The Cadillac of Neck Traction Units: Pronex PneumaticTraction
Oct 10, 2008 (Updated Oct 11, 2008)
Review by nprelief
Rated a Very Helpful Review
Pros:Light, easy to use, comfortable, durable, no TMJ involvement, Recommended by Health Professionals
Cons:The Pronex is usually not covered by Health Insurance.
The Bottom Line: If you have been recommended cervical traction at home, get the Pronex Pneumatic Cervical Traction Unit- the Cadillac of Neck Stretchers.
I have personally used the Pronex Pneumatic Cervical Traction Unit for neck pain and soreness. Basically, you lie on your back on a flat surface, put support under your knees (I use a pillow). Make sure your head and neck are comfortable while lying on the traction unit. Start to inflate the hand held on the pump. The key is to make sure you are relaxed while you are doing traction. You will notice that the construction and design of the pronex make it very comfortable to use. You can use it over and over again when you have neck pain as an effective treatment for neck pain. Once you have completed your treatment protocol for traction as prescribed by your Dr, you can do a maintenance traction session once a week or once a month- what ever you feel is necessary.
Recommend this product?
If you are experiencing neck pain, stiff neck, numbness and tingling into your hands and arms, or weakness and your Dr has prescribed a course of cervical traction for you- then consider the Pronex Pneumatic Cervical Neck Traction Unit. I consider it the cadillac of traction units and most chiropractic offices use and recccomend this traction unit for the neck. I prefer using this traction unit over other units for many reasons:
1. You can get up to 30 lbs of pressure with this traction unit
2. Provides even distraction- You will get traction in the anterior (front) and posterior (back) parts of the disc
3. The Pronex will not involve your jaw- No aggravation on the TMJ Joint
4. It comes in 3 sizes, so you can make sure the traction unit fits your neck correctly
5. It is very comfortable and relaxing and will give you neck pain relief- it will allow your neck and head to be in its most natural position
6. The Pronex is simple to use and you can travel with it
7. No assembly involved- no over the head hook ups, no weights, no cables, no springs and no levers. Traction does not have to look scary!
8. Comfortable neoprene head strap that will Stabilize your head and assist with the counterforce during neck traction
9. It comes with a convenient carrrying case.
10. Use the Single-hand pump inflation simply- this allows you to control neck traction while maintaining a position of relaxation
11. If your Dr recommends flexion during traction, it comes with an incline tool that will induce flexion. (for some patients this makes traction more comfortable)
12. Convenient for home use-I prefere to do neck traction at home instead of taking pain pills, and hopefully avoiding surgery.
The Pronex Pneumatic Cervical Traction Unit comes in 3 convenient sizes- REGULAR: Fits a neck measuring 14"-16", LARGE: Fits a neck measuring 17"-18" and WIDE: Fits a neck measuring 18"-19" (ideal for the football types).
Check out Arc4life for more frequently asked questions about the Pronex including research studies and testimonials on this great neck traction unit. For Step by Step Instructions on how to do cervical traction at home, visit this url http://arc4life.blogspot.com/2008/09/end-your-neck-pain-with-cervical.html;
Not everyone is a candidate for traction so make sure you have a proper exam with your Dr to make sure you are a candidate for cervical traction.
Read all comments (1)
Share this product review with your friends