Amscan Playful Pumpkin Lunch Plates 50ct

Playful Pumpkin Lunch Plates are GREAT for Your Halloween SNACKS and LITE FARE

Oct 17, 2011
  • User Rating: Very Good

Pros:cute design, great for snacks

Cons:not heavy duty, not for heavy or "wet" foods

The Bottom Line: These are good paper plates for snacks or lite fare.  They are perfect for your Halloween gathering!

Paper goods for your Halloween party are an important part of the décor.  Since my son was not a fan of very scary things, we decided to go with the Playful Pumpkin series of paper goods. They are fun and functional!

The Plates
These Amscan Playful Pumpkin Lunch Plates are perfect for a Halloween party.  These are 9 inch round plates.  They have a cute jack-o-lantern on each plate that fills most of the plate.  The pumpkin is orange with yellow where his cut-out eyes, nose, and mouth are.  He also has a green stem at his top.  The pumpkin sits on a mostly black background with some spider-web type strands running through it.

These plates came in a pack of 50. This was a good number of plates because, even though we did not have that many kids, we had plenty of extra plates for snacks and desserts and still had some left over.   I bought this at my local party goods store.  I paid about $4 for the pack of plates

My Thoughts
These are paper plates and they are not heavy duty!  We served pizza at our party and the plates were sufficient for that.  I would not try to serve heavier foods or too much food on this plate.  First of all, it is on the small side to be able to put too much food on.  Second of all, it won’t hold up!  The plate was really not big enough to fit the slices from the large pizza we served to the kids but they ate it up so quickly that it really didn’t matter too much.  They were able to put some cheese curls on their plates with the pizza and that was about it.

We also used the plates for snacks and desserts both before and after the pizza.  Children were able to put some snack foods on their plates.  All of the snack foods were dry though.  I would not put moist fruits or anything with any type of sauce or dip on this plate because it would be too heavy and it would probably seep through.  The pates were also sufficient for the cake but thankfully we did not try to serve any ice cream because I don’t think that would have worked very well either.

Recommendations
These Amscan Playful Pumpkin Lunch Plates are good plates for a kids party with lite fare or snacks.  I would not use these plates for a full, regular meal as they would not hold up.  Still, given the right use, they were fun and we enjoyed using them at our party!

Type of Toy: Other
Age Range of Child: Whole Family

AMSCAN INC.  7 Red Square Paper Plates

AMSCAN INC. 7 Red Square Paper Plates

Our red square paper plates will accent Christmas parties, Valentine's Day celebrations, or your next birthday party. Size:7. 20 per pack.

AMSCAN INC.  WWE 7 Paper Plates

AMSCAN INC. WWE 7 Paper Plates

Lay the snack down Share a sweet treat with CM Punk Your little wrestler buddies will love to enjoy their sweet treats with these cool WWE 7 Paper Des...

Amscan Plastic Tumblers, 5-ounce, Clear, 88 Per Package

Amscan Plastic Tumblers, 5-ounce, Clear, 88 Per Package

Amscan Plastic Tumblers, 5-Ounce, Clear, 88 Per Package Features Clear plastic tumblers Serve your cold drinks and punch conveniently 88 five ounce tu...

AMSCAN INC.  7 New Pink Paper Plates

AMSCAN INC. 7 New Pink Paper Plates

Our pink paper dessert plates will accent your table setting for bridal showers, bachelorette parties or Valentine's Day celebrations. Size:7. 20 per ...

AMSCAN INC.  7 Purple Square Paper Plates

AMSCAN INC. 7 Purple Square Paper Plates

Our Purple square paper plates help make a festive table setting for Mardi Gras celebrations. Size:7. 20 per pack.

AMSCAN INC.  10 1/4 Pink Plastic Plates

AMSCAN INC. 10 1/4 Pink Plastic Plates

Our pink plastic plates will accent your table setting for bridal showers, bachelorette parties or young girl parties. Size:10 1/4. 20 per pack.

AMSCAN INC.  7 Pink Plastic Plates

AMSCAN INC. 7 Pink Plastic Plates

Our pink plastic plates are perfect for a bridal shower, lady's luncheon, girl's birthday party, or bachelorette party. Size:7. 20 per pack.