the end of this review)

Installation
This was the first real car audio install I have ever done and Pioneer made it easy with there detailed manual. The manual had no mistakes in the wire diagrams and in fact they showed you how to wire an amplifier to the unit. I did run into a problem though, because of the fact I drive a GM car I needed to get a special adapter to use the radio, it was around $20 and I do feel that they should have included it.

Sound Quality
This is where the unit really shines and let’s be frank here this is the ONLY part that really matters. The unit sounds great; the highs are vibrant, the mids are not muddled as in some other receiver I have heard and the bass, well if you’re a bass fan and your speakers can handle it then you can feel it! Speaking about if your speakers can handle it, well if you’re running from stock speakers, they can’t. Do not get me wrong they still sound great but this unit puts out a lot of power with very little loss of quality (the volume goes to 30 and it sounds great until around 25 which it to loud for most people). In other words if you get this unit you will have to get new speakers to truly understand how great it is. As far as the radio goes, it is very good it gets stations in clearer and faster then my old stock radio did.

Other Info
The screen is very nice, it gives you all the info you need and it doesn’t get “washed out” in sunlight like other receivers do. The button placement is very intuitive and a piece of cake to use. One thing I was very happy about was that it plays CD-R’s as long as their have .wave’s on them. The unit also plays almost any CD; if you have a CD that is scratched and won’t play in your CD player odds are it will play in this one (I know mine did)

Features
Supertuner III
24-Station/6-Button (18FM / 6AM) Presets
BSM (Best Station Memory)
AGC (Automatic Gain Control)
CD
Track Scan
Pause
Repeat
Random Play
Playback Compatible with Digital Audio CD-R (when disc is finalized)
45Wx4 - 4-Channel High Power
EEQ Performance Chip
3-Band Equalizer
Easy EQ (EEQ) switches 5 Factory, 1 User EQ Presets (Super Bass, Powerful, Natural, Vocal, Flat, Custom)
Source Custom EQ Memory (Independent Custom Memory for each source)
Selectable Loudness Control (Low/Mid/High/Off)
Selectable FIE (Front Image Enhancer)
Selectable Fader Control
RCA Preouts (x1 pair) (2V)
Fixed faceplate
Liquid Crystal Display with White LED backlight

div style=text-align:centerimg src=http://ti2.auctiva.com/sw/java.gif border=0br table align=centertr td a style=text-decoration:none href=http://stor...

Genuine Pioneer OEM PRODUCT, not a knock-off, or aftermarket - SHIPS FAST - WILL SHIP NEXT BUSINESS DAY AFTER FULL PAYMENT, Don't be fooled by afterma...
BRAND NEW GENUINE MOUNTING CAGE / SLEEVE FOR PIONEER DEH-1300MP MODELS GUARANTEED FAST SAME DAY SHIPPING WHEN PAID BY 2PM PST Don't see what you need?...