Plantronics Voyager PRO Black Ear-Hook Headsets Reviews

Plantronics Voyager PRO Black Ear-Hook Headsets

Useful but not a good value

Jan 23, 2010 (Updated Jan 23, 2010)

Pros:Good noise cancellation, comfortable.

Cons:Battery runs out too quickly, reliability issues.

The Bottom Line: One to take a look at when looking to buy but you can probably find one just as good at a lower price.

I bought this headset to work with my iPhone.  I bought it on the salesperson's recommendation.  I told him that I owned a Mustang and a Cavalier, both of which were loud cars and I needed something that had good noise cancellation and that I could turn up loud enough to hear over my cars engine/road noise.
It paired without a problem in the store.  In general, it works as advertised.  It does have good noise cancellation.  Most of the people I talk to have no idea I'm in a car.  I have the volume all of the way up but sometimes I still have some difficulty hearing the people I'm talking to.  That's probably due to the difficulty I have in getting this unit to stay in contact with my ear.  I've tried each of the removable ear pieces but none of them fit well.  I'm just using the one that fit best.
The two problems I've had with it is the battery life and the speed at which the battery goes dead.  I only get a few hours of talk time from the battery, typically using it 30-45 minutes at a time.  The first time I worked through the battery, it gave me some useful beeps and even a simulated voice telling me that the battery needed to be charged.  Now it just cuts out with no warning.  I'll be talking and suddenly it sounds like a dropped call.  When I look at my phone, I see that I'm still connected and switch over to the phone.  With that being a ticketable offense  in the state I live in, that's not good.
All in all, this headset does a pretty good job in allowing me to talk while driving.  I spent a premium amount on this and with that, I would not have expected to have some of the issues I've had with it.

lt;div style=text-align:centergt;lt;img src=http://ti2.auctiva.com/sw/java.gif border=0gt;lt;br gt;lt;table align=centergt;lt;tr gt;lt;td gt;lt;a styl...