Plantronics Discovery 640 Silver/Black In-Ear Only Headsets Reviews

Plantronics Discovery 640 Silver/Black In-Ear Only Headsets

As good as Bluetooth is going to get...

Mar 7, 2006

Pros:Light, works well, portable battery charging

Cons:expensive

The Bottom Line: If you thought you would never want a bluetooth headset because they would be more trouble than they are worth, think again.

Here is what this device means to me:

Usability: It works, and works well. I rarely am 30ft away from my cell phone, but I am often 10-12 feet, and it works perfect. One button touch and the phone is answered and I am able to talk.
Charging: I hate having separate plug-in chargers. The AAA pen style pocket charger is GENIUS and works well. I can now charge the device anywhere, anytime and not worry about a wall outlet.

Clarity: I can hear people fine, and they can hear me. No one even knows I am using a headset - and this is important because I often have used other devices and everyone eventually asks me, "Are you using a headset?"

Functions: One button press and I answer the phone when it is ringing. When it is idle, two button presses automatically redials the last number. I've used it with voice commands to my Motorola RAZR phone with no problem.

Fit: I find it hard to even really notice that I am wearing it, and the fact that it comes with three different sized ear gels makes it easy to find the right fit. I have never used the over ear clip because it fits so well into my ear.

Sound: I drive a big, noisy, 4x4 diesel that makes it hard to have a phone conversation when I am driving high speed because of tire noise, but I've done it with no problems with this device. Of course, I was talking to my wife and she might not have complained, where a business call might have said something.

ITEM DESCRIPTION ALL PLANTRONICS ITEMS COME IN PLANTROCIS RETAIL PACKING ARE GENUINE BRAND NEW Plantronics Pl-60966-01 Duopro Replacement/Spare Headse...

Feedback About Us Our eBay Store Plantronics Discovery 640 Bluetooth Headset The Plantronics Discovery 640 Bluetooth headset lets you stay connected l...