ProForm 520 Treadmill Reviews

ProForm 520 Treadmill

Epinions Product Rating: OK

Awesome Treadmill Choice

May 14, 2003

Pros:Solid, Smooth Equipment, IFit software, Big 2.5 HP motor.

Cons:Instructions on Assembly difficult to understand

The Bottom Line: Why pay $2,000 for a Nordic Track model with an inferior (small) motor when you can have a Superstar in the 520?

We purchased the Proform 520 several months ago. It was packaged well and could be easy moved to the basement by 2 men. I've seen other monster treadmills that take 4 people to move. The 520 also folds up nicely, but alas in the basement this feature is unnecessary.

The treadmill was preassembled and all that needed to be done was to install the console unit and side rails. One negative was the directions were difficult to follow and it took me about 2 hours to get it right. Proform has a telephone number you can call if assembly proves impossible, and an expert will come to your home for a fee and take care of the assembly. Thank God this proved unnecessary, but be prepared for some frustration putting this baby together.

The console unit has excellent graphics and there are 4 choices to select from-Manual, IFit, Heart Monitor, and Cardio Trainer. We have used all of them to date, except the Heart Monitor which requires the purchase of a chest monitor at $100. We decided the additional monitor was unnecessary since the 520 already comes with a thumb pulse sensor.

I weigh over 200 pounds and was at first skeptical about whether the 520 could move without skipping. It has performed great at both walking and running speeds up to 5.5 mph. There is also an incline the can be automatically or manually engaged depending on the program you select. The incline goes up to 10 degrees, but I've only gone as high as 7 degrees. Once again, even at 7 degrees of incline it never skips. One final note is the 520 has a padded running deck common on more expensive treadmills. The 520 performs and looks as well or better than most hotel and health club treadmills I've used.

We paid only $479 at Sports Authority because their manager was gracious to allow us to upgrade without extra cost after mixing up our order. What a deal!

Burn calories, lose weight and feel great with the ProForm 520 ZN Treadmill. Featuring a Custom Weight Loss Workout Center, this treadmill allows you ...