Polycom Communicator C100S Skype IP Phone Reviews

Polycom Communicator C100S Skype IP Phone

Free Shipping Best Buy

cancels echo, but close-talking.

Apr 9, 2008
Rated Show

Pros:cancels echo with little distortion. Good sound quality. Solid construction. Skype recognizes its mute button.

Cons:Microphone level is low. Unsuitable for a large conference room.

We've used this for our weekly Skype meetings for several months now and are quite happy with it. It's not good for large conference rooms, but for a small office it's OK. Please monitor your Skype microphone level while using it. All talkers should sit about the same distance from it, to avoid a severe loudness difference.

Reason: it's much louder when you're closer than 0.5m from it. If your mouth is 1m or more away from it, then you'll need to force the input level of Skype to be higher by Tools, Options, Audio Settings, uncheck "Let Skype adjust my audio settings."

I don't know anything better than this for echo canceling, aside from having each participant wear an earphone and plant a sensitive microphone on the table. So I recommend it.

Polycom Skype Communicator (Blue) HD VOICE Communicator C100S - The ultimate hands-free Skype experience Polycom HD Voice technology for high-fidelity...

Polycom Communicator gives you the ultimate hands-free Skype experience. Based on the same technology used in Polycom's legendary line of triangular S...
Best Buy