Powerball Polishing Tool - 05140 Reviews

Powerball Polishing Tool - 05140

Mother's Powerball Polish Kit, The Best for Polished Porsche Fuch Wheels

Jan 22, 2008

Pros:Maintain your Wheels, Polished and Waxed to a Mirror Shine in Half the Time.

Cons:Can be a bit messy with polish splash

The Bottom Line: If you have a nice set of wheels or anything metal that requires intricate cleaning or waxing, Mother's Powerball is the product to use!

I have owned this 1982 Porsche 911SC for almost 10 years where I had found a set of fairly rare 9" wide turbo wheels for sale. They were a bit used and to tell you the truth a little uncared for.

After I had the 911 repainted the same factory Pacific Blue color, I wanted to use these wheels on the car. These wheels when held up to the new paint made them look so dingy. So, instead of having the wheels refinished to the factory brushed finished lip and black petals, I chose to have these forged aluminum wheels polished to a high polish.

After the tires and wheels were mounted on the car, the wheels had a mirror quality about them that would end up requiring a bit more maintenance than I had anticipated. Every so often or after a long weekend drive, the brake dust must be washed off of the wheels and since it was polished bare aluminum, they needed to be waxed at least once if not twice a year. For a couple of years, I donned my latex gloves and painstakingly hand waxed each one of these wheels. I must have devoted over an hour per wheel to preserve the "Bling" factor to these things. In fact they were so shiny that many times people approach to ask me if they were chromed. The answer was of course, No, as the process of chrome plating weakens the wheel.

During a recent visit to the restoration shop that painted my car, the owner of the shop handed me the Mother's Powerball attached to a corded electric drill when I told him about maintaining my wheels. I dipped it into the tub of the Aluminum Magnesium polish and tried it on one of the 9" rear rims.

The pink ribbons of foam spun and flapped against the rim and paddle. The white polish turned gray then quickly blackened with the oxidation leaving a slight haze! A quick wipe down with a soft cotton towel and amazingly enough, you could see your reflection. I was pleasantly surprised at how quickly the Powerball broke through the top layer of dirt and oxidation to polish the section of the wheel to a mirror like shine. I ran out to Schuck's Kraagen and purchased a Powerball kit for myself that afternoon and I have been happy to report that this entire regimine of wheel polishing and waxing has been cut in half.

The Powerball simply fits into the chuck of your power drill and with the 10" extension allows the polishing head to fit into the many curved recesses and facets of the Porsche Fuchs wheel or any other car wheel. I would recommend using a corded power drill though a rechargeable one will work until the batteries die.

To really do the wheels up properly, you'll need to take them off the car so that you can the Powerball into the areas behind the lug nuts and while you have alloy lug nuts out, you can polish and wax them at the same time.

Follow up with an application of your favorite carnuba wax or polymer sealer and your're done. Just remember to to properly torque down each lug nut when you put the wheels back onto the car before you set out to enjoy your car's polished wheels.

Tyco Lansdale Powerball 300 Valves (51021a) 2 Lpbg Grooved

Tyco Lansdale Powerball 300 Valves (51021a) 2 Lpbg Grooved

I am selling a Tyco Lansdale Powerball 300 Valves (51021A) 2 LPBG Grooved

Norton Resin Bonded Diamond Polish Tool - 9-Pack, 1500 Grit, Yellow, Model 70184628560

The Norton high performance resin bonded diamond tools offer superior gloss and product life. Resin tooling is used in the polishing process of floor ...
Northern Tool

Tool International 12 Point High Polish Combination Wrench 1-1/4 - TI41340

Tool International 12 Point High Polish Combination Wrench 1-1/4 - TI41340

12 Point High Polish Combination Wrench 1-1/4 Features and Benefits: Professional series fractional wrench features high-polish, smooth-finish, heat-t...
Kd Tools 4 Piece Full Polish Flex Handle Ratchet Set

Kd Tools 4 Piece Full Polish Flex Handle Ratchet Set

Part No.:KDT81230 4 Piece Full Polish Flex Handle Ratchet Set Manufacturer:KD Tools Features and Benefits Patented low profile and performance head fo...

KD Tools 3 Piece Full Polish Ratchet Set (1/4, 3/8 and 1/2) - KDT81206

KD Tools 3 Piece Full Polish Ratchet Set (1/4, 3/8 and 1/2) - KDT81206

Patented low profile and performance head for greater access and strengthFlush mounted reversing lever for greater access and versatilityLonger than m...
Advance Auto Parts

KD Tools 3Pc Full Polish Ratchet Set

KD Tools 3Pc Full Polish Ratchet Set

Use: Ratchets. Quantity: Set
Quill.com

Tool International 7 Piece High Polish Metric Short Combination Wrench Set - TI41700

7 Piece High Polish Metric Short Combination Wrench Set Features and Benefits: High polish, smooth-finish, heat-treated chrome vanadium steel 12 point...
2 Ultra Tool Precision-ground Polished Carbide Blanks Serie 650 Ultra Grain

2 Ultra Tool Precision-ground Polished Carbide Blanks Serie 650 Ultra Grain

2 NEW ULTRA TOOL PRECISION-GROUND POLISHED CARBIDE BLANKS SERIES 650 ULTRA GRAIN DIA +.0000 /-.0003 3/8 x 12

KD Tools 1/2 Dr Full Polish Teardrop Ratchet

KD Tools 1/2 Dr Full Polish Teardrop Ratchet

Use: Ratchets. Quantity: Single
Quill.com

Performance Tool 11 Pc Metric Fully Polished Combination Wrench Set W/rack W1062

PERFORMANCE TOOL 11 PC METRIC FULLY POLISHED COMBINATION WRENCH SET W/RACK W1062 Offered by Rock Bottom Pricing, Inc. TOOL LIQUIDATORS Offered for sal...