Play-Hut Inc. Playhut Disney Princess Castle Reviews

Play-Hut Inc. Playhut Disney Princess Castle

Home is where you pop up your castle

Jan 14, 2005 (Updated Mar 15, 2005)

Pros:Gorgeous, tons of funs, just her size.

Cons:More kids means more tents.

The Bottom Line: A perfect place to have a tea party.

A tent is a classic toy that is always a hit with kids and this one is no exception. We've have our fair share of Playhut tents over the years but this one has been played with the most. My daughter had her eyes set on this Princess castle and begged for it every time we went in the Disney Store. She got her wish and received it for Christmas last year. I originally saw it at the Disney Store but I believe this came from KB Toys for $20. I think the tent is certainly worth the value for my princess fan. This tent has been played with really rough over the year and is still in excellent condition.

I almost didn't buy this tent because I thought it was too small and not roomy enough to play in. I guess I'm a little closed minded because this tent gets more use than most of their toys. This is often used for some kind of pretend play that I can't even begin to understand. Has to do with a bunch of giggling and running around. They pretend that it is a fort, a car, a space ship, it's endless really. More often than not it's sitting on its side and the girls are riding in it like it's a car or boat. Better than using my sofa cushions!

My daughter felt the need to sleep in it every night for the first week. I felt uncomfortable about this because that's not what it was designed for. The tent has plenty of ventilation so I let her fall asleep in it than lifted it directly up and sat it to the side without waking her.

When opened up the castle stands as high as my waist. It has a sun roof (other wide put a big open hole at the top) which is also a spy hole for mom. It does not have a built-in floor. There is a cloth door on one side. My only concern is you have to lift your foot over the base when stepping out the door and it seem like it would be easy to trip on.

From the outside you see the most mastic castle in deep and light purples. There is a princess sitting in each of the three windows. (Snow White, Aurora, and Cinderella.) The inside walls are just white. This is much softer than the typical Playhut tents.

Set up is simple that your daughter will be able to do it herself as long as she is old enough to keep her face away when the Playhut springs into shape. The Playhut technology is designed to fold (more like rotate) into a compact little circle that inserts into the vented Playhut carrying bag. The tent can be pulled out of the bag and just instantly springs into shape. Simply pull the side out and it is finished. We don't bother folding our tents up, we just fold them in half and stow them under the bed or in the closet, even against the wall. Remember, out of sight out of mind. The tent is very compact and lightweight which makes it easy for children to move it from their bedroom to right under your feet all by themselves.

We have both genders in our house, and both genders as playmates so I prefer to get toys that both boys and girls would like. This sure doesn't make the cut because a boy won't dare go into a princess house. Although it is a drawback for the adult who has to buy one of each, the kids really luck out because they don't have to share and with the small size of the tent who has room to share anyway!?!

Company Information
Playhut, Inc.
368 South Cheryl Lane
City of Industry, CA 91789
Website: www.playhut.com
Phone: 888-Playhut (752-9488)
Recommended for ages 4-7. Choking hazard under 3.
Folding instructions can also be found on their website.

Other Playhut items:
Playhut Princess 5 in 1
Care Bears Canopy
Playhut Luxury House
Playhut Megahouse
Playhut Train and Ball Zone

Type of Toy: Playscene
Age Range of Child: 3 to 5 Years

Play Hut Is Great For Indoors Or Out On The Lawn - Playhut Disney Princess Hide Play

Playhut Disney Princess Discovery Hut Tent, Free Shipping,

Playhut Disney Princess Discovery Hut Tent, Free Shipping,

Playhut Disney Princess Discovery Hut Tent, Free Shipping, New Details: Manufacturer: Playhut Size: Color: Item Dimensions: Length: 22 inches Width: 1...

Playhut Disney Princess Adventure Hut Tent Free Shipping

Playhut Disney Princess Adventure Hut Tent Free Shipping

Product Description Only Playhut structures provide children with hours of interactive adventure. EZ Twist technology allows for instant setup and qui...

Playhut Disney 21220 Princess Discovery Hut Tent

Playhut Disney 21220 Princess Discovery Hut Tent

This is an open boxed Discovery Hut. This is brand new unit, the package inside the box with the Hut is still sealed! The box shows some signs of dama...

Playhut Girls Hideaway Play Tent Disney Princess

Playhut Girls Hideaway Play Tent Disney Princess

Your young Disney Princess fans will have loads of fun with their own Disney Princess play tent from Playhut Patented Twist 'N Fold Technology allows ...
Toys R Us