Presto FryDaddy 05420 Deep Fryer Reviews

Presto FryDaddy 05420 Deep Fryer

+$7.38 shipping Target

Presto Frydaddy Electric Deep Fryer....for When You Don't Want a Ton of Oil

Dec 13, 2010

Pros:great for fries & onion rings, lid for oil storage, handle for easy transport

Cons:no temp control, no power switch or heat indicator

The Bottom Line:

The Presto Frydaddy Electric Deep Fryer is perfect for small families or couples who like to eat fried foods on occasion.

I've had an electric Presto FryDaddy Deep Fryer for several years now, having bought it specifically for foods such as french fries, onion rings, cream cheese-stuffed jalapenos, and fried pickles.

They're really inexpensive, as far as kitchen tools go, costing around $30. They can be found in stores such as Walmart, Target, or online at retailers such as Amazon (.com). The Presto FryDaddy comes with a 2 year warranty, but I have never had to use mine.

What you get is a deep fryer that is 7 inches in diameter and will hold 4 cups of oil, the easy to attach cord that powers the fryer, a snap-on lid (for oil storage), and a wide ladle-type slotted scoop. Also included is a manual that features several fried food recipes that can be made in this fryer.

After plugging in the fryer, it will come on automatically. There is no On/Off switch. There is also no indicator light that comes on to let you know when the oil is hot enough to use. I usually wait about 15 minutes before frying, where the temperature then reaches 375 degrees (approximately).

There are no temperature controls, since the manufacturer insists that the FryDaddy will "reach the perfect frying temperature automatically". With fries, onion rings, and the other finger foods I have used this for, they all come out with a crispy coating and softer insides (like they're supposed to). They also cook faster than if I were using a pot.

I do not use the FryDaddy as often as I would have 5 or more years ago because I only make and eat fried foods a couple times a month. And, I haven't cooked any meats in it, preferring to use a cast iron skillet for chicken and fish. But, since it only uses so little oil (compared to some other deep fryers), I do not mind throwing the oil out when done. On the occasions I may want to cook fries or fried jalapenos more than once a week, I can save the oil by placing the lid on the (cooled down) Fry Daddy and setting it aside.

When I'm finished frying with the FryDaddy, I clean it out by hand with a little soap and water, and being that it has a non-stick interior, it's easy to clean. (This, of course, can not be placed in the dishwasher or should not be submerged in water). When I am not using it, I store it in the pantry by placing the cord inside, snapping the lid on, and carrying it by the convenient handle.

I do like that because it's fairly deep, it doesn't splatter as much as when I use a skillet for pan-frying, and the slotted scoop is handy because it's wide enough to get a lot of the fries at one, draining them a little in the process. But, I do wish that it had an indicator light and a temperature control. Also, it would be nice if the bottom wouldn't get so hot while it's on.

But, for a deep fryer, it's the perfect size for my needs and continues to work great. I would recommend this one to anyone wanting a smaller sized deep fryer, especially if they plan to use it for fries, onion rings, or other fried finger foods.

Find deep fryers at Target.com! The presto fry daddy deep fryer lets you make crunchy onion rings, crispy french fries and other deep-fried delectable...
PRESTO FRYDADDY DEEP FRYER *120 W *Black *4 cups oil makes one to four servings *Temperature control *Non-stick inside and out *Snap-on lid for storin...
4Cup Fry Daddy Deep Fryer
Shop for Deep Fryers from Hayneedle.com! The daddy of all deep fryers! This Presto 05420 FryDaddy Deep Fryer holds four cups of oil, is a breeze to us...
Hayneedle
Hayneedle
1-20 of 28 best deals 1 2   Next >> Why are these stores listed?