Purina Alpo Come N' Get It Dog Food Reviews

Purina Alpo Come N' Get It Dog Food

+$5.99 shipping Wag.com

Old Dogs Run for Alpo

May 9, 2008 (Updated May 9, 2008)

Pros:A very good nutritious dog food,that dogs love.

Cons:None

The Bottom Line: This is a very good dog food that must taste great because the dogs eat all of it. I don't have to call them twice for supper.

I have 3 old dogs that have been on Purina since they were pups. They all started on Purina puppy chow, and then went on Purina Dog Chow. Dalmatians have very sensitive stomachs so when you find a food that works well you tend to stick with that food.

We were getting ready to go camping for the weekend at Fort Clinch. We thought we had the camper loaded. We forgot the Purina Dog Chow. You can never forget the Dalmatians food. Anyone who owns a Dalmatian knows what I'm talking about.

My husband ended up at the Dollar Store, all he could get was Alpo Come'N Get IT. Once before this happened and it was not a Purina brand and the dog was sick for 2 days. Maybe we would get lucky this time, the food is still made by Purina.

The Alpo Come'N Get It came in a very colorful bag with a beautiful picture of I think a yellow Lab on the bag. The bag says real beef, chicken, liver,and cheese flavor. The food is made of tiny brown triangular pieces, which are cheese,tiny dark brown o shapes, which are liver, red bone which is beef, and tan drum stick shapes which are chicken. The o shape ones remind me of cheerios. This dog food contains high quality protein for strong muscles. Some of the ingredients in Alpo Come'N Get It are:

Corn, corn germ meal, meat and bone, soybean meal, beef tallow Preserved with mixed-tocopherols, animal digest, salt potassium chloride, beef and liver meal, dried cheese powder, dl-methionine, added color, choline chloride,zinc sulfate,ferrous sulfate,manganese sulfate, vitamin e supplement,niacin, vitamin a supplement, calcium carbonate, copper sulfate, brewers dried yeast, calcium pantothenate, garlic oil, pyridoxine hydrochloride, vitamin b-12, thiamine mononitrate, vitamin d-3, riboflavin, calcium iodate,memadione sodium bisulfite complex, folic acid, biotin, and sodium selenite.

The dog food also comes in three flavors. There is Alpo Come'N Get It which is the mixed grill,the prime cuts,and the gravy dog food. This dog food is 100% complete and balanced nutrition. These all can be bought in 15 pound or forty pound bags. The food contains a big meaty taste. Lucky seemed to love the food,and he ate it all. He never got sick,so I know he can eat Alpo Come'N Get It. It seemed to satisfy him very nicely.

My other two dogs have tried this dog food now and they like it just as much as Lucky did. We will buy it again,and switch off with their dog chow. If there are any questions 1-800-551-7392.

Alpo is recommended for adult dogs. You should use an 8 ounce measuring cup and follow the chart on the bag when feeding your dog. you should always follow the recommended feeding and take into consideration the age of the dog. Some dogs require less feeding if they are not as active. The weight on the bag runs from dogs 3 pounds to over 100 pounds.

Overall, I would recommend Alpo Come'N Get It it is a nutritious and healthy dog food, and I trust Purina. My dogs love it. This product is manufactured by Purina Petcare Company, St. Louis, Missouri 63164.

Product Not Found