Proliss Twister 13 mm Pink Tourmaline Curling Iron Reviews

Proliss Twister 13 mm Pink Tourmaline Curling Iron

ratings (1 Epinions review)

I use the Proliss Twister 13mm Pink Tourmaline Curling Iron for 5 star curls!

Nov 11, 2012 (Updated Nov 11, 2012)

Pros:Easy to use, locks curls in, doesn't damage hair, swivel cord, very effective

Cons:No temperature or high/low settings, no auto off feature

The Bottom Line: The  Proliss Twister 13mm Pink Tourmaline Curling Iron is simple but is the best twister wand I ever used. Works great every time. No damage either!

I have long slightly wavy hair that I can force into a wavy style with good products. I sometimes want more than just slight waves so I started using a curling iron but my hair ddin't look tousled like I wanted. I then tried a few curling wands and hated them. I didn't get how to make my hair actually curl and I burnt my fingers. Even after getting used to using wands, I was never pleased. Then I bought the Proliss Twister 13mm Pink Tourmaline Curling Iron and I am in love. This wand works amazingly well and fast. My curls are locked in all day and the next. It gets very hot but I don't burn my fingers because the included glove is very protective. I love this one!

About the Product

Maintains even heat while curling. Extra long Teflon coated non-stick barrel. Heavy duty long-life heating element. Heat resistant safety glove provided for fast curling process without burning. Comfortable easy grip handle. Heavy duty 8-foot tangle-proof swivel cord. Safety on/off switch with light indicator.

Manufacturer's Specs

Packaging

The Proliss Twister 13mm Pink Tourmaline Curling Iron comes in a long rectangular box. There is a black glove inside to wear on the hand that is twisting the hair. The body and wand are pink. There is a simple on and off button. There are no temperature settings or high/low options. The cord is a swivel type and long so I don't have to be on top of an outlet to use the wand. There are instructions included but they're very basic, obvious stuff like not submerging the unit in water. This size wand is quite thin. It's the smallest one I own and works the best. It could be because it IS so slim that my curls come out so well but all I know is I will not be using my others and I have THREE other curling wands of various sizes and brands.

My Experience

I have used regular curling irons for decades but want more of a spiral wave then a typical curl. That is when I started trying curling wands. I started with a cheap one by Conair and promptly returned it because I had no idea how to use it and it burned the heck out of my hair and fingers. I moved on to other brands and eventually I came across the Proliss Twister 13 mm Pink Tourmaline Curling Iron. It was on a deal of the day type website and was deeply discounted. I had read wonderful reviews about it and I just took a chance and bought it.

The unit is very simple. There is no temperature settings or even a high/low setting. It simply turns on with a flip of a switch. It lights up with a little orange glow when it is on. The wand only takes seconds to get very hot and it stays hot consistently throughout use.

The pink handle is small enough to fit comfortably in my hand and the barrel is long and thin. The glove provided is a MUST. This iron gets really hot and you will not be able to avoid burns if you don't wear it. It is a full glove to protect all of your fingers unlike some that include just a thumb and pointer finger glove type thing.

To use, you wrap strands of hair from the top down, vertically. It is a weird way of curling hair at first but it is really quite easy. You then hold the end of the strand with glovedfingers while the iron does its magic. I only leave my hair wrapped around the barrel for about 10-15 seconds max. I don't need more. When I let go of the end of my hair, the strand falls down into a gorgeous spiral from root to end.

I can do my whole head of hair or just pick stands to do to add body and curl to my waves. I do both. It just depends on the look I want.

Once the curls are in, they're really locked in. Even without hairspray, my hair doesn't straighten. I can go all day and night and sleep and wake up with nearly same amount of wave. A little touching up and I'm ready to go again.

Despite the barrel getting so very hot, I have never had any damage to my hair when using the Proliss Twister 13mm Pink Tourmaline Curling Iron. I sometimes use a heat protecting spray but often don't. Since I leave my hair in the heat for a much shorter time than I would a curling iron and since the ends of my hair are the last to be wrapped, my hair doesn't dry or burn and the ends don't get damaged.

