Precor Zuma

Precor Zuma - Quality Home Gym

Mar 27, 2003

Pros:Durable, Exercise Variety, Price

Cons:Size

The Bottom Line: A quality home gym at a reasonable price.

In need of a good piece of exercise equipment? Setting up a home gym perhaps? Well forget buying several machines...just get the Precor Zuma, and you'll get the same exercises at a better value.

This really is a good product.

My Familiarization:

I first used the Precor Zuma when my friend purchased it. We often go running together, and since he bought the new machine (but didn't know much about weight lifting) he decided to invite me over as his workout partner. We've been using this machine 3-5 times per week for about 6 months. So far there haven't been any mechanical problems or quality issues.

About The Zuma:

The Precor Zuma is an affordable, single stack strength system for home use. It features a chest and fly press and is capable of over 25 different exercises, which is significantly less than other similar products. Other than the modest variety available on the Zuma the only complaint I have is that it is pretty big. Much larger than the similarly priced Bowflex Power Pro, for example.

Precor has tried to focus on ergonomics in the design of this product. They claim it was "designed to fit the individual," but then everyone says that now days. For a machine the Zuma does a good job of promoting proper form and allows for a full range of motion. These are two vital elements in developing a fit and muscular body. Good form limits injuries and focuses your energy on the muscle you intend to work. A full range of motion allows the muscle to work and develop fully, both in the stretching and contracting portion of the exercise.

The weight stack features rubber coated ends which decreases wear and tear on your equipment. It is also helpful in reducing noise, if you happen to slam the weight stack down.

Included with your Zuma is a chart that you can mount on your wall with exercise information. Also, included is an instructional video. They are pretty handy, especially for beginners. My friend found it to be a good compliment to mine and his coaches advice. With the exercises you can do on the Zuma you will be able to work your entire body, from biceps to chest to your gastrocnemius (calf muscle).

The construction of the Zuma is very good. For over 6 months my friend and I have been working out and there is not so much as an odd squeak when we workout. I have been very pleased with it, and it's not even mine! The Zuma is a good value.

Features:

Twin Press Arm Swiveling Joints: This patent pending feature allows the exerciser to perform unique pressing exercises and pec fly movements with the path of motion determined by the exerciser.

Thigh Pads: When performing the lat pulldown exercise, the thigh pads hold down and securely position the exerciser.

Adjustable Seat: Seat height is easily adjustable. The spring loaded pin twists to lock the seat pad into the proper exercise position.

Mid Pulley/Ab Strap: Provides an ideal pulling point for both the overhead tricep extension and abdominal crunch exercises.

Specifications:

Weight Stack (standard): 155 lbs.

Optional heavy stack: 205 lbs

Floor Space: 4' x 5'6" (standard), with leg press - 5'2" x 5'6", with multi-hip - 5' x 5'6"

Accessories Available: Straight bar, ab/tricep strap, ankle strap, and lat bar

The Final Say:

Other than the large size of the machine, the few exercises you can do, and the lack of heavy weight on the weight stack, I would say the Precor Zuma is an overall great piece of equipment. These complaints though are significant enough to warrant a 3 star rating and a C from myself.

When considering your options take this machine into account. If you are on a budget, you won't be dissapointed.

Thank you for reading! Best wishes to you on your journey to physical fitness!

Precor Elliptical Ramp Sleeves Pair Of 2 Brand - Wow

Precor Elliptical Ramp Sleeves Pair Of 2 Brand - Wow

BLOWOUT SALE ON PRECOR 546 PRECOR 556 SLEEVE COVERS -- PLUS 3M TAPE IS USED AS THE ADHESIVE. WE HAVE BEEN IN BUSINESS 12 YEARS WITH 100% FEEBACK FOR A...

Precor Elliptical EFX 576i Experience - New

Precor Elliptical EFX 576i Experience - New

Precor AMT 100i- Remanufactured

Precor AMT 100i- Remanufactured

This Precor AMT is top of the line, commercial, and fully remanufactured.
Precor EFX 546i Experience Lower Body Elliptical- Remanufactured

Precor EFX 546i Experience Lower Body Elliptical- Remanufactured

This Precor EFX 546i Experience Lower Body Elliptical is remanufactured to order and comes with a 6 Month Parts Warranty.
Precor EFX 576i Experience Series-Serviced Class

Precor EFX 576i Experience Series-Serviced Class

The Precor EFX 576i is a high-end offering from Precor, the 576i is constructed from quality components such as sealed bearings, self-lubricating bron...

Precor Elliptical 546 / 556 Ramp Covers - 20 Ramps - 10 Pairs Only $99

Precor Elliptical 546 / 556 Ramp Covers - 20 Ramps - 10 Pairs Only $99

Precor EFX 576i Experience Series Total Body Elliptical

Precor EFX 576i Experience Series Total Body Elliptical

Precor EFX 576i Experience Series Total Body Elliptical is remanufactured to order and carries a 6 Month Parts Warranty
Precor EFX 546i Experience Lower Body Elliptical

Precor EFX 546i Experience Lower Body Elliptical

Keen Zuma Waterproof Sport Sandals Toddlers Us 4 / Eu 21

Keen Zuma Waterproof Sport Sandals Toddlers Us 4 / Eu 21

For your consideration is a pair of toddlers KEEN sandals, size US 4 / EU 21 / CM 9. NEW IN BOX. Style: ZUMA. Color: BLACK. Keen's classic design in a...
Precor C956i Experience Series Commercial Treadmill

Precor C956i Experience Series Commercial Treadmill

Precor C956i Experience Series Commercial Treadmill is remanufactured to order and comes with a 6 Month Parts Warranty