-9%
Presto 12-cup Stainless Steel Coffee Maker 12 Cups Coffee Maker - Stainless Reviews

Presto 12-cup Stainless Steel Coffee Maker 12 Cups Coffee Maker - Stainless

+$6.95 shipping Sears

Presto Coffeemaker #02811

Feb 27, 2003

Pros:Terrific coffee and no plastic touching the water.

Cons:None that I care about.

The Bottom Line: For all who want to get away from plastics and at the same time have a large capacity coffemaker that makes absolutely delicious coffee, this is it!

I looked long and hard for a coffee maker that did not use plastic in the area that touches the coffee. Some plastics have been implicated in releasing substances that act like estrogens and I do not want DEHA, phthalates, and PVC in my life anymore other than absolutely necessary. I use GLAD plastic wrap as it is one of the few that uses pure polyethylene but that is another story entirely. I use special freezer glass jars for leftovers and freezing too.

I was about to buy a non-electric coffee percolator when I spotted the Presto. (Walmart- $39.95) It makes wonderful hot coffee. I use "Natural Brew" unbleached Basket Style filters and I use a hole punch to make a hole for the stem.

Presto Classic 12-Cup Coffeemaker Perks Enough Coffee for the Whole FamilyThe Presto classic 12-cup coffeemaker is perfect for a big family that all w...

Brew yummy and hot coffee in the Presto 2811 which is enwrapped in an elegant stainless steel body. The powerful 800 watts motor of this Presto 12-cup...