I am amazed at the difference this iron makes compared to the others I have used. Those others were hard to use, didn't curl evenly, and didn't lock my curls in. This one just does it all.

Because the barrel is very thin, those with short hair will get great results. I have long hair which I thought needed a larger barrel but this one gives me bouncy spirals that I can soften with a wide toothed comb or just tousle with my fingers. I won't use a larger barrel again because this size works for me. I do have to use less hair when winding because the barrel is small but I don't spend a lot of extra time on my hair because the curls lock in so fast and I only have to hold the hair around the barrel for seconds. I can do my whole head of hair in about 20 minutes if I want to curl every strand. I often like to just curl scattered strands and tousle my hair and that adds the oomph I want without making my hair too curly.

No matter how I use this wand, it gives consistently good results. I am very impressed and have stopped using my other irons. I probably should give them away because I never consider using them now.

Buying Info

You can buy the Proliss Twister 13mm Pink Tourmaline Curling Iron on several hair care websites. The price is all over the map. I saw one for $70.00 on one site and for more than that elsewhere. I got mine for only $30.00 and at the time, it was selling for over $100.00 retail. Compare prices. They may be phasing this model out so look for a comparable 13mm Proliss model if you can't find this exact one.

Conclusion

I love my Proliss Twister 13 mm Pink Tourmaline Curling Iron and I am not one to really like these types of curling irons. I have burned my fingers, burned my hair and gotten terrible results with others but not with this one! I get consistently awesome results without damage to fingers or my hair. I do need to wear the glove and be careful because the barrel gets super hot but that's a given. I have had absolutely no issues with this wand and have used it a lot. I highly recommend it. 5 stars.

Proliss Twister Heat Resistant Glove Pink Tourmaline 13mm Curling Iron

Proliss Twister Heat Resistant Glove Pink Tourmaline 13mm Curling Iron

Proliss Twister with Heat Resistant Glove - Pink - Tourmaline 13mm Twister Curling Iron - Dual Voltage *tourmaline barrel *dual voltage curling iron *...

Proliss Twister Tourmaline Ceramic For Smooth Curls 32mm Curling Iron Pink

Proliss Twister Tourmaline Ceramic For Smooth Curls 32mm Curling Iron Pink

Proliss Twister Tourmaline Ceramic For Smooth Curls 32mm curling iron PINK Please read the full description below. Item Condition: New open box – No...

Proliss Twister Heat Resistant Glove Pink Tourmaline 25-9mm Curling Iron

Proliss Twister Heat Resistant Glove Pink Tourmaline 25-9mm Curling Iron

Proliss Twister with Heat Resistant Glove - Pink - Tourmaline 25-9mm Twister Curling Iron - Dual Voltage *tourmaline barrel *dual voltage curling iron...

Proliss Twister 32mm Curling Iron - Pink

Proliss Twister 32mm Curling Iron - Pink

Find hair styling appliances at Target.com! You get the benefits of both ceramic and tourmaline plates to achieve the look you want while leaving your...

Proliss Twister Heat Resistant Glove Pink Tourmaline 19mm Curling Iron

Proliss Twister Heat Resistant Glove Pink Tourmaline 25mm Curling Iron

Proliss Twister Heat Resistant Glove Pink Tourmaline 25-18mm Curling Iron

Proliss Twister 25-18mm Curling Iron - Pink

Proliss Twister 25-18mm Curling Iron - Pink

Proliss Twister Curling Iron Wand In Pink & Glove 19mm Srp $220.00

Proliss Twister Curling Iron Wand In Pink & Glove 19mm Srp $220.00

19mm barrel.  3m salon cord with swivel for ease of use.  Heat  protection glove included! ***We sell many sizes of barrels including tapered.  Press ...

Proliss Twister 19mm Curling Iron - Pink