Proactiv Acne Treatment System 4-pc Skin Care (735786000189) Reviews

Proactiv Acne Treatment System 4-pc Skin Care (735786000189)

Epinions Product Rating: OK

Proactiv Solution is Not Worth The Money, Not Worth the Wait

Apr 3, 2009

Pros:prevents and treats acne well

Cons:expensive!, dries out skin, shipping costs, multiple steps, results take 2 weeks

The Bottom Line: Unless you have terrible skin, Proactiv Solution is just not worth it.

Proactiv Solution sounds great at first, but I was quickly turned off by the price.  If it is your first time buying it, you can save about 10 bucks, but remember to factor in the cost of shipping.

When my package of Proactiv finally arrived I was disappointed by the lack of results after using it.  My skin actually got worse before it got better.

The cleanser exfoliates well, but doesn't smell very good.  The toner will bleach cloth, so keep it away from towels, clothes, etc.  The toner makes your face feel softer but it stings if you apply it to damaged skin.  The lotion didn't seem to do much of anything.  I didn't notice a difference in my skin between when I used the lotion and when I didn't.  The face mask is excellent, though.  I'd recommend buying this by itself.  It works well to quickly diminish oncoming zits.  It smells a little funny too, but I think it's the best part of the set.

After about two weeks, you will start to see some great results, but you'll quickly get sick of the number of steps required to maintain your new great skin.  The number of bottles do not lend themselves easily to traveling and who honestly wants to buy the travel pack?  It's extra money for the same thing.

During the harsh winter months or in drier climates, you may have problems with dry skin.  The lotion does nothing to prevent this and you will have to invest in an excellent moisturizer from a different brand.  (I'd suggest Olay.)  This brings the total cost of good skin up to nearly 60 or 70 dollars.  Not worth it when much cheaper products are out there that will work almost as well with fewer steps.

NEW Proactiv Solution 4-pc. Acne Treatment System 1. NO SALES TAX 2. LOW COST EXPEDITED SHIPPING FOR US BUYERS 3. WE ARE NOW SHIPPING WORLDWIDE $54.02...