Pringles Stix, Honey Butter, 10-Count, 0.68-Ounce Packages (Pack of 5) (Pringles)

When I need a little guilt-free snack, I reach for Pringles Honey Butter Stix

Apr 12, 2011

Pros:sweet, salty flavor with just a hint of butter!!

Cons:not much nutritional value

The Bottom Line: Wonderful taste without all the guilt. Gotta try these!

Most snacks either fall into the healthy (fruit, veggies, cheese, nuts) or unhealthy (chips, candy, cookies) category. Pringles Baked Wheat Stix sort of fall into that middle ground - while not particularly healthful, they certainly on the surface seem better than chips or candy. I fell in love with the honey butter flavored ones and usually have a box on hand for those times when the healthy snacks don't seem too appealing, but yet I am trying not to succumb to the unhealthy choices.

Product Details

A box of these come with ten packets and each packet has about 15 of these thin sticks. These sticks measure about 5 inches long and remind somewhat of the Pocky biscuit cookies from Japan (except that they're not dipped in chocolate!)

I'd like to say that they're full of nutritious ingredients, but in reality, Pringles Stix are basically crackers in stick form. I've copied the ingredients just so you can see, but trust me, there's not a lot of nutrition. However, on the positive side, they're a baked snack, with not too much sugar (2 grams out of 12 grams total of carb) without any trans fat and only 1.5 grams saturated fat. Sodium content is 150 mg (or  6% DV)Totally calories for one packet is 90. Certainly not sinful, but without any fiber or vitamin/mineral content, there's not a lot of good stuff to say about nutritional value. But heck, they do taste good and if that keeps you from eating worse stuff, then they do make a worthwhile little "cheat" snack.

Other flavors include:  Cheese, Jalapeno and Pizza. I've had the Pizza flavor and found it to be a little yucky (but then again, I never like pizza flavored chips or crackers.) Pringles says these Stix can be used with dips or spreads, but I don't think so as they're rather delicate and break easily.

Ingredients: Wheat Flour, Palm Oil, Sugar, Butter (Milkfat, Monoglyceride, Soy Lecithin), Margarine (Vegetable Oil [Contains One Or More Of The Following: Palm Oil, Soybean Oil, Canola Oil, Coconut Oil And/Or Corn Oil], Salt, Mono- And Di-Glycerides, Carotene (Color), Natural And Artificial Flavors), And Salt. Contains 2% Or Less Of: Invert Sugar, Rice, Yeast, Yeast Extract, Maltodextrin, Lactic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Sodium Caseinate, Trisodium Phosphate, Disodium Inosinate, Disodium Guanylate, Natural And Artificial Flavors, And Sucralose. Contains Wheat, Milk, And Soy Ingredients.

My impression

The honey butter flavor is perfection. It's a little bit sweet and a little bit salty. Add the light butter flavor, and you've got the three evils of the snack world perfectly combined. However, Pringles managed to do this in a delicate manner so it doesn't taste sinful. (And that's why I'm eating a second pack so I can write this review). I feel much better packing these in a lunch than I do a bag of chips.

Perhaps why I like them so much is that the honey butter flavor seems to fulfill my urge for sweet and salty at the same time, while giving me the nice crunch that I like from chips. Let's face it, the stick shape is also fun to eat. Crackers can be just a little bit boring, but eating these delicate little sticks from a nice little package seems just a bit more sophisticated.

Overall rating

The flavor of these is definitely 5 stars. My inner angel says to give them 4 stars since they are lacking in nutritional value, but the little devil inside me who craves sweet and savory snacks says hogwash, these are worth 5 stars. So 5 stars it is.

Pringles Baked Crispy Stix Honey Butter Flavor To Go Pouches

Pringles Baked Crispy Stix Honey Butter Flavor To Go Pouches

Pringles Baked Crispy Stix Honey Butter Flavor 8 To Go Pack Box Expiration Date Always Fresh

2 Pack.pringles Stix Honey Butter

2 Pack.pringles Stix Honey Butter

2 pack.4.88 oz each pack.Baked Snacks Sticks.Artificially flavor.Publicado con eBay Móvil

Pringles Baked Crispy Stix Pizza Flavor To Go Pouches

Pringles Baked Crispy Stix Pizza Flavor To Go Pouches Auction is for one 4.88 oz package Each Package contains 8 to go pouches ***********************...

Pringles Baked Crispy Stix Pizza Flavor To Go Pouches

Pringles Baked Crispy Stix Pizza Flavor 8 To Go Pack Box Expiration Date Always Fresh

Pringles Baked Crispy Stix Cheese Flavor To Go Pouches

Pringles Baked Crispy Stix Cheese Flavor To Go Pouches

Pringles Baked Crispy Stix Cheese Flavor To Go Pouches Auction is for one 4.88 oz package Each package contains eight to go packs ********************...

Pringles Large Grab & Go Canisters (12-Pack)

Pringles Large Grab & Go Canisters (12-Pack)

Distinctive stackable Pringles potato chips come in several salty, savory flavors that are perfect for lunch boxes or on-the-go snacking : PRINGLES LA...
Groupon

Pringles Salt and Vinegar Super Stack 5.96 Ounce (Pack of 14)

Pringles Salt and Vinegar Super Stack 5.96 Ounce (Pack of 14)

Pringles Salt and Vinegar Super Stack 5.96 Ounce (Pack of 14) - Salt and vinegar super stack.
Pringles(R) Original Potato Chips, 2.38 Oz

Pringles(R) Original Potato Chips, 2.38 Oz

Original flavored chips for snacking on the go Enjoy the tasty Original flavor. Resealable container keeps chips fresh. Its portable size makes it a g...
Office Depot

Pringles Super Stack Pizza 5.96 oz

Pringles Super Stack Pizza 5.96 oz

Find chips and snacks at Target.com! Pringles super stack pizza 5.96 oz

Pringles Honey Mustard Potato Crisps 5.96 Oz

Pringles Honey Mustard Potato Crisps 5.96 Oz

Pringles Honey Mustard Flavor Potato Crisps 5.96 oz Expiration Date Always Fresh