Polk Audio db1240 1-Way 12" Car Subwoofer Reviews

Polk Audio db1240 1-Way 12" Car Subwoofer

Great well rounded Sub!

Nov 24, 2011

• Sound Quality:

Pros:Hits Great, Good range

Cons:Some Distortion at high volumes

The Bottom Line: If you want a cheap sub that will last a while and take a beating while sounding good...here it is!

I am running this sub on a 750 Watt Amp and I am really happy with the results. I bought this sub because of it's great price and the reputation of the brand. I also bought it because its marine certified. Having a jeep your electronics are almost guaranteed to get soaked! But this sub hits great and has a great range the lows that it can handle are pretty low. I installed this sub inside a truck sub box, which is sealed, and even in this small box the sub still hits hard and articulate. The amp I am running is a Crunch 750. This amp pushed the sub to its full potential and then some. Occasionally I do run into some issues with my sub distorting or not being able to handle the lowest of the lows this can be annoying when you have to go in and change settings on the head unit just to get a song to play right. But I still believe that this sub is a very well rounded sub and would be great in almost any application whether it be car, boat, or truck. If you aren’t expecting the ground to part when this sub hits then I don’t think that you will be disappointed!

Polk Audio Polk 12 4Ohm Woofer 720 watts mzx DB1240 From Polk Audio Woofer 1-800-983-2210 Product Description Payments Shipping International Shipping...

Polk Audio db1240 12-Inch Single Voice Coil Subwoofer (Single, Black)Features A marine single voice coil subwoofer speaker Equipped with 12-inch black...