Play Doh Fun Factory Reviews

Play Doh Fun Factory

+$4.99 shipping Wayfair

Play, re-shape, re-use... but don't forget to put it away!

Mar 29, 2008

Pros:Encourages creativity, price

Cons:Dries out easily, can be hard to operate extruder

The Bottom Line: Play-Doh is a classic toy that encourages creativity so I can heartily recommend it, but make sure to clean up when you're done playing!

Play-Doh is a classic 'toy'. I loved it when I was young, and remember spending countless hours creating cute animals and fun abstract designs with the funky, funny-smelling modeling clay.

Given my nostalgic memories, I was happy to buy the Play-Doh Fun Factory for my three-year old. The Fun Factory includes two five-ounce containers of Play-Doh, two shape-making strips, a plastic knife, and an extruder (press) that features three small molds.

The Play-Doh comes out of the containers smooth and delightfully smushy, which my daughter finds fascinating. After only a few minutes of exposure to the air, however, it gets progressively harder and more difficult to mold. It's still fun to play with, but not as easy to manipulate.

At age three, my daughter needs help inserting the shape strips into the extruder, and often needs some help pushing down the level to create the shaped strips of Play-Doh.

The Fun Factory absolutely encourages imaginative play and creativity, which are two valuable attributes of the toy.

On the downside, it's very hard to clean the extruder, as pieces of Play-Doh can easily stick inside and dry out if you're not careful. A soak in warm water can solve the problem easily, but it's an extra step I'd rather avoid. In addition, if you forget to put the Play-Doh away overnight, forget it - it'll be too hard to be used again.

The Fun Factory is extremely affordable at only about $5, so it's certainly worth the investment if you're looking for a fun time with your child. But, be prepared to help out - a lot - if your child is young.

Type of Toy: Other
Age Range of Child: 3 to 5 Years

Extruder tool lets you load, extrude and mold all kinds of cool designs and shapes Fun Factory set comes with extruder tool, 2 rails, knife accessory ...

Hasbro 90020.95 Features: -Clay tool.-Made in the USA.-Includes everything you need to shape, mold and squeeze lots of fun, crazy shapes.-Includes two...
Wayfair