Poison Oak And Ivy Itch Relief Tecnu Calagel Anti-itch Reviews

Poison Oak And Ivy Itch Relief Tecnu Calagel Anti-itch

Help for the intense itching of poison ivy

Jan 15, 2009

Pros:Does what it states it would to do get rid of Poison Ivy.

Cons:None that I have found

The Bottom Line: I recommend Calagel to anyone who is an outdoors type if person who goes into the wooded areas.

Tecnu Calagel anti-itch gel is a product that is used many times in my family for the relief of Poison Ivy especially during the summer months because no matter how much you cut these plants down, use ivy killer, they manage to find a way to grow back somewhere in my yard.
We have 2 acres of wooded land near my house and this is the favorite place for my Grandson of 5 to go.
We also have 6 lakes around my area that are covered with woods therefore making it very easy to catch poison ivy.

After trying many remedies for this condition some which were not helpful at all and some that were just too messy to use, I have found that Calagel is the one product that I use the most and the one product that does the best job re leaving the itch and helping to cure this condition.

Calagel active Ingredients are as follows:

Benzethonium Chloride...    Synthetic ammonia salt.
A first aid antiseptic that is used as a drying agent and as an antiseptic to help reduce the possibility of infections.
This compound is also found in cosmetics and toiletries under the name Grape Seed Extract.

Diphenhydramine.... An Antihistamine
This is used to relieve the symptoms of allergy, hay fever and colds.
This is also a drying agent that is used in many cold and sinus medications.

Zinc Acetate... A mineral
This mineral is used to help the growth of new skin tissue and is also a skin protection.

There is also  inactive ingredients such as fragrances, purified water, salt.

I like using Calagel because it is a clear gel that clings to the area that is being treated making it less likely to run down his arms or legs or where ever he needs to be treated for this condition.
This gel will form a protected film over the rash keeping the skin from getting infected as long as you do not itch this area causing the skin to break open.
Calagel dries quickly so it will stop the itching of poison ivy immediately.
I find that in a matter of days this condition is greatly improved and sometimes cured.
There is no damage to the skin from harsh chemicals as with many other products.

Directions For Usage:

Cleanse the area that is affected with soap and warm water drying the skin after cleaning.
Apply Calagel to the area making sure that all the infected parts are covered, a little goes a long way with this product, it is very thick in consistency and will adhere well to the skin.
Use this product no more than 3 times a day.
Can be used for 7 days which should get rid of poison ivy in this time frame.

Stop usage if condition worsens or if condition persists more than 7 days or if conditions clear up but return again.
Calagel should not be used by children under the age of 2.

My Grandsons poison ivy was gone in less than 7 days with no scabs or scars on his skin.

All in all I do like this product as it does what it is made to do,
dries up the rash, stops the itching, heals and protect the skin.
I use this product all summer long and I will continue to use this in the up coming summers or until I can get rid of these awful plants in my yard.

Poison Ivy Oak Sumac Relief Itch Nix Gel Fast Acting 4 Fl Oz 120ml Quantum

Poison Ivy Oak Sumac Relief Itch Nix Gel Fast Acting 4 Fl Oz 120ml Quantum

Itch Nix Gel Fast Acting Poison Ivy/Poison Oak Relief - NEW Don't scratch it! If you've ever suffered from poison oak or ivy, you know what you need: ...

N.i.b. Poison Ivy Sumac Oak Itch Relief Soap Jewelweed Soap

N.i.b. Poison Ivy Sumac Oak Itch Relief Soap Jewelweed Soap

NEW N.I.B. Poison Ivy Sumac Oak Itch Relief Soap Jewelweed Soap New. 2.7 oz bar. perfect travel size. reusable packaging. great for camping, home, tri...

Poison Ivy Cream for Poison Ivy Itching & Burning - Family 6 Pack of 4oz Bottles - The All Stop Poison Ivy Healing Gel is a topical Gel that provides ...
Zanfel Poison Ivy Oak Sumac 1oz. Tube Itch Relief Wash (exp. 3/2020)

Zanfel Poison Ivy Oak Sumac 1oz. Tube Itch Relief Wash (exp. 3/2020)

Zanfel Poison Ivy Oak Sumac 1oz. Tube Itch Relief Wash (Exp. 3/2020)Ships within 24 hours Feel free to contact with any questions

N.i.b. Poison Ivy Sumac Oak Itch Relief Spray Jewelweed Spray

N.i.b. Poison Ivy Sumac Oak Itch Relief Spray Jewelweed Spray

NEW N.I.B. Poison Ivy Sumac Oak Itch Relief Spray Jewelweed Spray New. 1 oz bottle. perfect travel size. great for camping, home, trips, keep on hand ...
Poison Oak/Poison Ivy (1 oz) by Natra-Bio

Poison Oak/Poison Ivy (1 oz) by Natra-Bio

Poison Oak/Poison Ivy provides relief for the symptoms of skin rashes, heat rash, itching and hot, burning, irritated skin.
4AllVitamins

Zanfel Wash For Poison Ivy Oak & Sumac 1oz

Zanfel Wash For Poison Ivy Oak & Sumac 1oz

Zanfel Wash For Poison Ivy Oak & Sumac 1oz Description Unique dual-action formula: 1. Washes away poison ivy, oak and sumac (Urushiol) from the skin....
American Drug Supply Store

4 Calagel Max Strength Anti-itch Gel, Poison Oak & Ivy, Itch Relief First Aid

4 Calagel Max Strength Anti-itch Gel, Poison Oak & Ivy, Itch Relief First Aid

(4) Boxes - Calagel Maximum Strength Anti-Itch. Oak-N-Ivy CalaGel Medicated Anti-Itch Gel 6 fl oz in each box PLUS Trial size Tecnu Inside 2 fl oz in ...
Cortizone 10 Poison Ivy Relief Pads - 10 Count

Cortizone 10 Poison Ivy Relief Pads - 10 Count

Find first aid at Target.com! Exposure to plants such as poison ivy, oak, or sumac can result in intense itching, irritation, inflammation, and rashes...

All Stop Poison Ivy, Poison Oak & Poison Sumac Healing Gel, Itch Cream 2oz

All Stop Poison Ivy, Poison Oak & Poison Sumac Healing Gel, Itch Cream 2oz

Product Description The All Stop Poison Ivy Healing Gel is a topical Gel that provides immediate relief from the burning and Itching of Poison Ivy, Oa...